KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to click furiously on the like button, but sadly it is nowhere to be found :( this just keeps getting better. There is no doubt that this is elite material once it is completed!

Guys this is obvioulsy a fake and photoshopped 'project' there is no possible way human hands could make this. Especially the undersuit. It looks like it was designed by a wizard crafted by a dragon and worn by a my little pony unicorn. The straight lines and dimensions seem to be made more by some sort of android with inifinte patience and an overlay grid built into it's photoreceptors. However, Lil tyrant (if that is your real name) I will happily take this imaginary project off your hands. I'm sure that your efforts will bring me at least 10 thousand dollars on ebay. The depth of craftsmanship and melding of disciplines is so far and away from anything I've seen that there's no way this an be real...I can't believe it's real...is it?......is it ?

LOl @ Alix965. Anyways, this is great. Your attention to detail is amazing. great work on this build!

Tony

Side Note: I don't think this belongs in the "Noob section"

shut-up-and-take-my-money-gif.gif

I can honestly say this is one of the best builds I've found on here!

That spine is flat out SICK!!! It's like every time you post it gets more betterer! (borrowed that word from a friend) You are a true foam (and undersuit) craftswoman. That's a word now too, lol!

That spine is flat out SICK!!! It's like every time you post it gets more betterer! (borrowed that word from a friend) You are a true foam (and undersuit) craftswoman. That's a word now too, lol!

I would say the same thing, if I could lol

Everything about this armor build is insanely awesome. I had to pick up my jaw on the floor after flipping through 23 pages of pure skill.

Also, and I'm sure everyone will agree on that: this thread may be in the "Noob Forum", but there is NOTHING noobish about that armor!

As for my two cents : I really like the unpainted white color. Makes the (sick) undersuit stand out while still revealing the detailed craftsmanship.

LOl @ Alix965. Anyways, this is great. Your attention to detail is amazing. great work on this build!

Tony

Side Note: I don't think this belongs in the "Noob section"

I second this. Can a Mod please bump this up to the Creation Discussion section? I don't think I have to state why she deserves it. It shows.

It does look really comfortable. Great work! How's the mobility? Can you touch your toes without breaking any of the joints? I guess you don't really NEED to though.

Love the details. I'm subscribing to this. Just to add a little bit of pressure for you to continue this amazing streak. :D

I'm in the same boat as Brandon, We need like buttons! I so need to learn to sew, since my wife isn't using the one I bought for her! What all kind of stitches did you use for lycra?

I could swear i posted in here about the awesomeness of this project before, but now I'm not sure.
Anywho, this looks absolutely amazing, the attention to detail, the undersuit, the way you did the spine, like OMG.
just simply brilliant!

I love visiting this thread, its just so liberating to see someone building a spartan with the right level of detail i've always imagened a real suit would look like :')

That Spine plating is just sooooooo sweet. This build just keeps getting better and better.:D

Thanks everyone! Work is long as usual, so I haven't made any further armor progress...but hopefully I can get back on the build this weekend...

-----

@ACDC, Mstruvmgc, Hyper, BLACKULA, Sangheilioz, Toja, Cinderblock, Mustang, and thorn:

Thank you all! The support is appreciated!!

What are black portions around the spine made of?
:) Marine vinyl sewn to the undersuit. It is the same material used on the neck and arm seals.

Ah my giddy aunt!!! That just looks stunning. Your build has to be the best foam work out there period. I haven't even seen anything out there on RPF that matches this. I really can not wait to see this one finished.
Thanks drack! I don't know about it being the best though. Yours, Roxy's and many other suits out there are pretty snazzy!

first off, that looks totally awesome. second, that is a very cool idea to attach each piece individually to the suit! It will look a lot more realistic if you move around and such, very sweet.
:D That's my plan! I ran out of the snaps I was using to attach it though, so I haven't gotten to fully test the movement yet.

What can I say that has not already been said?...
Its brilliant Lil!
The whole suit has a grace to it! It flows incredably well and the proportions and scaling are spot on.
This suit WILL become a benchmark, a standard to which all foam suits will be measured against. As so they should!

