Joining Chest Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris uk 83

Hi guys. I've recently finished a mk 6 chest piece (which took a very long time) and duly chopped it in half in order to make it wearable. Does anybody have any ideas about how I might go about joining it back together so it's detachable and doesn't look joined?

I've experimented with metal bars which slide into guides but these aren't enough. Any ideas would be very welcome!

Hmmm, I would say either using velcro or magnets would do the best. Come to think of it, a combination would probably be even better. Use velcro to attach the top portion of the armor and magnets to hold the sides together.

Rare-earth magnets or plastic side-release buckles are among the most common re-attachment method. Velcro can also be suitable.

In the future, please try to refrain from posting a thread for one question like this. This topic has been brought up many times in the past, and a Search might have gotten you the answer. Failing that, please direct these kinds of questions to the relevant "Help!" threads stickied at the top of this forum. They are there to prevent clutter by combining discussion of certain subjects. For example, this question could have been posted in the "Help! for Costume Assembly" thread.

If you'd like, take a look at Page 20 or so of my build thread, linked in my sig. I explicitly detail how I went about attaching the chest halves. Good luck!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Yours looks brilliant, I'll follow suite and try the buckles and strapping method. Sorry for posting in the wrong place!

Buckles work great, Ive salvages a few from old backpacks and bookbags and they are easy to attach and they do their job well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back