Halo Cortana Data Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here a new update:

The stencil is cut :)

And I just received this picture from the PCB factory in China:

It's the PCB on the left side. The one on the right side is for another project. It's already on it's way and should arrive this saturday.

Now I just need to order the LEDs from California.

Ben

This is a hell of a project, I guess this data chip of yours will stay unique forever and never be repeated by anyone else ever. :p
Like the idea that you will use the data chip to actually record videos/pictures from your helmet camera. Crafting level: EXPERT!
I'm definitely keep an eye on this thread.

Hey guys, thank you all for the support. I'm so glad the old forum is back, it's now almost like old days, with all the people here :)
I just received the PCB. This PCB service is just awesome. I ordered 10 pieces for 10$ and received 18 ;)

Here's a picture:

Now I just need to order the missing parts (LEDs and some resistors). I'm trying so get it working in the next 2 weeks.

Woah, that's sick, dude! And I second Xtremenoob, I wanna get my hands on one of these bad boys! Nice work!

If somebody is interested and able to afford it I could sell some.

I just checked the price:
3D-printed housing is 21€
PCB is 1€
battery is 13€
MicroSD-card probably 20€
electronic parts - 11€
So it should be around 66€ = 87$ for 1 piece including 32GB micro-sd

Holy crap, how come I've not seen this thread before????

This is truly amazing work, I never thought I'd see someone actually craft a working Cortana chip.
Going to have to spread the word of your work so you get seen on waypoint!

Will be definitely be keeping an eye on this thread for your progress :p

Details:
At first, it's designed to work as a normal SD card for every camera out there, but unfortunately I don't found such a small battery. So it's a little bit bigger than a SD card.
It's got a battery in it with the necessary electronic to charge it every time it's connected to a PC or camera (5V over the USB port).
It has about 28 LEDs in it. 10 blue ones for the shiny ring in the middle, 10 Green one at the connector (the tiny holes) to mimic a functional optical data transfer and 8 LEDs to display the charging status of the battery while connected. These are placed at the 4 hole (2 left and 2 on the right side).
All the electronic is controlled with a Atmel Mega8 microcontroller.
When you disconnect the data chip from a helmet it runs for about 2 hours and does all the fancy bling bling stuff the one from the game does. That was the main goal.
Inside as you can see on the last pic is a tiny PCB which holds all the necessary electronics to charge, light up or transfer the data.
The blue brick is the battery and the big black thing is a 32GB micro SD card.

I'm not completely clear whether the memory card is part of the microcontroller circuit or not. Post a schematic I'm curious to see what it looks like!! :)
You could possibly read a file from the SD card to change the pattern of the flashing LEDs... but you would need a chip with more I/O pins.

Your PCB's and 3D printed case came out really good! This is one of my favorite builds on the forum as of yet since its some real engineering.

The microSD card is NOT part of the microcontroller. I just channel the 8 pins of the card through to the front connector. I could monitor the traffic, but that means a uC with more IO-pins and a way lager housing. So the overall design would be lager.

If you all like this chip, you're going to die for this :cool
p2134419.jpg

Halo OS for my suit ;)

Wow! The chip is coming along great! So, just to be clear, the microSD card is NOT necessary for the final AI chip? Or can it be set up to work like a thumbdrive? Sorry if I missed these details somewhere!

And your suit module looks cool too!

This is so incredible!!! i have never seen anything like this and if you do sell them i am buying! keep up the great work!!!

Every time i see an update it wows me.. Considering what you were saying about the costs for it.. If you decide to sell them. I would be incredibally interested in this and will make sure i have the money come the time if you decide to commission these.

Hello!

I have been following this post for awhile now and was wondering on an update. I am going into the army in Oct. this year and would like to help fund your project then. Please feel free to contact me.
Also I have some ideas that would take this over the top!

Holly mother of pearl. I've just been blown away. Nearly fell out of my chair going through this thread. How in the world did you manage 9 classes? I'm stressed about taking 6 next semester! I'm working on an engineering degree... this thread has seriously inspired me to put forth more effort into my studies and into my personal hobbies. Danke!!

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. This is truly amazing. I haven't seen this level of thinking out of the box since afghanistan hahaha. This is awesome. Keep up the good work! I'm definitely interested in buying one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back