Tactonyx Halo Weapons Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, I love the simple elegant design of the Halo 1 M90. No rails, a discreet torch, no tacticool crap hanging everywhere. Very cool build.

Thanks Everyone.
@p bro: Amen to that. That's why I prefer to build the old school Halo weapons.

Here's a fun pic that sizes up my models.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Enjoy.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
Update, here are some pics of the completed shotty:

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Da+Guns+009.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Demoing that the elevator works with the pump action and bolt. You can clearly see the firing chamber, and the magazine tube with two 8 gauge shells sitting inside.
Da+Guns+007.JPG

Looking down the iron sights
Da+Guns+010.JPG

This model of the shotty has a cycling pump action with the bolt attached to the mechanism. The elevator moves downwards when the pump is pulled back all the way. When the pump is in battery, the elevator can still move in simulating loading shells in the shotgun. Unfortunately there is no room for the shells to go, the elevator is more of a cool factor than anything else.
From the last pic, this model has very few parts and is very easy to assemble.
Gonna start molding this beast next week. Standby...

Wow, nothing to say about a completed shotty? How about a freshly casted shotty?

Da+Guns+001.JPG

If that's not good enough, how about this:

BR55HB.jpg

The Halo: Reach BR55 conceptualization. While I like the BR55 from Halo 2, I went with the Reach version because it was a BR55 style that no one has made replicas of yet, and two, I already had the DMR, so why not upgrade it to this:

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+002.JPG

I have the shotty in the classifieds if any of you guy's are interested in getting a hold of one. As for the Reach BR55, let me know what you guy's think of it.
Thanks for looking at my thread, and questions, comments or critiques are welcomed.

Man it's been a little bit since i have been online. And look what i have missed!
Shotty and BR55 look great man :)

Thanks everyone.
Just dug this out of the storage room:

Da+Guns+001.JPG

As soon as I'm current with all of my projects, I'm going to get started on the MA5 rifle. My MA5 will have a forward pump grenade launcher and the fire control on it as seen on the M319 grenade launcher. But if I really wanted to, the grenade launcher should be easy enough to convert into a flashlight.
My MA5 rifle will be designed so the cowling and the foregrip can be removed, revealing the integrated rail system. Also, this will be able to convert into the MA5K. So this will be a fun project, one I hope to start on in the next few weeks.

I would love to see what you can do with that!! Your work is so impressive, and I know that you could do the MA5 justice.

-Matt

Looking forward to another awesome weapon man, but as always, I'm not a big fan of the Ma5c, it just looks funny for a futuristic weapon... but in real life I'm sure it will look purely awesome :D

Ben, that shotty is sick buddy! You always turn out top notch weapon props...and this is no exception. I really like the new Reach BR. It is my favorite gun out of all the ones in Reach. I can't wait to see what you do with it. :D

My styling on a M6C kit

Hello All,

Just thought I'd share some of the work I did on one of these wonderful pistol kits. The quality is absolutley amazing, and the fact that it has moving parts really makes the prop come alive. If another run of these becomes available, I HIGHLY suggest you take the opportunity to get one, if but to put on display on a shelf even.

For my version, I was more interested in going for the classic M6D look to compliment my MK V suit, so that made the paint scheme a little tough to make work since this is also the M6C soccom from ODST (which has more of a black/gun metal color). SO, I took some liberties with the coloring on the suppressor and LAM.

I first sanded all the imperfections down, then washed it in a mild soap and water. Once dry, I gave it a coat of silver metal (glitter?) spray paint and then when that was dry I hit it with some rub n buff wax. After buffing it to the shine I wanted, I let it sit for a week (the HARDEST PART, let me tell you) and then started to paint the details, and assemble the model.

Lots of pics below. Enjoy!!

Before being assembled:
KiW2wl.jpg

eJEwil.jpg

completed
voOA5l.jpg

classic style
hvmOyl.jpg

9PrxEl.jpg

orKRHl.jpg

ODST style
g22Fxl.jpg

0jDeZ.jpg

gCCM5.jpg

Great work on these kits man, so glad I got one!

Last edited by a moderator:
The 12th MEU, The Devil's Own has 2 CAWS and here's my finished version. Following the paint scheme I had with 'Candy', here it is....

IMG_0558_zps78c53b11.jpg

IMG_0559_zps7a058d97.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

Tac outdid himself on this kits and you'd be missing out if you didn't own at least one of these weapon kits from him.

Stay safe,

Tim.

I've said once I'll say it again awesome looking work.
You are the 405th's Weapon Master. :cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back