Mass Effect 2 EVA Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep red would be quite awesome if time allows it. Would also make a cool reference to the elite gear from ME1 (the one you get in the end) that also has that deep red colour. As for the smooth edges. I found that an exacto knife works best (better then a hotknife, wish I never bought that damn thing), if you cut it like foamboard, in like 4 or 5 stroke you get very clean edges. Also I cut the parts with the patterned side facing the floor. Sure does take a wee bit longer to cut a piece. But it saves quite some time with the dremel. Also if you run a long the edges with your heatgun really quick, the foam contracts slightly giving a more finished look.

As for the bit, from the pink bits, it's forth from the left, the cilinder.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PFapg3_vi...MzZI/s1600/309470C_X_2009-07-01_101429_88.jpg

Edit: Also I did a paint test on the bicep part, that was not the right size. What ever you do, don't use spray cans, that stuff makes a mess and doesn't grip well. Go for acrylic paint & brush for a better effect. But it takes crazy amount of time to dry. So I'm going to look into alternatives. Vinyl foil seems plausible, from what I see and read it is just as easy to heat and mould as the EVA foam itself. It will gave a more sharp look then the acrylic paint.

Hows the progress? I just got my shoulderpauldrons and inner shoulderpads done. Was wondering how you were doing on yer build. :)

I bought the drill bit, and have started sanding down, but I haven't had much time the past few weeks due to work and school, ESPECIALLY due to exams and papers due in my classes. Unfortunately it wont be done in time for the midnight release, but I WILL have it done in time for comic con at least

this is looking really good! And you are going to comic con? I'm jealous!
I have to ask, how are you getting such clean edges on your foam? I can't even tell that cuts were made :$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back