Your work is trully phenominal! A thing of beauty and a pleasure to watch!
Very well done my dear!
Dave.
Aaaaaah! You're too kind :p. It may take a bit longer, but I think it's easier to scale things when they are done from scratch :)

I'm trying to click furiously on the like button, but sadly it is nowhere to be found this just keeps getting better. There is no doubt that this is elite material once it is completed!
Hahahaha, thanks :)

Guys this is obvioulsy a fake and photoshopped 'project' there is no possible way human hands could make this. Especially the undersuit. It looks like it was designed by a wizard crafted by a dragon and worn by a my little pony unicorn. The straight lines and dimensions seem to be made more by some sort of android with inifinte patience and an overlay grid built into it's photoreceptors. However, Lil tyrant (if that is your real name) I will happily take this imaginary project off your hands. I'm sure that your efforts will bring me at least 10 thousand dollars on ebay. The depth of craftsmanship and melding of disciplines is so far and away from anything I've seen that there's no way this an be real...I can't believe it's real...is it?......is it ?
Ah-hahahahahahaha. This made me crack up so hard! Thanks :)...and yes, of course it's real :p

I can honestly say this is one of the best builds I've found on here!

Thanks vshore...you know how to put on the pressure! :p

Everything about this armor build is insanely awesome. I had to pick up my jaw on the floor after flipping through 23 pages of pure skill. As for my two cents : I really like the unpainted white color. Makes the (sick) undersuit stand out while still revealing the detailed craftsmanship.
:D Thank you. I like the white too, but....in the end it will have to go! Hopefully it will still look cool painted :p

I second this. Can a Mod please bump this up to the Creation Discussion section? I don't think I have to state why she deserves it. It shows.
Thanks Roxy! :)

It does look really comfortable. Great work! How's the mobility? Can you touch your toes without breaking any of the joints? I guess you don't really NEED to though. Love the details. I'm subscribing to this. Just to add a little bit of pressure for you to continue this amazing streak. :D
Gaaah pressssssure! :p It's pretty comfy so far. I know in the end though, it'll get very warm though!! I think the mobility is pretty good. I haven't tried touching my toes yet...I'll have to do a mobility test at some point...

I'm in the same boat as Brandon, We need like buttons! I so need to learn to sew, since my wife isn't using the one I bought for her! What all kind of stitches did you use for lycra?
Yes, you should learn to sew! Somewhere towards the beginning of the thread I think I posted pictures of the stitch I used. While an overlock machine is better to use, normal sewing machines usually have some sort of stitch that stretches.

I love visiting this thread, its just so liberating to see someone building a spartan with the right level of detail i've always imagened a real suit would look like
Thank you. Now...if only it could work like a real one! :p

----
Keep buildin' guys and I'll try to have any update soon!

The suit looks great, I showed a few of my friends at school and they are contemplating making armor as well. It looks like you are really close to being done with the torso and I was wondering what method you will use for the helmet when you get there? Will you foam build, or pep the helmet?

your work is beautiful, would be happy if i had even just an ounce of your skill!!
:D Thank you...and you totally have foam skills. I've seen your build, you can't hide it :p

The suit looks great, I showed a few of my friends at school and they are contemplating making armor as well. It looks like you are really close to being done with the torso and I was wondering what method you will use for the helmet when you get there? Will you foam build, or pep the helmet?
Thanks :)! Yay for more armor builders. I'm planning on doing foam for everything, including the helmet. I think the helmet will wind up being the last piece I make though...so it'll be a while before I get there...

-----

Oke doke...didn't get a ton of build time in this week, but...it's UPDATE TIME!

I decided to work my way down the armor to the thighs (gotta buy some time before I tackle that robot arm...). First, I taped some newsprint to my leg to roughly mark where the thigh would go:
Post_Step1_01.jpg

Once I had the rough markings, I transferred the newsprint to a pair of stuffed jeans to make sketching the shapes easier. Drawing upside down on your own leg is rather tricky:
Post_Step2_01.jpg

Next, a quick check for rough fit:
Post_Step3_01.jpg

Then cleaning up the template base:
Post_Step4_00.jpg

And into foam:
Post_ThreeShot_00.jpg

It still needs the beveled edge along the front bottom notch and the leg seal (which will be added in vinyl). I also realized (after the fact) that the side detail on the left thigh was totally pointless...I had a momentary lapse of brain power and forgot that Kat's tactical case will cover it. Face palm.

Fortunately, I remembered that (being a girl and all) the thighs will need to come off any time there's a bathroom break. How inconvenient :(. I really don't want to have to remove my knees, shins, and boots to get the thighs off (sounds like a time consuming nightmare)...so I split the thighs and added a clip for easy removal:
Post_Snap_00.jpg

That's all! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back