Epic Hat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

So...I'm making the witch hunter hat from Warhammer (concept art) because I think it is one of the most epic hats that I have seen.
witch-hunter-warhammer-online.jpg

Teaser:
hatteaser.jpg

What hat(s), headwear, etc. from movies, video games, real world do you consider epic?
Example: Jayne's hat (Firefly)
jaynehat.jpg

Update:
withhunterwip.jpg

Almost finished. I still need to finish stitching the brim and paint the gold swirly things on the brim. The hat is size XL (23-24" approx.), and I may be offering it up for sale. I don't know, I am seriously digging this hat. Apologies for the quality of the pics. My curtains are red, so the colors are off and I'm using my daughter's cheap camera (ignore the date, I took this pic today). I also added rivets around the brim because just having rivets on the crown seemed a bit off.

It sits kind of funny on the mannequin head making the sides flip up a bit, but it's not too bad. One thing I will do on the next one, is to rivet the whole back seam. I don't like the way the half stitching/half rivets looks. It may be because my kid punched the stitching holes, but it's in the back, so not a big deal. The goggles are almost always on the mannequin head. I forgot to take them off when taking pics of the hat. They are loosely based on the goggles pattern on my website.
witchhunter6.jpg
witchhunter5.jpg
witchhunter4.jpg
witchhunter3.jpg
witchhunter2.jpg
witchhunter.jpg

Here's a couple of witch hunter hats from DeviantArt:
Witchhunter_hat___Imperial___2_by_Leder_Joe.jpg
by Leder-Joe
This one is my favorite:
witchhunter_hat_by_azmal-d4h7urd.jpg

by Azmal