KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be the nicest Reach build ever...I can't wait to see it finished. Your foam work is downright astonishing. Keep it up!

just wow. It looks sooo amazing. I love the sections pieces and how they all fit on, because from what I think, the in game armor is the same way, the actual armor looks like it is seperate from the under suit. and this just keeps looking more and more like the game. I just simply cannot wait to see this finished, I'm pretty sure I have said that a lot, but i care not! it is truth haha. And to be honest, I'm going to be kind of sad when it goes blue, because the white looks so dang cool. haha

As always, thank you everyone! I really appreciate all of the comments :D

-----

@ Cereal, CrazedOne, Dhamone, Sangheilioz, Annanymous, Dh748, and BlueSol:
Thank you all very, very much :). Your comments are definitely motivational. I'm glad you are all enjoying the build!

Well at least it looks like you will be able to sit down while wearing your suit.
Indeed! That was definitely one of my goals :)

Your suit is actually looking like a true in game Spartan, and I like the fact that is is all put together in sections, very nice job
Thank you sir, an in-game look is definitely what I'm aiming for!

Another EPIC update!
Can't wait for the next one!
:D If everything goes according to planned, I should have another update this weekend!

And yet another awesome up date. The shorts concept has to be one of the best I've seen. Love all the detail you put into them. :D
Thanks thorn, I'm really glad I redid them. The comfort was really an issue!

Once i saw this thread a long time ago, and I was impressed.

Now I read through it, and it blew my mind away.
:D I'm glad it's still interesting!

It's.....it's.........it's................amazuhhhhhhh..................................(loses speech,can't seem to find it anywhere!) :D
Hahahaha, thanks :)

Wohh that's awesome ! I cant wait to see the helmet
:) It'll definitely be awhile until the helmet...savin' it for last!

Wait, how will you simulate having a robotic arm? Amputation?:p
Hahaha...I have a few tricks up my sleeve :p

just wow. It looks sooo amazing. I love the sections pieces and how they all fit on, because from what I think, the in game armor is the same way, the actual armor looks like it is seperate from the under suit. and this just keeps looking more and more like the game. I just simply cannot wait to see this finished, I'm pretty sure I have said that a lot, but i care not! it is truth haha. And to be honest, I'm going to be kind of sad when it goes blue, because the white looks so dang cool. haha
Hahaha, thanks Cinder. I'm glad you are enjoying the build. I kind of know what you mean about the blue, I'm diggin' the white too...but it's definitely gonna get painted. I'm super excited about painting it!!! And, ultimately I think it'll look good in blue, too :p

-----

Thanks for continuing to check out the build everyone! Until next update, keep buildin' guys :D

just slightly Curious what type of foam did you use? I like the updated undersuit. I bet that will feel better to wear longer then the first one. :) Keep up the good work. it is Really coming together :D

Uh, yeah, you've got some serious skills here! Everything I've seen in this thread has been nothing short of breath-taking. This is going to be one great suit when it's finished. Even unpainted and unfinished (as in the picture of your last update a few pages back) it stands up to most people's finished projects. Great job!

Rage inducingly good as usual >:p my favourite thing about your work is the creative licsense you take on things. For example those back plates and cod interface alot better in my opinion than the game's version

aside from the edges of the leather being to far from your body, this is absolutely amazing. truely. so much skill. as it sits now, you could get a job doing this professionally or even do custom work and sell them. you could easily get 700 for the under suit alone.

nice job the foam armor plating and undersuit pieces look awsome but i was just wondering if you already have reference pics of the robotic arm and where it attaches, if you do have some PLEEZ pm with the reference pics as i'm hoping to have time to do a robotic arm soon (hopefully tomorrow)

Thanks everyone :)

@ Tylp:
Thanks, Tylp. I'm using a few different foams: the standard 1/2" floor mats (grey), 1/4" craft foam (white) and 2mm craft foam (white). And indeed, the new shorts are totally wearable for waaaaaay longer than the first pair!

@ carpathiavh99:
:D Thank you very much. I am quite impressed with your build, as well... props to you for sewing with vinyl by hand!!

@ Mstruvmgc:
Thanks! :)

@ Tenebrus:
Hehe, thanks. I'm glad you're digging some of the tweaks!

@ onmi shift:
Thank you :). I don't think I'd ever do this for money though...I work in a "creative industry" so I've gotta leave some sort of creative outlet that's strictly just for fun!

greg079:
Thanks. PM sent.

-----

Ok guys, Sunday night...which means...

It's Update Time!

This weekend, my plan was to complete one of my boots...which almost happened. I definitely made some progress, but I must admit...this piece totally kicked my butt! Lesson learned: Reach boots are ridiculously more complicated than they look.

So, let's get down to business...

I happen to only be 5'3" which is obviously not very Spartan-like, so I decided my boots would need to give me some added height.

Enter the 4" wedges:
Post_1_00.jpg

I know you're probably thinking I'm crazy to use heels, but I promise you they are very comfortable and I have worn them all day without a problem. I can even fit arch supports if I need it :)

Then the wedges disappeared inside some foam:
Post_2_00.jpg

They can still be removed, but I'll elaborate on that more once I finish the boot.

And with the front details:
Post_3_00.jpg

I still need to add the back details, secure the strapping, and figure out a sole...but that will have to wait for another update.

'Til then, keep building guys :). And as always, your comments are appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there a reason you went with heels instead of flats? Are you going for a taller look or do they add some strategic benefit to the armor? I'm just curious since I haven't seen it done before. They look great though, keep it up

First I was all Meh....Wait, this IS liltyrany we're talking about

*scroll.

Wonder what thats goi--
WHOA!!!!

Do you have to humiliate us all with your AMAZING foam work... like could you possibly tone it up a couple notches that way I'll just die from epicness, instead of having to torture myself looking at suck beautiful sho-... I mean Work. XD SERIOUSLY good job!

Im sure spartans came in all varieties (including short). But the heels idea is something different which you have stamped as your own! Nice!. I really hope they are comfortable as if you plan on wearing em at a con all day they can be tiring. For my gears build I built around snowboard boots. They did a number on my feet.

Must say your attention to foam detail is uncanny and impeccable. Love it!!!!!!

..... I have no words.....

One thing that's for sure is that I'm dying to see this thing in person when it's all done!
However... this would be a geographical challange :(

(sigh) figures.

Truly elite work Lil, as usual!

Dave/Cereal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back