Hi to everyone from chocolate country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B3RS3RK

Hello guys!
First let me say "Thank you all" for the hard work you gave for this community (every guide, advice, answer, everything).

My name's Viatcheslav (just call me Ace or Berserk XD) and I live in Switzerland, I'm 23 right now and I work. I like videogames, video editing, running, spending time with best friends, work (yep like it too hehehe), anime, reading (mostly videogames novels) and the Halo universe.

The first time I saw something about Halo armor was from Nightmare Armor Studios, and american company that build armors and many other things from videogames and own projects (now it's called Exomechs), I wanted to buy one because these armors where amazing and made of hard materials but unfortunately I was a student then... now I work since 2009 and I've tried to contact the company but nothing.

Then I discovered this site (something like 2 years ago) but I wasn't interested into making my own suit until now.

This week I started to "googling" and checking through this forum about making a suit and downloaded PEP in order to see how does it work, how much time and effort I need to put in this work and so on.

I'm doing a trial piece using PEP Halo ODST Shoulder Plate HD, yesterday I made half of the work and I just used standar paper (not the cardstock) and standard duct tape.
I have to say I feel proud about what I made yesterday, I almost never made things like that and it feels rewarding.

As I said it's a trial piece, from what I read and saw the best way to build the pep model is using cardstock, hot glue, metal ruler, etc. but let's just try to learn better methods for duct taping, glueing and folding and then I can start a serious project.

I'll appreciate every advice, commend and critic because thank to them I can upgrade my skills and technique.

Hi to everyone once again and good work, "see you" on the threads!

I had never thought of using duct tape before. It would be very strong for holding a piece together, but I don't think I would be able to assemble a pep piece that way. Maybe hot gluing and then reenforcing with the tape? It would almost be like fiberglass (because of the cloth) except not rigid. I may have to experiment with this....

I had never thought of using duct tape before. It would be very strong for holding a piece together, but I don't think I would be able to assemble a pep piece that way. Maybe hot gluing and then reenforcing with the tape? It would almost be like fiberglass (because of the cloth) except not rigid. I may have to experiment with this....

Well you know, right now I'm gonna use Cementit (it's a superglue, I don't know if there is the same brand in US) to glue the pep model, but if I duct tape the cardstock paper in order to make it a little bit solid there would be problems with resining and solvents from what I read in the forum, and the tutorial says to use duct tape only if there's nothing available in that moment...

Maybe glueing together many layers of cardstock on the pep and then duct taping it could be a solution but I don't so much honestly XD and yesterday I found a place close to my town where they sell resin and fiberglass, so I think I'm gonna take that way but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back