KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this thread and read it front to back. Incredible! I am amazed this isn't already in the elite section, the build quality is phenominal, everything is being done by hand, and there's incredible amounts of attention to detail. I can't wait to see this suit completed.

(Also going to show this thread to the wife and hopefully convince her to start a suit for herself to go along with mine.)

holy crap... i skip town for a few weeks and this is what happens?! you m'am have raised the bar for full suit builds full stop. as a straight guy i'll admit i went a bit girly when i saw the gorgeous boots too, they look incredible!! and the suit is coming together very nicely, just mind blowingly awesome. i still find it hard to believe that it's made from foam :O .

p.s. congrats on the move. couldn't find you in the noob section so i knew something good had to of happened :D well done!

Omgosh this is the best set of armor I have seen! Although it would be very hard and time consuming can you PLEASE make a tutorial on the under armor alone? I know its easier said then done, but I'm certain if you do one it would be the best under armor tutorial by far! Blowing away all of the pressure suits. Everyone would love it and use it in their builds. I'm just one person, but if you do make one (please) you would be kinda like a hero. I would love going to the midnight release for Halo 4 with a fancy set of under armor. I hope you consider this.

sincerely- Bulbxsaur :D

Hey guys...sorry for disappearing again! Work and life have been getting all kinds of crazy...but thanks for bearing with me...

-----
@ hyundai, R8b, Mstruvmgc, ODST Blue, Cinderblock, Deveralia, Kodiz, Spartan_127, TheRabbit, tankball:
Thank you all. Your comments make me smile :D

This is the first thread I subscribed to here and I'm more than Wow'd by your work. Could you set the bar any higher for new guys? LoL. You are an inspiration to do WAY better. Makes me want to become a seamstress......but without losing my man card kinda way.... :)

Okay, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this whole thread. I'm not sure how I missed it from the start but that is not the point. I can honestly say that so far you are creating the most complete and detailed Reach suits I have seen by any fan. There are so many good builds on the site and each has their own strengths, but your build is by far the most well rounded. I can't find any area to critique. (as a teacher that can be distressing lol) I really love that you have paid so much attention to every possible detail. Layering the armor and undersuit really makes it look like it is made of different armored panels linked together. It is a look that has been missing from other builds, especially my own. The udersuit is hands down the best I have EVER seen. Kudos for creating something that captures all those details and still remains movable.

I could go on singing your praises but I'll stop for now. You have made my day and helped re-motivate me to work on my own costume.

Can't wait to see more!
Thaaank you! Your comments totally made my day! Glad to be able to offer motivation :)

holy crap... i skip town for a few weeks and this is what happens?! you m'am have raised the bar for full suit builds full stop. as a straight guy i'll admit i went a bit girly when i saw the gorgeous boots too, they look incredible!! and the suit is coming together very nicely, just mind blowingly awesome. i still find it hard to believe that it's made from foam :O .
Hahaha, thanks. Awesome that you're diggin' the boots :)

Omgosh this is the best set of armor I have seen! Although it would be very hard and time consuming can you PLEASE make a tutorial on the under armor alone? I know its easier said then done, but I'm certain if you do one it would be the best under armor tutorial by far! Blowing away all of the pressure suits. Everyone would love it and use it in their builds. I'm just one person, but if you do make one (please) you would be kinda like a hero. I would love going to the midnight release for Halo 4 with a fancy set of under armor. I hope you consider this.
Thank you! I appreciate that you're liking the build so much. As for an under armor tutorial, lately I've barely been able to scrounge enough time to make any progress on just this build...so unfortunately I don't think it's really something I can make the time to do :(. To do a thorough one would probably require creating a whole extra undersuit, which is definitely a big time and resource undertaking. I love helping out as much as I can, but I gotta save some time to get regular life stuff done too! :p
-----

Oke doke...now the fun part...

Update Time!

I spent this weekend wrapping up the calves. I wasn't 100% in love with the in-game look of the calves, so I leaned a little more toward some action figure reference:

Post_Calves_00.jpg

They still need the ankle seals, but the foam part is pretty much wrapped up. Hooray! :)
-----
Until next time...keep buildin' guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if I have any words to describe just how amazing those shins look. When I saw the pic all I could manage was "wow".
Those look incredible.

I've been hanging out looking and learning from all of you for awhile now but I have to say this is the most amazing build I have seen so far. And by FAR the best undersuit I have seen. Could you get some close up photos of the stitching on the undersuit. Again this is AMAZING work. And I can't wait to see it fully complete.

As usual... great job Lil!
I for one agree with the deviation from the game view regarding the calves. They flow much better the way you have done them!
If I ever decide to build something from foam... there is certainly a list of questions that I would have to ask you about you're technique!

Cheers Lil!
Dave.

The armor is still amazing looking and the proportions are very nice too!

Once you have a little time, we'd be really grateful to learn a bit more about your mastery of foamies. I suppose it has to do something with making your own templates, but I still can't figure out how you get such perfectly accurate coverage of the underlying 10mm parts... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back