DragonCon 2012 - Let's get the ball rolling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence why it is on Labor day weekend. :)

WOOO!!! Con newbies are the best! You are gonna. Have. A. BLAST!!! :)

Unfortunately... My University has class regardless that it's labor day weekend. It's a pain, since every other school out there gets a day off feels like. ><
Not gonna lie, your comment has me even more excited than I already was. Thanks! :D

Unfortunately... My University has class regardless that it's labor day weekend. It's a pain, since every other school out there gets a day off feels like. ><
Not gonna lie, your comment has me even more excited than I already was. Thanks! :D

Last year was my first. And only went for 2 days. Going full trip this time. (If I can find a room... If not, I have no probs sleeping in the car... or just not sleeping...)

I'll be going to DragonCon but won't have my armor done by then, gonna be tight on time just getting my other 2 costumes finished, but it would be awesome to meet up with those going and see their work in person.

Well I'm flying in Friday morning! I didn't want to miss more than 2 days of school, so my plan lands at 9 AM Friday and I fly out Monday afternoon. It's my first con ever, so I'm really excited about it. Registration is open Thursday 10AM-10PM and reopens on Friday at 8AM.
36 days!

sweeeeeeeetttttttt yah its my first con too..so dope..so excited

Last year was my first. And only went for 2 days. Going full trip this time. (If I can find a room... If not, I have no probs sleeping in the car... or just not sleeping...)
I got lucky... My friends that talked me into going are letting me crash their room free of charge. And because they are on top of things, we're staying in a host hotel. So I definitely had some stroke of luck. I probably wouldn't be going if I they hadn't let me stay with them.

at least its a 24 hour con, so you got something to do

14 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy cow i feel like im out of time on all this
im in serious debate now on whether to ship it..which would have a significant $ value..
or having it go through the airport where..honestly i dont feel like someone unclipping my stuff and going through it all..especially with there being wires and straps all through the show thing..what to do WHAT TO DO??!!!???!!!! im stressing out so bad over this

Don't stress out! Just think, 14 days! :) If it was me, I would honestly probably take it through the airport. I would be worried about the risk to, but lots of people have had good tips on how to pack it and make it so people are less discouraged to go through it all. Plus, if you fly with it it will give you a few more days to work on it.
I'm sure I'll be worried about the exact same thing next year when I'm trying to get my armor there.

So who all is going to DragonCon for sure, I'll be there, just curious as to who all I may run into...........Look for me, I will be wearing my imposter Chief suit lol

Well I got a 2 bed hotel room at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel thinking my friend and I would be able to go but he got fired, and then 2 other people ended up going through the whole saying they'd be able to go but end up bailing on me. So I will be going but I wont have any friends so I was hoping if you all would be my friends their? And also I have an extra bed open in my room, like i mentioned I got a 2 bed room at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel from friday-monday if anyone doesn't have a room to crash I'd be more then willing to help you out free of charge. If your in that predicament add me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/Meatwad.Rules. I also have an extra ticket for the aquarim thing on saturday night. I've already paid for all this stuff so you wouldn't have to pay for it, I just want to not be a random creeper all by myself at dcon ha..

Well I got a 2 bed hotel room at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel thinking my friend and I would be able to go but he got fired, and then 2 other people ended up going through the whole saying they'd be able to go but end up bailing on me. So I will be going but I wont have any friends so I was hoping if you all would be my friends their? And also I have an extra bed open in my room, like i mentioned I got a 2 bed room at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel from friday-monday if anyone doesn't have a room to crash I'd be more then willing to help you out free of charge. If your in that predicament add me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/Meatwad.Rules. I also have an extra ticket for the aquarim thing on saturday night. I've already paid for all this stuff so you wouldn't have to pay for it, I just want to not be a random creeper all by myself at dcon ha..

Just look for anyone wearing Halo armor and tag along lol

I'll be there for sure as the little red and white chief. Had no time to make other suits this year or weapons Dx Walmart has this pretty cool FX lightsaber though...for $30...hmm...Dual pistols again or wana-be energy sword...

I'll be there for sure as the little red and white chief. Had no time to make other suits this year or weapons Dx Walmart has this pretty cool FX lightsaber though...for $30...hmm...Dual pistols again or wana-be energy sword...

lol too bad your chief isnt black with red undertones :p
you could just wear a black robe and take the lightsaber...JEDI SPARTANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the new line or cloned warriors bahahahahhaha///

Dcon Weather Report:

sorryz for the double post just thought i'd pop this in..

what the eff mate..
405thweather.jpg

did this happen last year..???
first con ever, first suit ever, and my 3rd trip out of state..and rain :(
boo...
hopefully it just comes and goes, whats the plan for friday..???
there some rally point for the 405th through this..??
its my first con so i dunno what my plan is.. >.<

I am seriously depressed to see this now :( At least my suit is impervious to water damage (I know because I've washed it). And, I'm in a host hotel but this makes me sad all the same. But I won't let it rain on my parade! hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back