Stuff to do in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupokitty

My ship pulled in to Singapore quite recently, and my friend and I have no idea what we should do tomorrow. We've finally figured out how to use the little green tickets for the trains, and have a general idea of how to get around now. Anyone got any suggestions as to what we should do and eat?

My ship pulled in to Singapore quite recently, and my friend and I have no idea what we should do tomorrow. We've finally figured out how to use the little green tickets for the trains, and have a general idea of how to get around now. Anyone got any suggestions as to what we should do and eat?

I was in Singapore 6 years ago and I love it. Compare to NYC, Singapore is much more different in a good way. Go to the citi center of Singapore and look for the shopping malls. All of the shopping malls are connected in one way or another. Because Singapore is a warm climate, they build underground pedestrian way to get away from the heat. These walkways connect the malls.

Another place you definitely need to visit is the Chinatown at night. The food stalls are amazing and the Chinese New Year festivities should be going on now until end of next week.

There are MORE malls? Oh god.

Are there any good hobby shops in any of them?

I was working at that time and I stayed at the Raffles, at the company's expense. I did remember seeing some hobby shops. I was born in Malaysia and growing up I was an avid scale modeler until the hobby became too expensive. Scale model is a big thing in Asia. Malaysia and Singapore hold Scale Modelling contest every year. So I imagine that it should be easy to look for hobby shops. If you are around the Raffles, make sure you stop by the Marina bay. Here is the map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com...CA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CDgQ_BI

I was working at that time and I stayed at the Raffles, at the company's expense. I did remember seeing some hobby shops. I was born in Malaysia and growing up I was an avid scale modeler until the hobby became too expensive. Scale model is a big thing in Asia. Malaysia and Singapore hold Scale Modelling contest every year. So I imagine that it should be easy to look for hobby shops. If you are around the Raffles, make sure you stop by the Marina bay. Here is the map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com...CA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CDgQ_BI
Dude, you are awesome. If this computer manages to load Google Maps, we are definitely heading there. Even if it doesn't, we'll probably head toward that direction anyway. We only made it to the Atrium Mall before we ran out of time today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back