Reach Reach Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of gloves are you using? Also how difficult were the forearms to pep? I have tried a few different files and they weren't to friendly for my skill, but i will keep trying. You have great work going on here and i will subscribe to your thread. thank you

What kind of gloves are you using? Also how difficult were the forearms to pep? I have tried a few different files and they weren't to friendly for my skill, but i will keep trying. You have great work going on here and i will subscribe to your thread. thank you

For the gloves, if you search for full finger armoured paintball or airsoft gloves, you should find them.
These are the pair I bought on eBay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/250967508552?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

The forearms were not too bad to pep, just takes some patience. If you want to use the same file as me, I can send you a link to it, no problem at all. Thanks for tuning in :)

Good Job

Clean peps! Damn! ive also noticed that you have the same gloves and motorcycle armor as me, altho i have cut of the plastic armorplate on the wrist so that it fits better into the wrist. But really good progress sofar, are u planing on splitting your chest?

Wow Milky, everything is looking really good :) The pep and proportions are spot on :) cant wait to see another update. oh yeah and i just subscribed lol

Would it be possible for you to link the files for the biceps and shoulders? The one's I have aren't as good.

Here you go,
Bicep (This one is for the right side, just invert the pattern to get the left side):
http://www.4shared.com/file/R9tJWTLl/Reach_bicep_male_right__Forged.html?

Shoulder:
http://www.4shared.com/file/HIutbUXp/Ruze789_Carter_Right_Shoulder_.html?

@Kroforce: Thanks dude :) I am indeed going to split the chest, I'm either going to split it completely and let it buckle into shape, or do a clam shell design.

@Mstruvmgc: I've been resining my helmet, chest, torso and biceps so maybe I'll make an update soon ;P Thanks for subscribing! :p

Not much of an Update, but I thought I'd share with you guys!

I resined my Helmet, Chest, Pelvis, Biceps, Shoulders and Forearms.

I went on a mini shopping spree and bought enough supplies to last me a while. Thought I'd share.
IMAG0564.jpg

I resined my chest piece twice, fiberglass it next. I painted it because I had left over paint and wanted to get rid of the multi-colourness lol
IMAG0567.jpg

Rondo'd the helmet, mildly sanded the outside of the helmet.
IMAG0565.jpg

IMAG0566.jpg

Tell me what you guys think! Thanks! :cool

that's amazing!! just wondering, what file did you use for your helmet??

Last edited by a moderator:
FANTASTIC!!!!!! great job man, your pep work is so clean and i don't know why everyone else doesn't have problems when they make the reach AR just me =P well keep up the good work man =D good luck

@Cereal Killl3r, I see ton's of sanding in my future as well haha

@R3Dracoon, I sent a link to the helmet on your profile. Check your comments.

@The AR was a little tough to build. The hardest part is definitly going to be hardening it and making it durable. Thanks for checking in :)

- Does anybody have any tips on how I should fill in my Assault Rifle. I want it to be solid but not too heavy (Rondo). I need the ammo counter section to be hollow but solid because I want to be able to add in a working ammo counter with lights and all.

- I'm also wondering how to attach the Mark V shoulders to the biceps without them coming apart.

If anybody has tips for any of my current tips, feel free to contact me anyway and give me a hand :p

Oh yeah... Love how clean your work area is!!
OR.... it that just a show for the camera, and in reality your a messy pig like me!!! lol ;)

Oh yeah... Love how clean your work area is!!
OR.... it that just a show for the camera, and in reality your a messy pig like me!!! lol ;)

I try to minimize the mess I create from all the massive amount of work that goes into the project lol I try to just do sections at a time. You have to keep your work area clean :) hahaha

UPDATE

So, I got some work done on the helmet. I did a lot of sanding of course lol.
I taped up my visor and put it against the helmet and bondo'd around it and sanded it off to have a tight seal. It was a pain, but hey.
Added 3 areas to screw in the visor. I won't do it until the very end, but now I have that troublesome part out of the way. No photos of the inside.
Rondo'd some key parts like inside the brim and a part where I sanded through the first coat of Rondo so add some reinforcement.
and cut a bigger area for my head to fit through :p

Front view:
IMAG0570.jpg

Side view: (visor is not pushed up against the helmet because it's not screwed in)
IMAG0571.jpg

and Back view:
IMAG0572.jpg

I'm going to paint the helmet with some primer to see some areas that I missed tomorrow since I can totally out of spray paint. I'll post photo's tomorrow night :) Thanks for keeping up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back