DragonCon 2012 - Let's get the ball rolling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyokenseisou

I know this is CRAZY early..... but I'm asian and I like to plan well in advance... :p That and I'm curious as to who's going.

Now from my understanding, a ton of 405th members usually go to DragonCon. I would love to meet more of you guys in person. I already met a lot of other 405th's at PAX, and PAX/Halofest was amazing!! I had a great time. It would be cool to meet and suit up with even MORE than a dozen 405th.

If anyone is also interested, I would be willing to organize a group hotel/we all stay in one area type dealio, like what Longshot did for PAX - that way there will be much shenanigans happening in once place! :p
As well as meetup/hang outs, photoshoot times, etc.

So if you're going and interested in hotels, meet ups/hang outs, photoshoots, etc, post that too! As well as any suggestions and such you might have.

Let's try and make this this biggest 405th gathering/event ever!

--------------------------
So, who's going?
(*maybe - depends on monies, time off, etc)
-*Hyokenseisou
-*ROK Gmoney
-*L3X BLU3RIV3R
-*Blackula
-*Hyper
-DistortedInc
-TJX64
-*penutbuttrbandt-MikyVengeance
-Goosebot
-WSYDGladKumar

---------------------------
Hotel:
-*Hyokenseisou
-*ROK Gmoney
-*TJX64

Hyper and I are trying to arange for this. Hyper doesn't go, I still may go. I just need to stop being slow and have something to wear.

I'm defintly going to be there this year, kicked myself abit for not going last year. Put me down as interested in the Hotel "dealio" as well.

I may go next year because I'm still working on my new suit. Plus, it's going to be a hastle to get all that armour across the border lol

I may go next year because I'm still working on my new suit. Plus, it's going to be a hastle to get all that armour across the border lol
Getting armor across the boarder isn't as hard as you think. Just be prepared to pay a lot for over-sized luggage if you're flying.

What if you're flying and you plan to wear it? I would love to do this in an airport! XD

This most likely would lead to a full frontal beat down about the head and neck area from the TSA and/or accompanied by full body cavity check. I'd rather pay the shipping...lol

Hey guys,
I am planning on being there, if my suit is ready or not.

I know the main hotels have been booked solid since last 'con finished so i would imagine rooms in one of the nearby "overflow hotels" could be had.

(Ha! first post and i didn't even realize it, since i've been lurking here for the last 4 months)

Was just wondering if there was a D*C 2012 thread yet. I'll be there in Caboose (Hotel booked and badge bought months ago), ready to stand facing the wrong direction for all group pictures again.

If I wanted to go, I'd have to fly since I live in Canada lol I'd have to see how much it would cost for all of that.

Do we want to be in the parade again? Anybody taken point on that yet?

im trying to get a room first before i get my ticket. my group will be going once we find a room

You know I'll be there, its not even a question. My attendance to Dragoncon is mandatory. I'll be per-registering for it in a week or so. I'm not planning on making another halo suit at least not out of fiberglass/bondo. (Not the most comfortable thing!) Might try a Halo 4 helmet though! I'll most likely bring my red and white Mark 6 again. Hardcore convention hours tested I can wear it all day without worrying about things breaking at this point :D Not sure if I'm doing hotels. Me and my brother usually never do, we live in atlanta lol so we just drive there in the morning spend all day/night and then drive home usually around 3am xD Usually means im trapped in costume for long hours hence the hardcore hours my suit has in just 2 years.

Well me and several of my friends are going to be there since I have a house in Atlanta. But we also got a couple rooms in the Sheridan to change, recover from hangovers, etc.

I'd like to see some 405th members there, but if it's anything like last year there will have to be some serious logistics. I was there three days before I ran into a Spartan in the crowd.

I don't think I am going to do anything Halo related however. I'm going to let me friend use the ODST if he wants. We have a big group doing Mass Effect so I'm preparing for that. I'll also be showing up as Gordon Freeman at some point to make my girlfriend happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back