PAX Prime 2012 Who is going this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can count me in early Friday morning !! Just let me know when and where and are you going to be in your armor Friday morning ?? Can't wait !!

great I think the best place to meet would be the main entrance to the convention center across the street from the cheese cake factory. I am looking to be there at 6 am, the line get's full fast so 530 to 630 is a good time to show up. If that time works for everyone let me know so we can adjust if need be.

great I think the best place to meet would be the main entrance to the convention center across the street from the cheese cake factory. I am looking to be there at 6 am, the line get's full fast so 530 to 630 is a good time to show up. If that time works for everyone let me know so we can adjust if need be.

I can do that assuming the Bainbridge 4:45 ferry doesn't break down. PAX doesn't open till 10am? Hopefully the Swag will be worth a few hours of waiting lol anyways here's my number making the day of easier to communicate 360-271-8880 text is best and anyone else from the 405th . Won't be putting armor on Friday no way I'm sitting in it for hours.

I can do that assuming the Bainbridge 4:45 ferry doesn't break down. PAX doesn't open till 10am? Hopefully the Swag will be worth a few hours of waiting lol anyways here's my number making the day of easier to communicate 360-271-8880 text is best and anyone else from the 405th . Won't be putting armor on Friday no way I'm sitting in it for hours.

Last year I waited in line for the halo fest at 5am then got in looked around for a bit and then went across the street to get my swag bag and they were all out i'm not missing it this year. The red vs blue booth has some exclusive stuff I want to buy before they run out is also another reason why im going early. I will be in my armor out in front of the convention center to see if anyone else read this thread and decided to join if not look for the recon spartan in grey that's me. here is my number if you want to change it up or let me know if you are going. Not that much activity in this thread like last year but i'll work with what I got. 253-327-3444 txt me or call if you are in trouble and need some help.

Here's my short (very short, I hope) report on PAX Prime 2012:

I know that there were many concerns if there was going to be a HaloFest this year. Unfortunately 343i is way too busy trying to put the final touches on the game before it comes out. They simply could not do it.

In no particular order...

I along with a Laird, had secretly made arrangements with BSangel to deliver some donuts to 343i with yours truly dressed up in armor, to help kick start the excitement of PAX and Halo 4. I believe that there are some pics of this posted, I just have not seen or found them yet. Needless to say, it was a lot of fun and everyone enjoyed this.

At Pax, I walked around in full armor for most of the day and attended a few panels. Met with a few awesome folks from Rooster Teeth at the Elephant Restaurant below the Red Lion Hotel. Hung around the Microsoft booth and met with BSangel, Allison, Frank, David and many others to list.

Got a cool cameo spot behind Frank as I was asked to stand behind him and look "bad ass" as Frank was being interview during PAX. That was really cool!

Had a zillion photos taken by all the PAX goers and even got the opportunity to meet all the guys/gals from "The fallen" and the "405th Pacific Halo Costuming Group" and troop around with them.

The real highlight of the whole experience was at the Microsoft VIP party. I'll touch on how what we need to do to ensure that all (in costume) 405th attending members get the invite for next time. There is a photo of a little mini spartan (captioned "Haters gonna hate" that has been circulating around on the interwebs. I met him and his dad (the crafter) at the VIP party and had this photo taken:

https://twitter.com/djzealot/status/241757930268028928

large
There is so much more that I would like to add, but I'm still unwinding and digesting the whole experience.

I'd like to say a big thank you to 343i, Microsoft, Frank, David, Jessica, Allison, Laird, Dani, Roger, Lawacr, Ashley, Raphael, Keith (from Stony Props), Chris and Mary, The enforcers, WSCS, PAX, The Fallen, my room mates, the security officer at 343i, and many many MANY others that I'm trying to remember. I wish that I could have stayed longer and hang out at more of the after parties. (All good things must come to an end.) :(

As for next year, if and when MS does do another VIP thing, I have been informed by Allison, that we need to get a "List" of the email addresses AND names (first and last) from all the attending 405th (in costume) members. I can't go into more detail about "if and when or how" but next time we will need to put that list into the next Pax Prime 2013 thread. (I think perhaps, I'll start it and moderate it) I'll make sure that Allison gets the info that she needs should this happen again. Big hint: Make sure you have the ability to check your emails while your staying in Seattle.

"405th people are my favorite and I want all of them to attend!" -- Allison

Hope to see everyone next year, if not, then SOONER! :D

Cheers!
large

Aww, a microsoft VIP party and you got to go to 343i?! I'm jelly but there is always next year. This was my highlight:
308305_10151195994511488_838712647_n.jpg

PAX was awesome! Unfortunately my armor wasnt finished before the event, but I had my assault rifle with me, which was met with positive review! I even made an appearance in Astro Gamings youtube video!

I brought it to the VIP party, but had to check it at the door... (longshot and an ODST-who-I-dont-know had to check their weapons as well)

I also gave bsangel one of my pistols

A2AUySbCEAAfgTk.jpg

But next year I will have full armor, guaranteed.

(BTW, LongShots armor is so BA in person! I loved the addition of the lights and speakers!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Long time no see! I ended up going to PAX this year, but wasn't in a Spartan Costume. My favorite game (League of Legends) was taking up the entirety of the sixth floor, so I spent most of my time up there posing with other gamers. Got a couple of great pictures with some Spartans and ODST's, and didn't notice until afterward that one of them was with Longshot-X! I was like "Hey! I know that guy on the internet!" Great moment.

So thanks for going, and thanks for taking the time to pose with me. Everyone looked fabulous!

Don't know who you were, but would love to: http://imgur.com/iKnXY

Longshot-X: http://imgur.com/zTEHL

As for next year, if and when MS does do another VIP thing, I have been informed by Allison, that we need to get a "List" of the email addresses AND names (first and last) from all the attending 405th (in costume) members. I can't go into more detail about "if and when or how" but next time we will need to put that list into the next Pax Prime 2013 thread. (I think perhaps, I'll start it and moderate it) I'll make sure that Allison gets the info that she needs should this happen again. Big hint: Make sure you have the ability to check your emails while your staying in Seattle.

"405th people are my favorite and I want all of them to attend!" -- Allison

Hope to see everyone next year, if not, then SOONER! :D

Cheers!
large

Hah, yes. I need to get more active on these forums again.

Right now, most of the Pacific region's organization is through FB, but I'll work on setting up a website for non-FB users as well as making sure we are in touch with people here for all future events. :)

If you aren't on our FB group, I highly recommend you track us! It's the best way to keep in touch until I find the time to set up a proper site.

http://www.facebook.com/405thpacific

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back