KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually keeping an eye on this thread since I saw her underarmor.
Really looks like an elite build. Can't wait to see it all finnished.
Definitely an Elite build, I guess it may have to be finished first in order to get it moved, she could screw up the paint job. :) I'm only kidding.....

This is absolutely wonderful! I'm going to go ahead and say I think it's the best build I've ever seen. It makes me want to start my own and give up before I even try all at the same time, because I know I could never get something to look that amazing. Can't wait to see it all finished!

This is absolutely wonderful! I'm going to go ahead and say I think it's the best build I've ever seen. It makes me want to start my own and give up before I even try all at the same time, because I know I could never get something to look that amazing. Can't wait to see it all finished!

She is very dedicated to her work and has a mind sight of what she wants and how to do it
separate skills come into play you have to realize that DEDICATION is a big part of whats come out of the work done here

NEVER doubt yourself

the second you tell yourself you cant or never can is the moment you've lost.
the product you see coming from LilTyrant is over half of her never telling herself she couldnt

some ppl say well i dont have alot of the tools necessary like manikins or guide boards tec. thing is
you make anything out of anything else as long as you put your mind to it, i made a 7ft black and chrome noble mural without a ruler or any means of length distribution.
i just thumb tacks and string....lo lhttp://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37460-Spray-Painted-Art yes string :D

BUT..as i was saying. never doubt yourself, if she can make great ELITE (yes im opting for 1887 section mods) then anyone can as long as the effort and dedication is added in to the fullest 110% like Tyrant has done

She is leading my example and has inspired so many of us here from the 405th.
this thread is one of those "watch and learn" deals, so just take what you can from it and add to your own self dedication

never give up

always nice to see how each piece is fitting with all the rest.. and for those who are fearing the time when this project comes to a close... i do recall her mentioning she was going to be doing a set for her BF as well...so i thnk we have much more to come ;)

looking great as usual lil... got us all holding our breath here to see more updates ;)

The whole project looks amazing.
It's really one of the best armors I've ever seen. And I think it keeps many members on working on their own project... (me too:D)
So I'll definetly follow this Thread.

Looking forward to see new progress pictures ;)

You > me. This is some seriously impressive stuff and I get excited every time I see updates in this thread. Absolutely jaw dropping work. I can't wait to see this 100% done!!!

Geez guys, you make me blush with all your nice comments. Thank you all for checking out the build and helping to keep me motivated on those updates :)

-----
Mods, please get this Gal in the Elite section already. I'm super cereal, mods. DO IT!!
Thanks ACDC, you're too kind! :D

Wicked awesome girlie!!! you never cease to amaze with your fine skill. Keep up the good work, i always look forward to your updates.
:D Thanks mustang, I appreciate you following the build for so long. I'll try not to disappoint!

Your 'under armor' really takes your build to a higher tier, and brings out the your work beautifully. I can't wait to see this thing finished.
:) Thank you Scrub. I can't wait to finish it, either!

Your updates are so amazing, I can't wait to see what this is going to look like all finished. I'm going to be sad when it moves to elite, because I won't be able to comment on it anymore
Thank you Rabbit. And don't worry...it's still got a waaays to go before it's finished!

Absolutely phenomenal work. This is becoming one of the best if not THE best suit I have seen by a fan so far. I think it is a combination of your stellar undersuit, the crisp foam work, and the fact that the whole thing is custom fit to your frame. There are no awkward gaps or off sized pieces. The custom fit just pulls all your work together into a fantastic suit.
:D Thank you, thank you! With each piece, I've tried to be sure to pay attention to scale...so using full body reference shots is a must! And before I even started the build, I did a rough sketch of the armor over my proportions to help figure out the basic scale of the torso pieces.

Wow Liltyrant your Kat armor is coming out really sweet and it is probably one of the best scratch builds I have seen in a while!
Thanks kid!

amazing job! can't wait to see it all painted. how are you closing the chest piece? clips? buckles? velcro?
Thank you, sir! The chest piece splits under the arms and is closed with small parachute clips. If you scroll down on page 11, there should be a picture that kind of shows what's going on. The arm seals (which were added after the pic) also split in the same area and close with velcro.

