DragonCon 2012 - Let's get the ball rolling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i can push really hard i may be able to pull out my suit by the end of this month..but ill be up all night everyday this week to get pepping done.
maybe itll be a goal???

ive been at a pace but my deadline was for halloween i didnt realize dragoncon would be at the end of august...

ill push really hard if at all, i may just not have the undersuit by then, my undersuits been a last priority for me
i can pep out my shins and forearms tonight
im just on call 24/7 so i can only glass and paint in the days.

i will def let you guys know.

who all is for SURE going???

I'm for sure going. Starting painting tomorrow, and still waiting on my undersuit as well. I'm still looking for a room for me and my best friend, so if anyone has any leads, that would be great. We're going for all 4 days. I'll have a costume, she won't.

I'm for sure going. Starting painting tomorrow, and still waiting on my undersuit as well. I'm still looking for a room for me and my best friend, so if anyone has any leads, that would be great. We're going for all 4 days. I'll have a costume, she won't.

start calling the marriott now, speacially on the 14th at 8am or 5mins before est time. there might be some cancel rooms

my uncle lives right outside of atlanta on the outskirts.
does anyone know what the transportation situation will be like??
anyone carpooling???
i could help with gas i find the exact location of where they are but its a right outside the city

and as for getting to GA im guessing no ones driving from out of texas huh?? lol

the family will be there again this year.. so that's 4 more

Awesome! Is your daughter going to do the Grunt again this year? That costume was fantastic, and lead to some of my favorite pictures at the 405th shoot.

Awesome! Is your daughter going to do the Grunt again this year? That costume was fantastic, and lead to some of my favorite pictures at the 405th shoot.

yup.. i am going to redo the undersuit to get a better result. (i hope)

will Caboose be attending again?

Bout to purchase my Dcon membership for this year anyone have any plans for getting around..??

Last year, we were luck to find a guy at the Marriott that we could stay with. just walked everywhere (and got lost quite a bit...)

hmmm..well thankfully my uncle lives right outside atlanta, ill probly be stayin with him.
just didnt know if anyone wasfrom in state that would be ridin around.

D-Con Attendance:

i WILL be going to dcon, and have my suit finished.
be staying 15-20 mins outside of atlanta flying in friday.
if anyone wants to party up to the event get my contact info.
we GOTTA do a 405th dinner :D

a few of us usally do do a dinner. atten the parade and the photoshoot and we can figure where and when to have the dinner

a few of us usally do do a dinner. atten the parade and the photoshoot and we can figure where and when to have the dinner

sweet.
ive been busting ass all night ive got both my shins done.
all i need for basics is my arms and thigh pieces :D so excited its my FIRST con ever. never done anything like it

sweet.
ive been busting ass all night ive got both my shins done.
all i need for basics is my arms and thigh pieces :D so excited its my FIRST con ever. never done anything like it

well this con will be your addiction from now on, no other con that i been compares to it.......i havent been to comic con yet

i saw on the 343 panel video that some of the guys from 405th showed up.
im excited to get there ill be there all weekend. hopefully i get in town early enough to get to registration

OH

since its my first con im pretty sure it might be a hassle getting my suit through the airport..im thinking about just sending it to my uncle who im staying with in atlanta.
does everyone just fly with theirs or what..??

i saw on the 343 panel video that some of the guys from 405th showed up.
im excited to get there ill be there all weekend. hopefully i get in town early enough to get to registration

OH

since its my first con im pretty sure it might be a hassle getting my suit through the airport..im thinking about just sending it to my uncle who im staying with in atlanta.
does everyone just fly with theirs or what..??

I usually drive to Dragon*Con, however, I did just recently fly with my armor to RTX. The helmet was in my carry on, and everything else I packed into a Rubbermaid/Sterilite tube that was under the 62 inch Height x Depth X Width restrictions.
tumblr_m6phf80KJ21rtpviso1_1280.jpg

I usually drive to Dragon*Con, however, I did just recently fly with my armor to RTX. The helmet was in my carry on, and everything else I packed into a Rubbermaid/Sterilite tube that was under the 62 inch Height x Depth X Width restrictions.
tumblr_m6phf80KJ21rtpviso1_1280.jpg

Oh my god Cadet! I would have LOVED to see the TSA officer(s) who came upon your crate... :D

I will be there on Saturday this year and I plan on marching.

Uhhh... Just so you know, the parade takes place Friday morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back