Reach Reach Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohh if you need to paint rubber, look into a product called bulldog. In spray can from it is an adhesion promoter, and in liquid form it can be added to solvent based paints to make them have some flex and give. although then you'd need to be able to spray your own paint. sooooo wiping the rubber down lightly with lacquer thinner or mineral spirits, lacquer will help paint stick but will make the rubber dull, and then on the blade do a dry brushing of some silver model paint, that way it is a very thin layer and will flax and give some when blade moves. hope that helps some.

nice man i really like the helmet, it looks like it fits perfect and so does the chest, keep up the good work man

ohh if you need to paint rubber, look into a product called bulldog. In spray can from it is an adhesion promoter, and in liquid form it can be added to solvent based paints to make them have some flex and give. although then you'd need to be able to spray your own paint. sooooo wiping the rubber down lightly with lacquer thinner or mineral spirits, lacquer will help paint stick but will make the rubber dull, and then on the blade do a dry brushing of some silver model paint, that way it is a very thin layer and will flax and give some when blade moves. hope that helps some.

Thanks buddy! I should look into getting that done soon :)

Small Update

So, I finished building one of the boots. I decided to not do foam because my other foam attempts were pathetic lol
I can always just add a little foam to the bottom so I don't make a loud noise when I walk.

IMAG0628.jpg

@RidiculousyPhotogenticGuy - I haven't been to any craft or hobby stores yet to check, but that's always an option!

@TheCorporal101 - I don't think you're the only one! I know I won't miss it aha Everybody asks about it :p

Hey Miky its me, james' brother from halo reach's release! I am doing the halo 4 armour which is really difficult (there are pieces for the fingers -_-) ye so i just needed some simple pointers you learned when you did your first job. And are you going to best buy or ebgames for midnigt release? one last thing, you preorder the limited edition yet? also if you dont mind, what glue do you use and where do you get your visors?

UPDATE

So I've mostly completed my biceps. I cut out the lights, resined, fiberglass, rondo'd, bondo'd, sanded, primered, painted and weathered. Next step is to add straps to the top so it stays up by itself with a buckle. I need help though.... I'm looking for a way to attach my shoulder attachment to the bicep itself. The shoulder will have a light at the bottom like in the first photo on the first page. I won't be taking it off again and want it to stay on permanently. They're both pretty heavy so I don't think velcro will work. The shoulder isn't done, I just quickly painted over it to get those funny colours out of the way. Still some sanding and detailing work to be done :)

Photos:

IMAG0653.jpg

I didn't sand or paint the upper middle part because it will be covered by the shoulder piece anyways.

IMAG0652.jpg

IMAG0649.jpg

IMAG0650.jpg

Tell me what you guys think :) I'd love some pointers or help :p

@JayHezkilla: Hey buddy! I can help with what I can over PM's. I'll probably be going to the EB Games I work at for midnight. I pre-ordered it the day it was announced lol

@Mstruvmgc: Thank's :D I haven't done pep for a couple months and it felt weird going back to tiny scissors and delicacy from sanding and heavy fiberglass/rondo work aha

So I've mostly completed my biceps. I cut out the lights, resined, fiberglass, rondo'd, bondo'd, sanded, primered, painted and weathered. Next step is to add straps to the top so it stays up by itself with a buckle. I need help though.... I'm looking for a way to attach my shoulder attachment to the bicep itself. The shoulder will have a light at the bottom like in the first photo on the first page. I won't be taking it off again and want it to stay on permanently. They're both pretty heavy so I don't think velcro will work. The shoulder isn't done, I just quickly painted over it to get those funny colours out of the way. Still some sanding and detailing work to be done :)

You could kind of use either magnets, or a slide in mechanism by cutting a slit in the shoulder and putting a bended piece of metal or anything that would slide in that slit (and then use magnets to secure it) or if you NEVER want it to come off (im saying make it removable so you can customize this armour however you like) you could just hot glue or super glue it on, or even nail it in

UPDATE- sorta

I've been pretty laid back with my work and had a couple things to do instead of the armour so I had a steady day to work on it. I split my belt piece and added buckles (still not ready for pics :p), added straps from the biceps to the shoulder of the undersuit so that's how they will be put in place with some foam padding as well. I velcro'd my combat knife to the chest, added foam details to the chest and helmet and all that good stuff. I decided to take a pic for fun :D

IMAG0666.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back