Ironman Foam Builds (info added on page 1 for foam builds) Update on helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to disappoint but I just did the collar and rib cage update. Torso was the first thing I made back at the start of this thread. I will how ever be doing the rest of the front and the shoulders tonight, pics up later for ya.

Sorry to disappoint but I just did the collar and rib cage update. Torso was the first thing I made back at the start of this thread. I will how ever be doing the rest of the front and the shoulders tonight, pics up later for ya.

cheater :p

Thank you for you comments guys, much appreciated.
Latest parts of the chest made tonight. I would do more but Skyrim calls.

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Only a small update today as I haven't had much time for the suit as been working on wedding photos. Incase you are wondering what the red bits of craft foam are on the neck brace, they are there because I wasn't happy with how smooth the cuts were. I know the pics from earlier in the thread look fine but in reality they aren't (the camera does lie)

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

Going to stick them onto the clothes, well thats the plan so far. Going to cut the front of the top so the upper half is a flap that velcros up. I could see a problem getting my head through the neck hole if I don't.

Sir that is some really crazy detail work. It's just awe inspiring. Thank you for sharing with us.

Thank you guys, your comments keep me going, without um I slack off :p! Got some updates for you as I have finished my wedding job now. Not booking any more shoots till after the baby is born so 6 weeks to get this build finished now. Here is tonights efforts.

The image I have been working on from the start didn't have the best shoulder pads so had a look around for inspiration and this image held the key to the answer.

0006_sut_suitcase_suit_0903.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg
IMG_0331.jpg

The eyes need some work as not lighting up in the middle very well. I think I will go for the lack of a good view option and have the L shaped slits under frosted perspex to see out of.
Not ideal but will look much better and I doubt I will have the helmet on much if I am moving around a lot.

Got the eyes the way they should be. I cut off latex glove fingers and slid them over the perspex. Stuck the LEDs behind um and they light up just right. Will cut new eye windows (perspex bits) a bit smaller so I can see under them. Wont be the best view ports but will look much better. Once I get them right will glue the face plate back in place.

IMG_0356.jpg

Those eyes look great! I can't wait to see this build all finished. Really I look forward to an update on this thread daily. Keep up the fantastic work.

This looks amazing! I am normally not a fan of foam helmets, but you have definitely pulled it off. Probably the best foam helmet I have ever seen. I also love the detail you have put into this with foam, and without pep templates nonetheless! Can't wait to see it finished! Keep it up!

That is some mighty fine foam work you're doing there. It's looking great!:)

Thank you guys I thrive on your support, trying to keep the standards up as I know some members prefer us none Halo builders to post else where (seen a couple of negative comments out there. Although I will be doing a master chief after this build). So for those that just appreciate the build no matter what it is here is a pic that has had me buzzing all day long in work :)

IMG_0363.jpg

On my break from a split shift I popped home and while making food started on the chest fillers. Mine is a little different from the image but I am not too worried about small inconsistencies as it fits what I have made and should allow for nice movement.

0006_0905.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

Dude, it doesn't matter to me as long as you give it all you've got. Besides, Iron Man is da bomb!:)

Well I love the community here so not going anywhere. I will add I haven't had anything bad directed at me just good. Anyways got a week off soon so you will be getting lots of updates :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back