KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys 'n' girls for all of the love :D :D

-----

This build is amazing. I really wish I knew how to sew and all that good stuff. You do some seriously fantastic work, and now your foam stuff is looking great too. I'm still watching this closely and can't wait to see it done.
Thanks! As I've said before, I highly encourage others to learn to sew! It's never too late :)

Wow the chest piece looks like its turning out nice and clean, Its going to look great once its all put together and painted, hope to see more soon
Thanks, Hyper! If you think it's clean, then I know I'm on a good track...you've got some seriously clean stuff out there :)

Great job on the torso. Nice clean lines, I like it!:D
Thank you, vshore! I hope I can continue the cleanliness throughout the rest of the build.

Looking really nice, ima have to look into using craft foam over the top of my armor, it really smoothes out the contours and makes it look more authentic :cool
Hurray for craft foam! It is my new best friend. Now it shall be your new best friend :D

Wow, this is some really nice foam work. It looks great, using different thicknesses of foam is a great idea. Much easier than using a dremel to try and sand down a flat layer for details. Keep at it!
:) Thank you...I learned the craft foam trick from RoxyRoo's build. Layering the foam definitely helps for the details. The dremmel is still nifty for getting more of an angle on some of the bevels, where required. I have a hard time cutting anything less than about a 30-35 degree bevel with the x-acto (especially on the 1/2" stuff).

woohoo an update :D
The foamwork looks super clean and reminds me of Roxyroo's! Using craft foam to get good seams seems like a really good method (cause it looks great)

Keep it up, I can't wait to see more
:D Thanks! I love RoxyRoo's build, so that's definitely a compliment :)

The build looks fanta-bulous!!!
Its very precise, clean and detailed out the ying yang!
Cheers,
Cereal.
Thanks Cereal! :p

that armour is coming along epic, so is the undersuit :) about to start foam working my armour and if i can try and finish the damn gravity hammer ;p
Thank you, sir! And you should totally get back on the gravity hammer...you have such a great start! :)

-----

As usual, progress is slow during the week due to work. But I am still workin' away little by little, so hopefully I'll have some worthy progress to show you guys soon.

Until then, happy building to you all! :)

This build is just amazing, with all the detail that's been put into it so far I can't wait to see the completed armor! I''m definitely going to use some of these techniques when I work on my N7 armor.

What kind of stitch are you using for the different materials specially at the joint seems, and have you ever sown spandex type materials? Great work once again.

been watching your construction video for pointers on using the foamies. that stuff is a LIFESAVER. Like I told some other builders, I am TOTALLY stealing your idea. but just for small detail areas. No one is as good as you getting those clean lines.

Thanks everyone for continuing to check in :)

-----
@ Chiefy, Snail3, jai, and Thorn:
Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words :)

@ Crimmson:
Thanks! If you go back and read through the thread, I predict you will find your answer in one of my previous posts... :p

@ Roxy:
Thanks, girl! I definitely learned a thing or two from following your awesome thread :D

@ Plasauce:
I definitely agree that RoxyRoo's videos/pointers are helpful!

-----

Ok boys and girls...it's the end of the weekend...which means....

UPDATE TIME! :)

I got the chest piece together to the point where it is now wearable. Yay! I still need to add the under armor seal bits around the arm holes and neck, along with the ab-plate and spine. But here's what I've got so far:

Post_Four_00.jpg

And what it looks like on me:
Post_Wearing_00.jpg

Based on what you all said about the size study, I tweaked the sizing a bit (especially in the back). I think (or at least I hope) it turned out more appropriately proportioned.

I also put in clips along the bottom so that I can get the chest piece on and off more easily:

Post_Buckles_00.jpg

The chest piece is shown on its side in this picture, with the left side clip closed and the right side clip open. I only needed to have an opening on the bottom, as my head slips through the neck hole very easily.

Again, I know it's not 100% accurate and there are some little symmetry issues here and there, but overall I like it :)

-----

Up Next: I will probably work on the arm/neck seals...so I may be back to my sewing machine :D

Are you gonna paint it or leave it like this? 'Cause, seriously, awesome as Kat's armor is, this looks amazing already!

Lookin good girlie, regardless of whether its game accurate or not it still looks top of the line and give it a personal flavor, A+ in my book :cool

Nice job, The torso looks really clean and it does look proportionaly correct, once you add the ab plate and cooling vent area on the back it will look pretty much spot on

The torso looks really great! Nice Idea with the clips. I'm sure it'll help quite a bit. Keep those updates coming!:D

Thanks for all of the comments everyone...they are much appreciated :) :)

-----

Are you gonna paint it or leave it like this? 'Cause, seriously, awesome as Kat's armor is, this looks amazing already!
Thanks! I am definitely planning on painting it. I think that's the part that I'm most looking forward to :p. Plus, I think it will help to seal it all together a bit.

Lookin good girlie, regardless of whether its game accurate or not it still looks top of the line and give it a personal flavor, A+ in my book :cool
Thanks, sir! Your build is coming along most excellent as well!

Nice job, The torso looks really clean and it does look proportionaly correct, once you add the ab plate and cooling vent area on the back it will look pretty much spot on
:) Thank you. I will probably work on those pieces once I get the arm/neck seals together.

Your attention to detail is sick!
Virtually seamless looking chest piece.
Keep it going, it looks fantastic!!!

Cheers,
Cereal
Thank you Cereal! You have quite the eye for detail, yourself! :)

That chest piece is amazing! the detail is practically perfect nice job
Thanks Chiefy!

It looks awesome. I love the clips also.

The torso looks really great! Nice Idea with the clips. I'm sure it'll help quite a bit. Keep those updates coming!:D

Thank you thorn and vshore :)! I don't think I would have been able to get into it if I didn't add the clips. I guess my rib cage is a bit proportionately small, because there is no way I could fit my shoulders through an opening that is small enough to fit my rib cage!

-----

I'll try to have another update for you guys this weekend! I'm feeling like a bit of a vegetable right now, so I probably won't have any progress until then.

Stay tuned and happy building to you all! :D

I'll try to have another update for you guys this weekend! I'm feeling like a bit of a vegetable right now, so I probably won't have any progress until then.

It is easter weekend so with Friday being a non-working holiday (in Canada at least), tomorrow should count as the weekend! Yay! Updates tomorrow! lol

On a more serious note, I know that works of art like your take time. No need to rush. I shall be waiting here no matter how long it takes to see more armour. Have a good weekend!

Everything is looking righteous on your undersuit and armor so far. Sorry i havent commented yet on this awesome job lol. Keep up the great work!

My goodness! This is really impressive! Props to you, and you're amazing skill! I really liked the thought of making the armor in two separate pieces and attaching them with parachute clips. I hope you don't mind if I borrow that concept for my first armor... Even though I'm a noob at this, I know that at least me will expect great costumes and props in the future! Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back