Ironman Foam Builds (info added on page 1 for foam builds) Update on helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not done my tests yet but once I have the main chest panels done leading round the back and the waist strips I am going to start attachment tests. Hot glue seems the logical choice and my logic has served me well so far.

Thank you guys I thrive on your support, trying to keep the standards up as I know some members prefer us none Halo builders to post else where (seen a couple of negative comments out there. Although I will be doing a master chief after this build). So for those that just appreciate the build no matter what it is here is a pic that has had me buzzing all day long in work :)
I don't mind at all. Who could criticize work this good, even if it's off the main topic? I remember when they released a video of the suitcase armour scene from Iron Man 2 online... I watched it over and over again. I couldn't get enough. So yeah, I'm happy to see this build. I guess I also posted a Thor build of my own, so I couldn't really complain about other people doing it. Avengers Assemble!

IMG_0363.jpg

Seeing the pieces apart is cool, but it always gets me more excited when I see them together.

I have to be honest, I know this is a foam build but if I didn't know that I never would have guessed it was foam. The helmet especially, wow! Fantastic work!

Thank you so much for your coments guys! By the way Jonus hopefully I will have pics of me wearing the build soon, I am close to that stage of the torso build now. Got a couple of bits to sort before I commit to attachment though.

So I got all the bits out in the work shop drying ready to work on attachment. I was looking at images in work yesterday and comparing them to my build so far. The reality of the helmet size is much different to the CGI models. If you look at Robert Downey jr in the suit he must have the smallest of heads. So to compensate I am going to bulk out my chest a bit by making a foam under frame that I will Velcro on first then put the top over it. Hopefully this will balance out the disproportionate head.

.... Heres a scotch on me Tony... This is unbelievable! (Says the Ironman nerd with an arc reactor tattoo on his chest.) Look forward to the next lot of pics.

Also I am not sure if anyone has posted this, but has anyone thought of or attempted to make the suitcase version of the suit.... (as a suitcase). I have seen the one posted below on ebay but it costs a bit. I would love to build one instead. Any keen pep gurus out there wanna unfold this?

ironman_suitcase.jpg

I already have the foam pep files ready to make the case to finish of the project once I am done :)
Ok its not an actual working case but will look good next the suit once finished and on a manikin.

Thank you guys, your comments keep me going, without um I slack off :p! Got some updates for you as I have finished my wedding job now. Not booking any more shoots till after the baby is born so 6 weeks to get this build finished now. Here is tonights efforts.

The image I have been working on from the start didn't have the best shoulder pads so had a look around for inspiration and this image held the key to the answer.

0006_sut_suitcase_suit_0903.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg
IMG_0331.jpg

The eyes need some work as not lighting up in the middle very well. I think I will go for the lack of a good view option and have the L shaped slits under frosted perspex to see out of.
Not ideal but will look much better and I doubt I will have the helmet on much if I am moving around a lot.

Got the eyes the way they should be. I cut off latex glove fingers and slid them over the perspex. Stuck the LEDs behind um and they light up just right. Will cut new eye windows (perspex bits) a bit smaller so I can see under them. Wont be the best view ports but will look much better. Once I get them right will glue the face plate back in place.

IMG_0356.jpg

Very well done, when we think we saw it all it is always something new coming up.
I woud like to ask you if you can do a tutorial how to do the eyes please?
Keep it up

I will get a tutorial of how I did the eyes in the next week Ziffa.

I got hit hard with long shifts this weeks so not had any time to do any work on my IM build. I messed up and burned a hole in the face plate, GGGRRR!! So due to anger problems I have left it alone till I am ready to chill and get back on it :p
I do how ever have a little build that you halo lovers will like that have started while getting ready to get back to the IM build that I will update you on next week (10 days off work as of right now!).

I don't mind at all. Who could criticize work this good, even if it's off the main topic? I remember when they released a video of the suitcase armour scene from Iron Man 2 online... I watched it over and over again. I couldn't get enough. So yeah, I'm happy to see this build. I guess I also posted a Thor build of my own, so I couldn't really complain about other people doing it. Avengers Assemble!

Seeing the pieces apart is cool, but it always gets me more excited when I see them together.

Shame I don't live in the US. I would love to turn up as Iron Man at comc-con with you all suited up as Thor and if we could get a hot Black Widow in on it then I would sell my right nut too :p

I will get a tutorial of how I did the eyes in the next week Ziffa.

I got hit hard with long shifts this weeks so not had any time to do any work on my IM build. I messed up and burned a hole in the face plate, GGGRRR!! So due to anger problems I have left it alone till I am ready to chill and get back on it :p
I do how ever have a little build that you halo lovers will like that have started while getting ready to get back to the IM build that I will update you on next week (10 days off work as of right now!).

Thanks a lot drack and keep it up with the great work you are doing :D
Sorry to hear that hope all is okay now at work

I messed up and burned a hole in the face plate, GGGRRR!! So due to anger problems I have left it alone till I am ready to chill and get back on it :p

I know how that is all too well. Just recently got moving to fast on my build and warped my helmet badly. I was quite irritated that I had to chill for a few days. With as good as everything is turning out, I have no doubt that you will be able work this one out. Everything is looking great!

Shame I don't live in the US. I would love to turn up as Iron Man at comc-con with you all suited up as Thor and if we could get a hot Black Widow in on it then I would sell my right nut too :p

Well then good news! I live in Canada! We're practically the same colony:rolleyes

But seriously, your Iron Man next to my Thor would make it look like my costume was made by a child.

Here it is :)

All made but now I am gonna head down stairs and start learning how to do finer detailing with the soldering iron. I can not mess that bit up or its almost start again.........:angry

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg
That is foam?! How do you manage to cut and make it look so crisp and clean??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back