KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read through 48 pages of pure genius! You have some mad talent here!

I will leave you like this
gil-head-explode-again-gif-214c397204.png

I haven't looked at this thread in quite some time but oh my god this is one of the best built costumes I've ever seen I just wish I could learn how to get to this level of awesomeness!

What can i say that hasn't been said...
so i will just stare and not say a damn thing lol
Great job as usual hon. I look forward to seeing what is to come
Thank you :)

Ok not only am I impressed about your build but Im impressed that you actually respond to every post LoL
Hehehehe, what can I say...I appreciate the comments :)

I have been viewing you build from time to time now and its getting more and more impressive. I'm really amazed by your skills, Hands down!!
Just dropped my jaw and lost it....

in my language: Ninduta ana oi! maka buang man na!!
Translation: That's so awesome!!! im going crazy about that!!!!
hehe.
Thank you, glad you're diggin' the build! :)

i have no words im so excited to start working on my version of Kat, i swear your thread is like a tv episode! your doing great keep it up!!
Hahaha, thanks girl!

I read through 48 pages of pure genius! You have some mad talent here!
:D Thanks!!!

I haven't looked at this thread in quite some time but oh my god this is one of the best built costumes I've ever seen I just wish I could learn how to get to this level of awesomeness!
Thank you so much! It takes a loooot of time!
-----

Ok guys...Sunday night...Update Time!!! :D

Sooo, this week was kind of a hodge podge of wrapping up the pieces for the robotic arm. I still need to finalize the attachment for the shoulder and hand plate, but I pretty much have the pieces together-ish...

I constructed one of the shoulders, based on my usual method of template sketching and foamies:
Post_Shoulder_00.jpg

I also did an attempt at a glove for the right hand (starting with a sketch, as usual). I don't really like how it turned out, so I may redo it later if I feel like torturing myself again, lol. Lesson learned: I have very small hands...which means a very small glove...with very small details...not a very good idea for a first stab at making a glove. Kind of drove me crazy! :p
Post_Hand_00.jpg

Aaaand, as promised...here's what it all looks like with the chest piece (and finished up forearm):
Post_Full_00-2.jpg

So, that's pretty much that for now. On to the left arm! :D

-----
And, as always...keep building guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! You are definitely going to be the best looking Kat out there, even "more so" than the girl on the home page!!!! I have been so excited with this build since your starting of it and you have never let any of us down :D

Absolutely phenomenal! :D I love how this is turning out, and I've got to agree with mustang. Best Kat out there.
I just worked a 14 hour shift and saw you posting around and so stuck around to see if there was going to be an update, and it was worth the wait. I wasn't going to work on my costume tonight, but after seeing this, I want to finish my Cortana so I can start working on my own armor that much sooner.

Siiiiick! I'm going to have to go back farther into the thread and see how you do your foam. Your pieces are breathtaking!!

You know I love it when "small" updates have so much epic goodness! The real test of an artist is what they do with the smallest bits that may not even be seen by others. In your case what you do continue the highest standard of craftsmanship and creativity. Keep up the fantastic work.

ok Lil, I'm going to have to ask you to stop being amazing, it may make others feel inadequate. Haha jk, the flow of awesome should definitely not be interrupted at any point in this project, it is ridiculously good.

Raising the bar just a bit higher with every post. Love it:D

Perfect job as usual, I was just thinking it would be cool to have your latest pic updates on page 1 also, if it's not too much trouble of course. Pretty please!! :)

Just skimmed throu this thred and I am totally amazed have been a lurker on this site for quite a while but only just got registration to work. This has got to be one of the best builds I have seen

^My expression the whole time i looked at this build :O^ This...This is amazing!!!!!! This build is unreal!!! Seriously! Wow! *Takes step back, looks again* Wow.. Words can't begin to explain how absolutely amazing this build is! You're amazing! Keep it up!!!

Dang tyrant, I hate not having your amazing talent with foam! hahaha

Epic Build, please don't ever, ever, ever give up. We need to see the end results!

Subscribed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back