NarachaDte's Custom build. Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarachaDte

So this is my first build
I started out with the Right forearm from (using webcam so sorry about the quality)

Photo_00010.jpg

after that was done I decided to move onto the helmet (Smooth Recon Helmet V2). Turns out it was scaled a little too big, but you learn by the mistakes

Photo_00001.jpg

Currently working on one of the shoulders (which will be EVA from BELAKOR), should be finished soon and I've already got a 2nd Recon helm printed, and the Hayabusa chest (SKUPILKINSON) is scaled and ready to print.

Really looking forward to this build, had some fun looking through the forums for inspiration and ideas. My thanks goes out to Xtreme TACTICS 101 for his scaling guide and all the guys who did the pep modelling too. I will also try to get a better camera

Okay! Managed to get hold of an ok camera and I finished the pep work on the shoulder, bad news is that my printer refuses to print so that's a set back. The new scaled helmet has been cut out and is waiting to be put together

Here are the new pictures

(over sized helmet)
DSCF1208.jpg

DSCF1207.jpg

DSCF1206.jpg

DSCF1205.jpg

(Right Forearm)

DSCF1200.jpg

DSCF1203.jpg

(EVA Shoulder)
DSCF1199.jpg

DSCF1198.jpg

Next update will be the middle of next week, I have an exam coming up so all attention has to be diverted

Great job so far, those arms looked like pains but you pulled them off. They look good, so does the helmet.

Quick update:
-PRINTER IS FIXED!!! Turns out it was just a bug with my computer settings
-Reprinted the shoulders (two of them now), the 1st shoulder was a bit smaller than I would have liked
-Started work on the new helmet, hopefully it will be a decent fit, I'd hate to have to do it 3 times! haha
-Almost struggling to scale the Hayabusa chest
-Boots, Left forearm and Bicep printed

Will finish off the helmet and then get through the shoulders ASAP
With any luck i'll be able to move onto resin in a couple of weeks

Thanks for all feedback so far, I live off it haha

Another update: Stayed up till 3 this morning to print everything out, I'm pretty much out of Cardstock now and I need to print the Shins and the Chest.
Thanks again for the support :D

Another update: Stayed up till 3 this morning to print everything out, I'm pretty much out of Cardstock now and I need to print the Shins and the Chest.
Thanks again for the support :D

oh boy I hope you are organized....I did that once and i ended up throwing it all away cuase someone decided not to organize his pieces haha. Looking good so far other that the oversized helmet. It's hard to have the right but you'll get it eventually

New update:

finished the right bicep, now almost the whole right arm has been pepped
DSCF1231.jpg

New helmet finished-

(whilst I was working)-
DSCF1209.jpg

After I finished it (with the 2 EVA shoulders)-
DSCF1234.jpg

everything I have so far, including my folder of prints
DSCF1225.jpg

now working on the Hand plate, and the fiberglassing will come sometime next week hopefully, I'm getting supplies this weekend and I have to set up in a friends garage so this should be fun!

here's a picture of my workstation, not much to talk about really haha

DSCF1211.jpg

I'll keep you all posted on any further progress, over and out.

It looks terrible.

I jest of course! Love ya ;D Also, you're a hell of a lot more organised than me, I finally got round to printinjg some stuff out and it's all over the shop atm!

Note to self: 1 costume at a time.

Finally managed to get some resining done!
Got the whole right arm finished as well as the Helmet and the Cod-piece
No-one told me how fun this is compared to folding bits of card! :D

Two months on and no progress made, won't have a chance to do anything till after my exams. Changing ideas as well I'm just going to stick to #VI armour. Ditching the Hayabusa chest, Recon Helm and the EVA shoulders. Gonna keep it simple :)

It looked like you are cutting on a metal surface with a box cutter. You might want to consider an X-acto cutting tool and a cutting pad. Progress looks good. Don't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back