Conventions, Costume Contests and the like

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Spacemeat
I've never been to WonderCon. How is that one?

@SpartanT117:
They email a receipt to you. Print it out and bring it with you. Heck, you might not even have to. Usually you just tell them your name and show them an ID and they'll give it to you. I hope you can come. I want to hang with some spartans! =D
It would be awesome for me too, not to be the only 405th member there, let alone the only spartan.. lol #Lone Wolf status XD lol I'll try my best to get there, it mustn't be fun hangin with all the anime geeks.. :p

You really don't need the reciept that's just if you don't have your ID. Every con I've gone to has given me a reciept but I've never used it. Just showed my ID and told em what kind of pass I bought.

Hey! Who are you callin' an anime geek? XD lol jk. Nah. The anime peeps aren't so bad. It's the Yaoi fans and the furries you want to stay away from. >.>;;
Anyways, TheLastODST was there last year with his ODST costume. He might bring it out again. There was another Master Chief there, but his suit looked like it had been bought. I'm not sure if he was a member of the 405th. I've been trying to get Phoenix Team back together, but ever since october they've kind of dispersed. =( I miss building armor with them.

Wondercon is pretty neat. I live in SF/SJ so it's always been super convenient to get to, I may have to miss the 2012 one.
Nothing beats SDCC though, what a ride that was, but tickets and hotel are ridiculous.

I wonder if any of these guys are 405th dudes:

Wondercon:
SDC10978.JPG

SDCC:
IMG_2759.JPG

IMG_2835.JPG

PS: Not sure about the rules on posting these pictures, will take them down if they really are someone who wants to remain unseen.

I'm hoping to have my Spartan done by PCC, last year I was part of the huge Star Wars area as a Mando:
254223_2040913231645_1508753323_32207957_8287634_n-1.jpg

(I've changed a lot on this now so it hardly looks like it does in this picture.)

I think I saw a few of you guys there last year, I know I saw that Chief that looked like it was bought, it was rather obvious compared to what I've seen you guys do here.

Roxy: Me and another mando, ONE_END, started doing Spartan armor not to long ago. He's doing a Carter build right now. It would be great to meet you and any other 405th members in the state.

I'm looking at hitting WonderCon myself. Though I doubt my armor will be done by then, I'm still pepping. '~'

Does anyone know any big conventions that happen annually in Utah? (SLC/Provo area). I want to be able to showcase my halo 2 ODST armor LIVE, but there are no conventions here in Beijing. (that I know of)

The next big con that is close to Utah is GalaxyFest in Colorado Springs, followed by StarFest in Denver so just on the other side of the hills from SLC..... okay after a 7 hour drive, allowing for gas and food breaks. GalaxyFest is the 24,25,26 or FEB and StarFest is the 20,21,22 of April.

SHOUT out to Trooper0621,
Hey! Any of you California peeps wanna come too? 8D

Roxy, I would love to come and arrange some sort of road trip out there! Unfortunately though, labor day is typically tough for me. I regularly volunteer at Fanime that weekend managing their security/"rovers" department. Perhaps next year though? I'll be back in SD anyways, so it'll be closer and maybe I can take a break from working and actually relax on my labor day weekend. I'll definitely have to remember and keep that con in mind though.

Roxy, I would love to come and arrange some sort of road trip out there! Unfortunately though, labor day is typically tough for me. I regularly volunteer at Fanime that weekend managing their security/"rovers" department. Perhaps next year though? I'll be back in SD anyways, so it'll be closer and maybe I can take a break from working and actually relax on my labor day weekend. I'll definitely have to remember and keep that con in mind though.

Oh Fanime.. Why does it have to be on the same weekend? >_< My Cali friends always go to it. I wish I could go, but it falls flat on PCC. BLARG! Well, spread the word, I guess, to your Cali armor buds. Maybe one or two would like to come out this year. :)

well, this isn't a necro, because I started this thread, :p but PCC is coming up, labor day weekend, prices for pre-bought tickets are $40, $45 at the door for the whole event. I should be coming out there, so any other Spartans, ODST's or Marines that should be coming, report to RoxyRoo's thread! we should get each others numbers or some kind of senior level communique *coughReachreferencecough* before hand so we can all get together at one spot and rep 405th West! I'll be coming as a Reach MKV5 Hazop Spartan. what's your Loadout?

If I could afford the trip out to pcc I would love to go but I'll just be attending AX this year, goodluck on your con experience, and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back