Reach Reach Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helmet is looking great! cant wait to see it with some primer on it, love to see the pieces when they are not techni-color!!

UPDATE
Some nice updates.

Basic paint details:
IMAG0573.jpg

IMAG0574.jpg

Basically done the helmet I believe. Still need to install fans, padding and visor properly.

IMAG0575.jpg

IMAG0576.jpg

IMAG0577.jpg

Tell me what you guys think. Nice update I believe. I still need to work on some small things.

UPDATE!

Hey guys, long time no update. I've been busy with a lot of non armour related things but I still worked a bunch on it!
I want to say I completed the basic paint job on the chest piece, still no scratch weathering but a ton of black wash, sort of a mistake haha
I used 4 2/3 inch buckles, 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom to secure the chest piece, it's a solid piece once it's stuck together, the coolest part is that I can put it on by myself pretty easily. I still have some more detail work to do on the chest. I still have to add a knife sheath and attach that and also the armour ability has to be attached to the back but one step at a time :p
I painted the belt piece after I resined it twice, just to get the multi-colours out of the way and get a better look at where to focus my sanding work.
I still have to cut out the holes for the lights. I'm going to do every light that shows up in the game but add 2 extras at the top of the back piece where there would usually be a UNSC logo on.
Made the neck collar out of different types of foam. Right now in the photo it is loose and just supported by my shoulders but I'll mount it after I also get some foam to seal around my arms and add some further details.
The rest of the stickers will be made out of vinyl (what they use for car stickers) which will include UNSC logos, warning signs, my emblem and etc. so get the best amount of detail. I know it's been a pretty long update and I just rambled. Thanks to anybody who actually reads this haha

So when I was building at this point, as I turned the chest piece upside down, I saw that it was really crooked, I cut the piece and attached it again by Bondo in the outside and Bondo glass in the inside. I didn't take a photo when I fixed it, sadly :(
IMAG0598.jpg

A photo of when the chest piece was split.
IMAG0599.jpg

It's a big jump, the painted the inside black and did a bunch of painting. Some of the black paint is a little messy, I want to correct it soon :)
Front:
IMAG0610.jpg

Back:
IMAG0611.jpg

I left a section blank on the back because that's where a sectioned piece goes.

Test fit with all my fully completed things including the undersuit. The zipper broke on the suit and the front wasn't completely fit on me. Have to replace that thing >.>
IMAG0607.jpg

IMAG0606.jpg

With the belt piece, more awkward photo's yay!

IMAG0608.jpg

IMAG0609.jpg

It was late so that explains the PJ's lol
Tell me what you think I'm still missing in my chest or armour in general. Thanks for tuning in! :D

Looking good man!
As far as having a crooked chest piece goes.... It can 'always' be worse!
keep it going, great work!
Cereal.

Looking good man!
As far as having a crooked chest piece goes.... It can 'always' be worse!
keep it going, great work!
Cereal.

Thanks a lot, bud :)
I mildly fixed the chest piece, it's not noticable when I have the suit on, so I'm happy about that :)

Look pretty good milky. Just so you know, i read that entire paragraph lol. :) At first the mirror through me off because i thought ther was something wrong with the picture with that line in the mirror. But everything is looking good so far :) Keep up the great work

Thanks for the replies and for those ones who read everything haha :cool

I almost completed my knife and sheath. Need some bolts to add to the top and maybe some silver weathering.

IMAG0616.jpg

My combat knife is an actual training knife, so it's made out of rubber but I want to make the blade silver. Does anybody know how to correctly paint rubber without it chipping?

IMAG0617.jpg

I'm starting to fiberglass my biceps today!

Righteous, those knives are fun :) cant wait to see it painted, sorry i dont know how to paint rubber. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back