DragonCon 2012 - Let's get the ball rolling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be going to dragon con I am still trying to figure out who to troop with for the parade this year since I will be with the Mercs this year aswell.

ok im sorry if im being redundant but where is it this year and when cuz i am making plans to attend this year and if it has an entry fee How much?

ok im sorry if im being redundant but where is it this year and when cuz i am making plans to attend this year and if it has an entry fee How much?

Its in Atlanta, GA and the membership at the moment costs $90 dollars. I just ordered mines the other day. Its best to get it ASAP because it gets more expensive as the time to the con gets closer. After 5/15/12 it will go up to $105 dollars, then past 7/13/12 it will go up to $120. Is it just me or is it getting more expensive every year...

I went last year and actually saw a bunch of members. (I was there as a civilian though, and only for a day and a half so didnt actually get to meet anyone. :( )

Going again this year with my best friend (not a 405th member) and planing on staying the full time, just need to find a place to stay. I WILL be in costume (custom MK VB) and planning on marching as well! :)

I'm scrambling for a room this year. If anyone decides they can't make and has a room in a host hotel, please email me.

I'm trying to put this trip together.
Tell me more about this thing u all call dragoncon....
My wife & I may drive up for the weekend. Do you guys from the 405th all hang-out together?

First found out about Dragon Con when I was in Atl the same time it was going down last year and I saw a Trekkie at Barnes and NObel. I was always interested in PaX and Comic Con but I had never heard of Dragon Con. I'm currently stationed in Ft. Benning Ga about hour and half away from Atl so there is no excuse for not coming this year.

Can you tell me some crazy stories from DragonCon last year? Maybe hint towards what I should be expecting (of course I'm buying the weekend pass)

Wow, this sucks. I'm actually in Atlanta on vacation right now.. Half my family lives down here and we come just about every year, so maybe I can get our trip pushed back to late august next year and be able to attend. Enjoy it guys, I'm sure you'll all have a great time!

I would love to attend, but getting out to Atlanta... may be difficult!
flying would be out of the question, would pay as much for a seat as you would in extra luggage fees. Driving, from Toronto, Ontario... would be 18+ hrs I believe. Although... It would be mighty fine to meet up with all of you! :)

Call me a slim maybe... :(

im going this year YAY!! we useally get a few guys from here to meet up for a dinner one night and after the parade we have a place to go for pictures

I said earlier on that I am going... and I still am. I was just wondering if there were any way someone could come and, I don't know, hold an energy sword against my neck and make sure I stay on track and actually get my suit FINISHED? It just dawned on me how much time I still have left. lol.

Whether or not I get my first build done I will be attending one way or another... I and a bunch of my friends are planning on attending. This year will actually be my first since the past couple of years I was unable to due to being out of town at the time.

Unfortunately, I won't be making it this year. I'm trying to save up for some necessary and expensive trips for work that I may or may not get grants for... I bought a 2012 membership at last year's con, though, so if anyone still needs one and wants to transfer for cheaper than the current price, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back