Tactonyx Halo Weapons Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactonyx

Greetings everyone, I've created this thread so I can post all of my builds in one spot, and so they can all be found in one spot.
To start out with, all of my builds are built from expanded PVC foamboard and sheet styrene. I usually get them in 1mm, 2mm and 3mm sheets of varying surface areas. I use an exacto knife with a reverse tanto tip or a reverse scalpel to cut the plastic (I prefer slightly dull blades as they are least likely to get stuck in the plastic)
I use epoxy putty and bondo to do body work and I use liquid super glue to assemble my projects. I also use gel super glue to fill in small dents and holes.
I use 80 grit sandpaper to work off most of the putty work and 100 grit sandpaper to do all of my regular work, and use 150 grit and 400 grit on moving parts that will be rubbing against another part.
I will be reserving the first posts so I can upload projects as they come along (and believe me, I have quite a bit of Halo weapons already being worked on) and If you ask a question and I don't respond, that's because the answer is already here in this first thread.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not have a stash of pep files, these are not made from pep files and I don't use pep files for my guns. Also, I will not share, or sell my weapon blueprints or references. So don't bother asking as you will be ignored.

So to kickstart everything off, I'd like to introduce my M6 Pistol.

Here's the renders of the pistol. My pistol is based heavily on the Halo 2 M6C pistol, though I do take some design elements from the Halo 3 ODST pistol.
Halo+Pistol+M6C.jpg

My M6 Pistol family so far
Da+Guns+001.JPG

M6C
Da+Guns+015.JPG

Da+Guns+010.JPG

Da+Guns+016.JPG

M6C SOCOM
Da+Guns+012.JPG

Da+Guns+013.JPG

Da+Guns+014.JPG

Proto M6G, or D, whichever you prefer.
Da+Guns+008.JPG

M6J Carbine
Da+Guns+005.JPG

Da+Guns+008.JPG

Da+Guns+001.JPG

M6K Compact
Da+Guns+004.JPG

Da+Guns+018.JPG

Da+Guns+019.JPG

The pistol features a working trigger with a 3/16 (5mm) travel, a working safety, working slide, friction locked magazine, working Picatinny rails and interchangeable parts to make it into several variants with little modification.
I do plan on making copies of these so I can make the other variants so I may do a run of them here very shortly.
If you want to see more images of my Pistol, you can visit my website here:http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/2010/10/halo-m6-pistol.html

Here's my personal favorite, the M7 smg

M7 renders
M7.jpg

M7S.jpg

M7 Exploded
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Cross section of the stock
Da+Guns+004.JPG

M7 Vanilla
Da+Guns+1.JPG

Da+Guns+6.JPG

Da+Guns+2.JPG

Da+Guns+014.JPG

M7S
Da+Guns+3.JPG

Da+Guns+4.JPG

Da+Guns+009.JPG

Demonstration of the foregrip locking mechanism in action
Da+Guns+011.JPG

And yes, I like my builds to be very technical and detailed.
Da+Guns+017.JPG

The M7 smg features a rotating foregrip that can lock, a detachable barrel shroud, detachable silencer, extending locking stock, working trigger, detachable friction locked magazine, detachable reflex sight and a reciprocating bolt that can be locked back.
If you want to see more images of my Pistol, you can visit my website here: http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/2010/10/halo-m7-sub-machine-gun.html

I think was a pretty cool rifle, one of the exceptionally few weapons that I actually liked out of Halo: Reach.

