KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm totally impressed with the foam work you've done around the shoes, considering they're not exactly the normal shoes people use, it's quite elegant scratch work you done. Can't wait to see the whole leg put together with it.

Damn girl you have put my build to shame now. This is looking to be the best foam Spartan there is with ease (of course Roxy's is up there too). I have to have a go at the foamy technique for my reach armour cause it lends its self so perfectly.

Keep up the GREEAAAT work,
Tom.

Everything looks good so far.

For the soles what I did was I bought a sheet online and traced out the boot shape and attached it with epoxy (bought the strongest one).

Thanks everyone for stopping by and checking out the build :)

-----
@NayrDeathExperience, Lobokai, Macattack64, SkullBoy13, rainbow dash, nessorwar:
Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments :)

Was there a reason you went with heels instead of flats? Are you going for a taller look or do they add some strategic benefit to the armor? I'm just curious since I haven't seen it done before. They look great though, keep it up
:) I'm definitely going for the taller look! 5'3" just seemed way too short for a Spartan. The heels are also helping to keep the boot from getting too proportionately long. Right now, the foam sole is the same length as my regular sneaker size.

absolutely fantastic foam work! I tip my helmet to you, madam!
Thanks! Your foam build is looking pretty darn snazzy, too!

First I was all Meh....Wait, this IS liltyrany we're talking about

*scroll.

Wonder what thats goi--
WHOA!!!!

Do you have to humiliate us all with your AMAZING foam work... like could you possibly tone it up a couple notches that way I'll just die from epicness, instead of having to torture myself looking at suck beautiful sho-... I mean Work. XD SERIOUSLY good job!
Hahahaha, thank you Dh. You're too kind :)

Im sure spartans came in all varieties (including short). But the heels idea is something different which you have stamped as your own! Nice!. I really hope they are comfortable as if you plan on wearing em at a con all day they can be tiring. For my gears build I built around snowboard boots. They did a number on my feet.

Must say your attention to foam detail is uncanny and impeccable. Love it!!!!!!
:) Thank you! It probably would have been fine for me to just be short, but I knew I wouldn't be happy unless I was at least a little taller :p. And the shoes really are quite comfortable. I have a feeling the rest of the suit will become uncomfortable before the shoes do!

..... I have no words.....

One thing that's for sure is that I'm dying to see this thing in person when it's all done!
However... this would be a geographical challange :(

(sigh) figures.

Truly elite work Lil, as usual!

Dave/Cereal.
Thanks, Dave :)! I keep saying someone needs to invent a teleporter...but nobody seems to be taking up the task...:p. Maybe one day!

I'm totally impressed with the foam work you've done around the shoes, considering they're not exactly the normal shoes people use, it's quite elegant scratch work you done. Can't wait to see the whole leg put together with it.
Thanks, it was definitely a difficult task! I'm excited to get the leg together too...I'm hoping all of the proportions work out ok!

Damn girl you have put my build to shame now. This is looking to be the best foam Spartan there is with ease (of course Roxy's is up there too). I have to have a go at the foamy technique for my reach armour cause it lends its self so perfectly.

Keep up the GREEAAAT work,
Tom.
Thanks drack, but I still think your build is rockin'! I totally love both your and Roxy's builds. Very inspirational stuff! And of course, I highly recommend the little craft foamies :)

Those are some of the best and cleanest looking boots EVER!!! Magnificent as always girlie :D
Thank you mustang :)

Everything looks good so far.
For the soles what I did was I bought a sheet online and traced out the boot shape and attached it with epoxy (bought the strongest one).
Hmmm...I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip :)
-----

Weeeell, I have some family obligations coming up for a few days so...no update this weekend :(

So, til next time...keep building guys! :D

I showed my wife the picture of your boots and now she wants me to make her a pair. It's a small step but maybe just maybe I might be able to get her to start building armor, and hopefully she will stop calling me a dork for building armor.

I showed my wife the picture of your boots and now she wants me to make her a pair. It's a small step but maybe just maybe I might be able to get her to start building armor, and hopefully she will stop calling me a dork for building armor.

Seconded! Wanted the same for my wife to start doing this too

And with the front details:
Post_3_00.jpg

And as always, your comments are appreciated!

I am not a fan of high heels, but these babys are righteous! :) great job

So I noticed a pattern here, And I might of not read something here. But do you only update on sundays??

Good Golly Miss Molly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where the Heck have I been?!?!?!?! I've been focused on my son's build and I guess I've just missed this thread before in searches for things. Today I was looking for undersuit ideas and you nailed it. I'm definitely with Alix965 on the pic. LOL!!!!! This will definitely help me out and pointed me in the right direction. Thanks so much for posting everything you have. It will help tremendously.

I hope you don't mind, but I have a question related to your stitching.
I may have missed it earlier in your build, but in this pic
BlackModel_Prog_02--Zoom.jpg

Are the seams on the shoulder & elbow areas on the vinyl in particular . . . . are the lines just really small zig zags for effect or did you do something else and join separate pieces together?
Again, great Great GREAT work!!!!! Lovin' it!!!!

My goodness, I'm late to the party.

Fantastic work. I am especially inspired to make a new undersuit after seeing your work (I definitely need something that breathes better than what I have now)!

Certainly looking forward to seeing it all finished. :D

Just stumbled onto this thread via Google and had to register on this forum just to say, keep up the amazing work!!!! Definitely an awe inspiring build. Can't wait to see the completed suit.

--Subscribed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back