PAINT IT RIGHT NOW!
But for realz, do it! I cant wait to see how you will paint it!
Brad
Hahaha. Hold your horses there, cowboy. I'm planning on finishing all the armor pieces before I switch to paint mode, so you'll have to be patient! I've just got to see what it looks like as a full suit in white foam :p

Spectacular, your building is pure profit.
Espectacular, tu construccion es ganancia pura
Hahaha, I think google translate did something weird there...but thanks :)

More people need to pay attention to the undersuit.
Making a nice armor set and throwing a jump suit on underneath it just seems counterproductive.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks! Making the undersuit is half the fun :)

Omgosh! This is simply AMAZING. You've inspired me.
:D Glad I can offer motivation!

I totally agree with Pony! This work is AMAZING! So clean and so crisp!
Thank you Betts!

Tyrant,

Simply pure artistic brilliance!!

Tom.
Thanks, Tom. Your foam work is quite brilliant as well :D

Actually keeping an eye on this thread since I saw her underarmor.
Really looks like an elite build. Can't wait to see it all finnished.
Thank you rundown. I can't wait to get it finished!

Definitely an Elite build, I guess it may have to be finished first in order to get it moved, she could screw up the paint job. I'm only kidding.....
Thank you chief :). I better not screw up the paint job, lol! I have an art degree so I'll be quite embarrassed if I do...:p

Spectacular job, Tyrant.
Thank you Octorock!

Thank you Deveralia. And you should totally start your own build! Your Cortana is coming along really nicely, so I'm sure you can do it. Have confidence! :D

She is very dedicated to her work and has a mind sight of what she wants and how to do it
separate skills come into play you have to realize that DEDICATION is a big part of whats come out of the work done here
Thanks hyundai. And indeed...dedication is quite important to the process! I have dedicated many a weekend to this build!

Armor is looking amazing!
Very excited to see the future of this project!
Thanks AsthMattic!

always nice to see how each piece is fitting with all the rest.. and for those who are fearing the time when this project comes to a close... i do recall her mentioning she was going to be doing a set for her BF as well...so i thnk we have much more to come

looking great as usual lil... got us all holding our breath here to see more updates
Thank you Dhamone. I'll try to keep the updates coming. And indeed you have a good memory...I will be doing a set of armor for the boy :).

The whole project looks amazing.
It's really one of the best armors I've ever seen. And I think it keeps many members on working on their own project... (me too)
So I'll definetly follow this Thread.

Looking forward to see new progress pictures
Thanks so much. And I'm glad to help keep you building!

You > me. This is some seriously impressive stuff and I get excited every time I see updates in this thread. Absolutely jaw dropping work. I can't wait to see this 100% done!!!
Aw, thank you! Slowly but surely, it will be done!

-----

Work is still being work this week...so no time for building (boo)...but I've definitely had that mechanical arm on my mind. I'm dying to work on it, so hopefully I'll have another update this weekend.

So, 'til next time...keep building guys! :cool

OH MY GOD!!! Your build is outstanding, I'm really digging how the white looks. Kind of like arctic camo. With your skills i can't wait to see what you do with the robot arm. I've been following the build and i can't wait to see the finished armor. Are you going to build the helm out of foam or are you going to pep that part?

You never disappoint!!!!! Awesome work! I must learn your ways!!!!!!! :p LOL
Keep up the good work. I really want to see what you will do with the robotic arm piece.

Ermehgerd! How come it has taken me this long to find this thread? LilTyrant, truly amazing work!!! You have obviously inspired many of the 405th, myself included! Keep it UP!!!

LilTyrant when are you going to do a video showcasing your mad skills? I think that would be an awesome YouTube series for you to do. You could make one more complete set of armor, I'm pretty sure someone said you were talking about making your friend a set you could do it for that one. I'm pretty sure you would have quite a few of the 405th members subscribing to your YouTube channel and waiting anxiously for each and every new video to post. Again Amazing work and can't wait to see the finished product.

Lil, may I ask what you're using to cut the craft foam?

It's just that I've tried simple scissors and to my surprise they worked far better than the X-acto knife... Which is funny because it's the complete opposite of what I get with the 10mm EVA foam :) I guess it can also be used to make angled cuts, right?

Oh Snap!!! I go away for a little bit, then you come with one of you're greatest "Works of Art" yet.

I'm loving the Shins and lets not forget those Pumped up Kicks. :cool
You are in a class of you're own now.
"Epic Work of Art" almost fails to describes this build.

They should already be clearing a space for you in the Elite section.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back