KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
JawDrop.png

When words are never enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

:D Thanks everyone for all of the comments! They are all truly appreciated!
-----
@ ACDCrockr, Brandon McClain, liquid6, SquishyShoes, RedJak, rickrtickr, nessorwar, Macattack64, shadowyeti032, Spartan_127:
Aaah, you guys are all too nice with your comments!!! Thank you. :)

I've been hanging out looking and learning from all of you for awhile now but I have to say this is the most amazing build I have seen so far. And by FAR the best undersuit I have seen. Could you get some close up photos of the stitching on the undersuit. Again this is AMAZING work. And I can't wait to see it fully complete.
:) Thank you! You are too kind. I think there are some close ups of the stitching on these pages of the build: 4, 5, 13

now to literally see what you have up yer sleeve..(robotic arm) i know you are going to wow us 8)
:) Hahaha thank you. Aaaalmost time to get started on that...but I've gotta wrap up the legs first :). I think the arm is going to be quite a challenge!

As usual... great job Lil!
I for one agree with the deviation from the game view regarding the calves. They flow much better the way you have done them!
If I ever decide to build something from foam... there is certainly a list of questions that I would have to ask you about you're technique!

Cheers Lil!
Dave.
Thanks Dave! At first I didn't want to deviate from the game...but they were bugging me so I just had to!

I think its safe to say you've gone pro! Welcome to the NFL;) i need to try your technique on my boots and lower legs!
Hahaha, thanks :). Can't wait to see how the rest of your suit turns out!

The armor is still amazing looking and the proportions are very nice too!

Once you have a little time, we'd be really grateful to learn a bit more about your mastery of foamies. I suppose it has to do something with making your own templates, but I still can't figure out how you get such perfectly accurate coverage of the underlying 10mm parts... ;)
Thanks! Aaaah, time is never on my side! Work is getting totally crazy, so hopefully it'll settle down soonish so I can get an extra minute for a tutorial.

-----
Weeell, deadlines at work means no progress for me during the weekdays...:( but I should be able to make some time this weekend. So, 'til next time...keep building guys! And thank you, thank you all for checking out the build!!! :)

*stands up and makes an O out of my arms* this is your standing ovation lol Great job :)

i was talking to my mum about your suit the other day. she didn't believe that chicks could be into halo too, so i showed her this thread and all the incredible detail and work you'd put into it. she said it's incredible and can't wait to see it finished either now. now not only are you blowing people away with this amazing build, you're also getting people who aren't even fans of halo to like things about the games :p ... i think she's going to start following this thread too!!!

Thanks guys :D! You are all too nice with your comments.

Stiilus: That is so awesome about your mum!!! Tell her I say thank you :D.

-----

Alrighty...the weekend is over...which means...

Update Time!!!

I finished up the right leg of the undersuit (to match the left leg from page 5) and put the knees together.

For the knees, I started off with my usual method of looking at reference, then sketching out a basic template:
Post_KneeSketch_00.jpg

Then into foam and pinned in place for a test fit on the undersuit:
Post_KneeCloseUp_00.jpg

Aaaaand all together now:
Post_Full_00-1.jpg

I still need to do the ankle seals and strapping, but for now the legs are wrapped up enough for me to move on...to...the aaaaaaarms!:eek Dun dun dun...

-----
So, 'til next time...keep building guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys :D! You are all too nice with your comments.

@Stiilus: That is so awesome about your mum!!! Tell her I say thank you :D.

-----

Alrighty...the weekend is over...which means...

Update Time!!!

I finished up the right leg of the undersuit (to match the left leg from page 5) and put the knees together.

For the knees, I started off with my usual method of looking at reference, then sketching out a basic template:
Post_KneeSketch_00.jpg

Then into foam and pinned in place for a test fit on the undersuit:
Post_KneeCloseUp_00.jpg

Aaaaand all together now:
Post_Full_00-1.jpg

I still need to do the ankle seals and strapping, but for now the legs are wrapped up enough for me to move on...to...the aaaaaaarms!:eek Dun dun dun...

-----
So, 'til next time...keep building guys :)

Wicked awesome girlie!!! you never cease to amaze with your fine skill :cool Keep up the good work, i always look forward to your updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your 'under armor' really takes your build to a higher tier, and brings out the your work beautifully. I can't wait to see this thing finished.

Your updates are so amazing, I can't wait to see what this is going to look like all finished. I'm going to be sad when it moves to elite, because I won't be able to comment on it anymore :(

Absolutely phenomenal work. This is becoming one of the best if not THE best suit I have seen by a fan so far. I think it is a combination of your stellar undersuit, the crisp foam work, and the fact that the whole thing is custom fit to your frame. There are no awkward gaps or off sized pieces. The custom fit just pulls all your work together into a fantastic suit.

Wow Liltyrant your Kat armor is coming out really sweet and it is probably one of the best scratch builds I have seen in a while!

amazing job! can't wait to see it all painted. how are you closing the chest piece? clips? buckles? velcro?

More people need to pay attention to the undersuit.
Making a nice armor set and throwing a jump suit on underneath it just seems counterproductive.

Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back