Tactonyx Halo Weapons Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone, I've created this thread so I can post all of my builds in one spot, and so they can all be found in one spot.
To start out with, all of my builds are built from expanded PVC foamboard and sheet styrene. I usually get them in 1mm, 2mm and 3mm sheets of varying surface areas. I use an exacto knife with a reverse tanto tip or a reverse scalpel to cut the plastic (I prefer slightly dull blades as they are least likely to get stuck in the plastic)
I use epoxy putty and bondo to do body work and I use liquid super glue to assemble the entire projects. I also use brush on superglue for superficial chattering and seams and I use gel super glue to fill in small dents and holes.
I use 80 grit sandpaper to work off most of the putty work and 100 grit sandpaper to do all of my regular work, and use 150 grit and 400 grit on parts that are supposed to look like metel.
there ya go dude!

Like everyone else here, I'm always impressed with everything I've seen you make.

I may have missed it, but what do you use to create the stamped lettering in your builds?

Thanks Thor, when doing lettering, I usually type or draw stuff on paint, I use Tunga font, size 12 usually. (it may be a different size on other computers) I print it out and cut out the words or symbols that I want to use. I draw a line where I want the lettering to go on the model then I use masking tape to tape the paper on it. I then use a small flathead screwdriver and press the letters into the foamboard. 2's, 5's, S's and 8's suck to make.
This works great on foamboard and cured resin, I've had some success with wood and bondo, and epoxy putty is very difficult to get anything to turn out right. I don't use fiberboard, but I'm thinking it might work great on that. I don't think you'll have any problems doing this to your stuff.

My two cents.

Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

I don't use fiberboard, but I'm thinking it might work great on that. I don't think you'll have any problems doing this to your stuff.

Amazing that you get that look, more or less, by hand. I'll definitely have to give it a shot your way. Failing that, I'll finally have to break down and invest in a laser cutter...

The gauge part is obviously for your secret build which is the USAS-12 in dedication for your favorite game, Battlefield 3.

It seems like everyone is building the shotgun, so I'll show mine off as well.
Introducing the M90 Mk.2 CAWS
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+004.JPG

3.5 8GA vs a 2.75 12GA
Da+Guns+005.JPG

The post above this one is the elevator to my M90.
My shotgun features a working pump, moving bolt, moving elevator, working safety/fire selector and a working trigger. I wanted this to be able to load rounds, but when I mold this it'll prove to be more trouble than it's worth. Theres a couple of more pics of the shotty on the first page.
Thanks for looking at my stuff, and feel free to comment.

Thank you everyone. Here's a handful of pistols I made. Some of them already have homes, others I'll keep for my own twisted uses. Check out the "K" at the bottom, that is going to turn into one saweet gun once I'm done with it.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Here's some WIP pics of the sniper rifle:
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Quick drafts of the rifle, scope and firing chamber
Da+Guns+004.JPG

Firing Chamber and Muzzle Brake
Da+Guns+005.JPG

Alpha scope
Corridor+Digital+1.JPG

Rotating bolt
Da+Guns+002.JPG

Mag
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Da+Guns+008.JPG

Da+Guns+009.JPG

Construction of the upper

This is just awesome. Don't be afraid to post more pic's of how you make these works of art come to life. ;)

Wow! That sniper rifle looks like its gonna turn out to be a beast. Just a quick question, how's the sturdiness of your guns? Do you feel comfortable wielding them as if they wood or similar material? Or do you have to harden them to make them that strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back