KAT ARMOR BUILD - with custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, a BIG thank you to the Admins for getting the site back up!

Aaaand, an update is coming (don't worry)...but let me address the mega back-log of responses first...

@ plasauce, ACDCrockr209, vargatom, cancerslug, Haven923, nessorwar, shadowyeti032, thorn696, Cam1yo, CrazedOne1988, Draxon, Frozensnot, carpathiavh99, Toja, Spartan_127, Sangheilioz, Dh748, Ninjetsu NL, DuffmasterFresh:
Thank you all so much for the comments and checking out the build! Now that the sites back to normal, I shouldn't take so long to respond!

WOW! You are definitely going to be the best looking Kat out there, even "more so" than the girl on the home page!!!! I have been so excited with this build since your starting of it and you have never let any of us down :D
Thank you mustang...but gaaah the pressure! :p

Absolutely phenomenal! :D I love how this is turning out, and I've got to agree with mustang. Best Kat out there.
I just worked a 14 hour shift and saw you posting around and so stuck around to see if there was going to be an update, and it was worth the wait. I wasn't going to work on my costume tonight, but after seeing this, I want to finish my Cortana so I can start working on my own armor that much sooner.
Aw, thank you :). And your Cortana costume came out great!

You know I love it when "small" updates have so much epic goodness! The real test of an artist is what they do with the smallest bits that may not even be seen by others. In your case what you do continue the highest standard of craftsmanship and creativity. Keep up the fantastic work.
:D :D :D

ok Lil, I'm going to have to ask you to stop being amazing, it may make others feel inadequate. Haha jk, the flow of awesome should definitely not be interrupted at any point in this project, it is ridiculously good.
Thank you Cinder :)!!

Perfect job as usual, I was just thinking it would be cool to have your latest pic updates on page 1 also, if it's not too much trouble of course. Pretty please!! :)
Will do with this next update :)

So I was looking really close at your work then my Wife walked in....She wanted to know what I was doing. I said I was checking out the best armour thread I'd ever seen and was taking mental notes of the detail and patters....She flat out called me a liar! She then notified me of the model wearing said suit.....I got the couch for 2 days for that minor oversight. That was the first time I got kicked out of bed for checking out someone's outfit. LoL!!!

Your doing great and I'm now on the hunt for a sowing machine. Now that I know my "man card" isn't going to be revoked ;)
Lol, so silly! Glad to hear you'll be diving into sewing!

Wow, it's been a while since I've seen this. THat robo-arm is redonk! This is beyond elite in my humble opinion. Beautiful work!

Tony
Thank you sir! You are far too kind!

This is absolutely beautiful! How do you make your foam armour look so neat and clean! And don't even get me started on that robot arm, that is a work of art. I think this deserves elite showcase. One of the BEST foam armours I have ever seen. I need to make foam armour NOW. I regret using the fibreglass method...
Thank you :). I try to just take it slow, use fresh blades, and cover mishaps with craft foam!

I wonder this as well. Best theory I can come up with is that since she is using craft foam instead of eva foam she can make more detailed and fine cuts....? Craft foam is much less dense and hard than EVA foam so maybe this enables her to make such great work. But yeah, absolutely amazing... kinda wish I knew how to use a sewing machine to make an undersuit as well. GREAT WORK!
Thanks! Craft foam is EVA foam :). But you are correct that it allows for finer cuts, mainly because the thickness of material is so minimal. The thicker the material, the harder it is to cut! I definitely have more trouble with the 1/2" floor mats!

-----

Hold your horses guys, the update is coming! :p

@ thorn, ACDC, Anna, rainbow dash, mustang, and Spartan_127:

Glad you guys are so excited for an update! I hope it doesn't disappoint :/. Unfortunately, the whole malware incident coincided with a hectic crazy amount of projects and extra hours at work...so I didn't get as much done as I had hoped...buuuuut I did make some progress for sure!

First off, I got my other shoulder put together. Not too exciting, but it had to be done:
Post_Shoulders_00.jpg

Then I went to work on some template pieces for the left arm:
Post_Templates_00.jpg

Templates translated to left bicep and forearm. Hooray!
Post_Biceps_00.jpg

Aaaaand all together now! The right shoulder was being a pain since it's not permanently attached, so I just left it off for now...I also didn't feel like messing with the hands...
Post_Turns_00.jpg

I also got some ankle seals put together (you can kind of see them in the full shots) but I'll post more on them next update. In the meantime, I'll be starting to tackle this...
Post_Helmet_00.jpg

I got my visor and made a quick cardboard size study of my head to help out with scaling. Dun dun dun...

-----
Hopefully more progress can be made this weekend! But until then, keep buildin' guys and it's so good to be back!!! :D

***I will also be updating the first post with a single shot of the basic up-to-date progress, but all the extra image goodies will continue to be posted in my normal updates! :)

As ALWAYS. . . . You do not disappoint. Great looking bicep and forearm. I love the level of detail that you achieve with the foam. This is truly a masterpiece worthy of the elites. I cannot wait to see what you do with the helmet and paint should you not let it stay as an Arctic Spartan. GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Words alone can't describe the awesomeness of your update, girl!

You're so close to the finishing your armor!

This is really mind-bogglingly *that a word?* beautiful! :D Keep up the good work and I am anxious to see the progress on your helmet!

Great to see it all coming together, certainly one of the best suits I've ever seen. In fact, the topic of your totally awesome build came up this past weekend at comikaze :p

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmn, a truly epic build, you should be working for blue realm studios or as a big shot movie wardrobe designer raking in the dough!

My ... that is... Sexy. I'm impressed! I'm trying to use Halogoddess' female armor pep, and since you're trying to make a good "underarmor", would you suggest that I look into something of the sort for her?

Holy Moses this is CRAAZZZZYYYYY!!! You have got to stop putting the whole armor on every time to take a pic. Each time you add a piece it gets more and more insane and I don't know if I can take much more! No joke, this is the best foam build out there right now I believe. It's flat out epic! :D

Fantastic work! I've showed this thread to some of my friends and they're really impressed by the quality. I only wish I had the knowhow/skill to do such fantastic work and attention to detail.

BAM!!!! and that's how you do that. :D

As this "EPIC WORK OF ART" nears it's finish. The rest of unbelievers will just have to get down on there knees...Pick up their jaws... And admit that you now have the Top Build this year. No one is even close to doing a foam build of this caliber, Nerveless any other type build. :cool

It's all you LilTyrant, Now dazzle us with you're next piece of Art. Not that I'm rushing you ;) it's that I just can't wait to show everyone how it's supposed to look. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
What could I ever say more than what Thorn just said xD ... Well miss :) If I had to say something ... it would deffinatly be that your build, and I know it's every one dream somehow ... look even more close to a real spartan 3 mjolnir armor, thant what weta's achieved with 8000 % more technology and ressources you've ever had troughout this entire project xD.... And that also mean that your craftmanship overpass what a crew a specialized craftman can do all together xD How about that ;) .. ( but it's all acording to me :) ) any way... consuming myself just by thinking of the upcomming helmet !!! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back