KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF!...
I'm busy for a few days and all hell breaks loose around here with people making great progress!

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

Lil!!!! You're like the foam princess!
Between you and Drack, I'm looking forward to the foam tut's as I have never worked with foam before.
Super awesome work girly-girl!!! :)
Looks fantastic!

Dave.

Can you say Elite? I can!!! ELITE BABY!!! This is outstanding. Both you and Roxy are killing the foam builds right now. Keep up the amazing work!:D

Awesome! You are putting in 110%. Considering underarmour is as important as the outer. Cant wait to see the robotic arm!

Thanks everyone for checkin' out the build and leaving comments. It is much appreciated :)

-----
@Xarmymustang:
Hahahaha...thanks dude. I'm aiming for detail and comfort, so making it fit right is very important! :)

@Axel:
:) Thanks Axel. Yes, knowing how to sew is definitely a plus! I think it helps you in multiple ways...obviously it's great for making your own undersuit, but being familiar with fabric patterns certainly helped me with making the foam patterns. I highly recommend learning to sew :)

@Brandon McClain:
:D :D :D Thanks, sir!

@spartan-005:
:D Geez, you all are too nice! But I don't know about it being the best female version. There's a ton of super awesome Spartan chicks on here!

@RoxyRoo:
:) Gotta rock the lady hips! And thank you...your build was definitely a catalyst to move me in the foam direction, and it continues to be an inspiration!

@thorn696:
Thanks thorn!

@Cereal Killl3r:
Ah-ahaahahhahahah. Thanks Dave. I literally burst out laughing when I scrolled down and saw the picture. I'll have to wait and see what Drack covers in his tutorial before I do one...I don't want to just do a repeat!

@vshore100:
Aw, thanks vshore! :D

@Sangheilioz:
:) The undersuit is actually super comfy and not restrictive or hot at all, because it's mostly a thin stretchy material with mesh. I think the neck area doesn't get too hot for two reasons: 1) The part that is tight against my neck is not vinyl, but the thin stretchy material and mesh and is breathable. 2) The vinyl portion doesn't actually touch my neck...there is a nice gap that allows some are flow to get in. :)

@Iron Monger:
Thanks! I have a feeling that arm is going to give me some troubles! :p

@Toja:
Hahahaha. Gracias Toja :)

-----

'Til next time... happy building! :)

Originally posted by LilTyrant

Too bad Drack is so far away. Someone really needs to invent a teleporter already...

Only just read this now and I second that. I would be in trouble with my wife though as I would spend too much time in the US geeking on suits :p

Road Kill & Mstruvmagc: Thanks guys :)

Sangheilioz: Do it! :p

drack: Lol. Too true.

-----

Super tired...so I'm gonna make this quick... Update Time! :).

I have a spine! Hooray.

I started out with a sketch like this:
Post_Sketch_01.jpg

Then used it to create this:
Post_Images_00.jpg

And a close up:
Post_CloseUp_02.jpg

All of the different "vertebrae" are separately attached to the undersuit (except for the top, which is attached to the chest) so that the spine can move more naturally.

And that's all for now! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah my giddy aunt!!! That just looks stunning. Your build has to be the best foam work out there period. I haven't even seen anything out there on RPF that matches this. I really can not wait to see this one finished.

OOOO thats pretty :) From the way you say it is attached i think it is a great idea. Your work is stunning to say the least. Keep it up :)

first off, that looks totally awesome.
second, that is a very cool idea to attach each piece individually to the suit! It will look a lot more realistic if you move around and such, very sweet.

Wow excellent job that spine section has to be the best one I have seen on here so far, you doing some amazing work

What can I say that has not already been said?...
Its brilliant Lil!
The whole suit has a grace to it! It flows incredably well and the proportions and scaling are spot on.
This suit WILL become a benchmark, a standard to which all foam suits will be measured against. As so they should!

Your work is trully phenominal! A thing of beauty and a pleasure to watch!
Very well done my dear!
Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back