Reach Reach Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... The colors man... The colors...
Making some good progress, work looks nice and clean. Is there any specific reason you are using the colored card stock? It looks like its grouped, or is that a coincidence?

Wow... The colors man... The colors...
Making some good progress, work looks nice and clean. Is there any specific reason you are using the colored card stock? It looks like its grouped, or is that a coincidence?

hahaha it's because all the local Walmarts were sold out out of the regular white card stock so I was forced to use the coloured stuff. Once I found some, I went straight to that. The grouping is a total coincidence :p Cool to see that you're from Brampton, I go to school there :p

UPDATE
So I finally finished my other thigh in the larger size, man was it ever a pain to do this file 3 times. Almost done! Next are the Grenadier Knee's! Hopefully I can start them tomorrow.
Here's a photo for your viewing pleasure!

Both Thighs Completed:
IMAG0522.jpg

Always appreciate some feedback :p Thanks!:cool

PS: If anybody is looking for a Halo Reach Right HD Thigh H-363, W-240, D-199, feel free to PM me if you would like to snag it;)

How much did it took to you to get to this point with your nes build? Nice work anyway!!! Really amazing.

How much did it took to you to get to this point with your nes build? Nice work anyway!!! Really amazing.

I've been working since November, 2011. Just steadily, I want to finish all the pepakura work before spring so I can start resining, fiberglassing and bondoing this as soon as possible :p Thanks!

I've been working since November, 2011. Just steadily, I want to finish all the pepakura work before spring so I can start resining, fiberglassing and bondoing this as soon as possible :p Thanks!

Good. You know I try to finish all the peps before resining too XD, I try every evening after work to proceed with peps but sometimes I have other things to do.

UPDATE - with a lot of pictures

First up is my grenadier knee:

IMAG0530.jpg

Finally finished my Right Shin (Front View):

IMAG0531.jpg

Right Shin Side View:

IMAG0532.jpg

Right Shin Back View:

IMAG0533.jpg

Right Leg Test Fit Side View:

IMAG0524.jpg

Right Left Test Fit Front View: (everything is being held up by tape so it's not even)

IMAG0526.jpg

Tell me what you guy's think of the sizing, I think it's pretty good. I still have to get new boots since my old ones are too small for me now, so once I get some I'll take another photo with the boot armour too. For the boot armour, I'm aiming towards making it out of foam except the actual toe tip. Foam would be easier because it won't make a noise every step I make and probably won't break like my older ones.

Here's some photo's of the under suit and gloves, I'll do a test fit of the under suit maybe next update.

Motorcycle Under Suit Front:

IMAG0536.jpg

Motorcycle Under Suit Back:

IMAG0535.jpg

Armoured Gloves:

IMAG0529.jpg

Test Fit with Hand Plates:

IMAG0534.jpg

I also got my visor but it isn't very mirrored so if any of you guys have a good link to a eBay seller with an actual gold mirrored visor, hit me up :p Also got a black neck seal to get my hair out of the way and all that good stuff!

Pretty long update I think. Thanks guys for the awesome inspiring comments :) Of course, I'm always open to suggestions so feel free to suggest! :p

Pep work looks nice and clean and its great to see progress!
I like the suite you've chosen. I've thought of going the route of motorcycle armour as my under armour, but after much debate and thought I have decided to make my undersuite from scratch. What can I say... I'm a glutton for punishment ;p

UPDATE

Hey guys, so since reading week is over, I'm back to school so updates will be a tiny bit slower. The nice weather is slowly coming and I've been gathering all my supplies, I have to re-new my respirator filters, I hope they still make them for my model.
I finished my other Grenadier Knee and Shin. Of course I took some pictures :)

Both Shins:
IMAG0544.jpg

and both Grenadier Knee's:
IMAG0545.jpg

I'm going to make the boots out of foam so I don't have to hear the "cluncky" noise every time I walk. I'll make the toe piece out of pepakura, because I'm not too good at making anything out of foam :p I also want to make a Collar Breacher attachment, my friend has a ton of shotgun shells and I might just borrow one and mold it. We'll see how much time I have with so many things in the way.
Thanks for staying tuned guys!

UPDATE!

Alright guys, I put everything on and took a couple of pictures. Everything is taped on and still in the pepakura stage. I'm still looking for the perfect boots so I'll post an update when I get them + make boot armour.
Here it is!!
IMAG0546-1.jpg

IMAG0548-1.jpg

IMAG0549-1.jpg

IMAG0550-1.jpg

IMAG0551-1.jpg

IMAG0553-1.jpg

Tell me what you guys think :)

Scaling looks spot-on brother. Everything looks super clean, and just great. Keep it up buddy.

-Matt

Just saw this on facebook and had to jump over and say that your scaling is spot on! Not too many people can get it that perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back