M392 Designated Marksman Rifle Render
M392+DMR.jpg

100% completed DMR, donated to the late Mathiue LaCombe (Credit goes to Brandon McClain for molding this bad boy)
Tactonyx+DMR+015.JPG

M392 DMR Exploded View
Da+Guns+001.JPG

M392 DMR
Da+Guns+007.JPG

Da+Guns+011.JPG

Da+Guns+012.JPG

Da+Guns+013.JPG

Da+Guns+014.JPG

Da+Guns+015.JPG

Da+Guns+016.JPG

Da+Guns+017.JPG

Da+Guns+018.JPG

Da+Guns+021.JPG

Da+Guns+022.JPG

The M392 DMR features a working safety, working trigger, working charging handle, detachable friction locked magazine, working weaver style rails, folding front sight post and detachable scope.
You can find more pics of my DMR here: http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/2010/11/halo-m392-designated-marksman-rifle.html

I've decided that the "BMR" was just too ugly and decided to build the BR55. I've changed some of the designs around so it had compatible parts with the MA5 assault rifle.

BR55HB.jpg

M90 Mk.2 CAWS

When I first played Halo, I never read the instruction manual, I just popped the game in and started playing. The shotgun came as a complete surprise when I picked it up in the swamp, but it was an awesome surprise.

Render
M90+Mk+II.bmp.jpg

Left side of shotgun
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Right side of shotgun
Da+Guns+003.JPG

Bolt and Barrel
Da+Guns+023.JPG

Working pump action
Da+Guns+025.JPG

Iron sights
Da+Guns+024.JPG

Magazine, showing two 8 gauge shells
Da+Guns+026.JPG

Pump all the way back
Da+Guns+027.JPG

"Weapon System Technologies"
Da+Guns+028.JPG

Buttstock
Da+Guns+030.JPG

The shotgun has a working trigger and a moving pump action, bolt and elevator. When the pump action is pulled all of the way back, the elevator will move downwards to simulate feeding a round. The elevator will also move in simulation of loading shells.

Here's my take on the MA5 rifles. In here I have the MA5G (Grenadier) the Halo 4 version of the MA5D and the MA5K. My MA5G has a grenade launcher instead of a flashlight.

MA5G.jpg

MA5K.jpg

Here's the neglected M247 GPMG. To me, I always saw the M247 as the big brother of the MA5 assault rifle

M247+GPMG.jpg

Of all of the SRS99's my personal favorite was the Halo 2 sniper. It looks to more like a anti material rifle than any of the others. On a side note, the rifle is about five and a half feet long (1650mm) I've noticed a lot of people used a .50 BMG for thier sniper rifle builds, I built my own 14.5mm round to make it look and feel like a AMR, plus the 14.5mm is way bigger than a .50 and in real world ballistics the 14.5mm is twice as powerful. The sabot based off the Steyr 15.2mm AMR round.

SRS99C-S2AMB Render
24sniperrifle.jpg

About 75% of the gun so far.
Da+Guns+006.JPG

Da+Guns+004.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Da+Guns+007.JPG

The SRS99 witha M6 pistol
Da+Guns+002.JPG

Yeah, this thing is so big it wouldn't fit on my "blue" table for pictures.

Yeah I know I'm hogging all the first 15 posts, but I would like to have all of my Halo stuff in one place. Mind the mess :)

I'm saving all of these posts for future Halo 4 weapons (Such as the grenade launcher found in the trailer)

I think I'll stop at #14, where the Machete, knives and grenades might go.
Sorry for the inconvience, but as the year goes by the posts will start filling up with cool pics of my collection of guns.
Feel free to comment. Thanks.

Your work never ceases to amaze. Blows me away every time I see it, great work again sir!!

-Matt

hey I'm sure you get this a lot, how much would these bad boys cost, each? and what materials are you using? email me, dr_jekal_hide01@yahoo.com
Cant help you on the price, but this was in his first post: "To start out with, all of my builds are built from expanded PVC foamboard and sheet styrene. I usually get them in 1mm, 2mm and 3mm sheets of varying surface areas.
I use epoxy putty and bondo to do body work and I use liquid super glue to assemble the entire projects. I also use brush on superglue for superficial chattering and seams and I use gel super glue to fill in small dents and holes.
I use 80 grit sandpaper to work off most of the putty work and 100 grit sandpaper to do all of my regular work, and use 150 grit and 400 grit on parts that are supposed to look like metal."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back