Conventions, Costume Contests and the like

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanT117

Hi all southwestern members, I was wondering if any of you know of any Cons, Costume contests or anything like that, that will be taking place around the southwestern states?

Comic Con is the big one for the south western US. We usually have a decent group there and there's usually a couple Halo-related panels to check out. It can be hard to get tickets though! I've tried organizing some out-of-con things, but it's been difficult.

Another big convention in Socal is Anime Expo, but that's less halo related.

RoxyRoo's group is over in Arizona-ish area, so they might have some events there.

We do indeed. The next big one here is in May, called Phoenix Cactus ComiCon. We have lots of big guests coming this year, including William Shatner. The Masquerade is usually on the 3rd day (it's a four-day convention). We reached over 35,000 attendees last year. Or was it over 40,000? I dunno. But it's getting really big.

After that is SabotenCon in October. I believe there's a few conventions in Las Vegas, Nevada every year, but I've never looked into it.

Sweet Roxy! I'm somewhat near y'all, I live in NM!!! lol I'll be graduating this may! I hope I can get my suit done by then!!! are you one of the administrators of the Convention?

Honestly, even though it's called "Anime Expo" it is the second biggest con in SoCal compared to Comic Con. It's a wide variety based convention. Yes their might be a bit more of Anime seen, but there is just as much Video game, comic, and Sci Fi costumes. I'm actually hoping to get my ODST done in time for Anime Expo. I highly recommend the con, I've been going for 4 or 5 years now. :)

Honestly, even though it's called "Anime Expo" it is the second biggest con in SoCal compared to Comic Con. It's a wide variety based convention. Yes their might be a bit more of Anime seen, but there is just as much Video game, comic, and Sci Fi costumes. I'm actually hoping to get my ODST done in time for Anime Expo. I highly recommend the con, I've been going for 4 or 5 years now. :)
great, so you would know if they cost anything and if they do, how much is it? same applies for your Cons, Roxy, are they free? if not, how much?

i know that comic con in SD you have to buy tickets online and if you want to get to comic con you have to get on the website very fast because those tickets go in a second, im not sure on price though

We do indeed. The next big one here is in May, called Phoenix Cactus ComiCon. We have lots of big guests coming this year, including William Shatner. The Masquerade is usually on the 3rd day (it's a four-day convention). We reached over 35,000 attendees last year. Or was it over 40,000? I dunno. But it's getting really big.

After that is SabotenCon in October. I believe there's a few conventions in Las Vegas, Nevada every year, but I've never looked into it.
Can't wait to see you. Me and my bro Nintendude are both coming. He's going to be doing some costume panels hopefully for it, but we are both working on Ultramarine suits for it. The fun part is we are travelling via Greyhound and the boxes would be too big for under the bus, so we're going to have to ship the suits there and back, but we have family that still lives there so sleeping arrangements will be taken care of, even though he'll probably stay at the host hotel.

ha my dad's always been a star trek fan, so when I told him William Shatner was gonna be there, he was all, "where at in Az is it? how much will it be?" lol so either I'm goin, or me and my dad's goin, I just need details on whether or not they charge, and if so what it will be. I believe in order for everyone to know I'm tellin the truth, that I really did start off with paper, I should bring a poster board with all my pictures laminated from my build, you know like a presentation board? and I think it would be awesome if we all got together in a general area and repped 405th, you think?

ok, thanks dude! I'm sure Roxy probably already does something to the effect of what I mentioned above^^, reppin it 405th! lol

The price just rose for tickets, but they give you a deal on nearby hotels if you get a package type thing.

The convention is at the Phoenix Convention Center in Downtown Phoenix. Do note, not only will you have to buy your ticket, but you will also have to arrange staying at a hotel. Save up enough money for your ticket, hotel, gas/plane ticket, and spending money. Bring comfortable shoes, make sure to eat properly otherwise you'll be dog tired by day 3, and it WILL be very hot. Arizona's summer starts at the end of March, but the convention center has nice air conditioning, so staying inside should help. (i'm not a PCC administrator, but I am indeed a veteran convention goer. ^_- )

I'll be sporting my armor this year. I'll be happy to see another 405th member visit. ^^ I'm hoping I can get some of my friends to troop with us.

SHOUT out to Trooper0621,
Hey! Any of you California peeps wanna come too? 8D

Full Event membership May 31st to December 31st 11:59PM are $35
Full Event membership January 1st to May 23rd 11:59 pm are $40
but the con is labor day weekend? how can this be?

PCC used to be during January, but they switched the time when they switched the location. The reason? They hoped changing the time to summer would help boost attendance (since school would be out). And oohhh did it work. o_O So many people last year!

o_O eh?

well I already bought mine. Regaurdless of the dates, PCC tickets are PCC tickets. Show proof that you bought them when you come to pick up your badge and you will get your badge. That is, if you intend of coming. =D

I believe that Wondercon was moved to Anahiem, CA this year and it's coming up quite soon. I plan to be going to that and SD Comic-Con

o_O eh?

well I already bought mine. Regaurdless of the dates, PCC tickets are PCC tickets. Show proof that you bought them when you come to pick up your badge and you will get your badge. That is, if you intend of coming. =D
oh, ok cool lol do they give you a receipt or something, or I guess they have a way of authorizing it if you buy them online. I do intend on coming. lol just have to push myself and get my armor done by then, shouldn't take long.. lol

@Spacemeat
I've never been to WonderCon. How is that one?

@SpartanT117:
They email a receipt to you. Print it out and bring it with you. Heck, you might not even have to. Usually you just tell them your name and show them an ID and they'll give it to you. I hope you can come. I want to hang with some spartans! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back