ODST Foam WIP (Pic Heavy) GySGT Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another update on the chest core and spine that i just finished, only bout 1/3 to 1/2 way done with the entire suit and loving every minute of it. I tried to do the
pure pep way and gave up quick and i am so satisfied with how this is turning out and quickly too. Makes me want to make a couple of other builds after this one
too but thats for another time/thread in the future

Front
0220122212b.jpg

Side
0220122212a.jpg

Inside under right arm for ease of getting it on or off
0220122211.jpg

Top/Neck hole
0220122249.jpg

And the back of it
0220122244.jpg

0220122244a.jpg

Enjoy :D

I love these foam builds, you're pretty much playing it by ear in regards to details and scale but they come out so much more original (and better looking if I do say so myself) than Pepakura Armour Piece #163835.

I kind of have to play it by ear with certain things as i am a big guy, not in height but some extra padding lol, but ty for the compliments all of you!!!

Its coming along great man! I actually decided against doing the spine pieces on my chest core because I never really liked the look of them, but you seem to have pulled it off quite well. Keep on keepin' on, you're making great time with this!

Man this is turning out to be one nice looking build! Keep it up man as you are keeping me on top of mine. Although I am moving at a slightly slower pace than you. Awesome work :)

Thanks guys for the compliments, but unfortunately progress is gunna slow down this coming week as i am outa of foam till Friday lol. Which then i will either start the chest armor details or the shins.

Just a small update here, with a completed fanny pack attached to the chest core i made in bout an hour in between errands today

By itself
0221121712.jpg

Attached to the chest core
0221121713.jpg

I modified the rear pack to suit me and in the ease of making it just to keep things simple
Hope y'all enjoy! :D

Not much at this moment hope to have more in a few days but i got some pics on what i am also gunna try to make out of eva foam like i have seen a few people do with great success

The Halo M7S SMG template printed to life size
0226122157.jpg

also picked these beauties up at the local surplus store today and gunna get some more to mod into something or at least the grenade into a H3 spec grenade still havent decided what to do with the smaller 20mm dummy round or the spent 30mm casing
0226122200.jpg

Also got this awesome pistol belt at the surplus store for my belt buckle i made out of foam and to attach the front cod and side hip plates to
0226122202.jpg

Enjoy, comments, input, 2 cents, and advice are always welcome

Happy armoring 405th!!! :)

The foam work is looking really nice. The back and the pack look sweet. Keep up the great work mustang!:)

Very nice job! I really enjoy the spine plates you put in, makes the piece look sick. Keep up the nice work.

Nice foam work, how do you cut it?
and looking alot better than my odst, however that seems to be common place on this site

"Your like mario, getting too many 1 Ups"
~bowser

Another update on my stuffs lol.
For a change of pace i haven't been working on the suit parse, but have been working on an item that i will hope turns out good enough to go with it

The M7S ODST SMG

the buttstock
0228121359.jpg

threaded pvc barrel and 3/4in steel rod in grip for some weight
0228121427.jpg

pvc pipe silencer and buttstock put together with reciever section of the smg
0228121506.jpg

Still alot of details obviously to be put into it but i hope yall enjoy

Nice foam work, how do you cut it?
and looking alot better than my odst, however that seems to be common place on this site

"Your like mario, getting too many 1 Ups"
~bowser

i use an exacto knife with lots and lots of blades to make sure my cuts are clean, and beveling the edges to make sure the pieces line up too. but i am prolly changing my blades out 1-2 times per piece of armor i make

Hope you guys like it, and Happy Armoring 405th :D

M6 SOCOM for my suit built and molded by Tactonyx, and i am just blown away by the detail of this beautifully crafted weapon. Such a Great addition with all moving parts and 3 different configurations for 3 different pistols for different suits if I decide to build more.

0229121955.jpg

0229121954a.jpg

0229121954.jpg

Hope y'all like it

Happy armoring 405th:D

dang you are really good with foam stuff
i really like the SMG and the pistol =D btw when are you going to start the helmet?
good luck man and can't wait to see more progress =D

dang you are really good with foam stuff
i really like the SMG and the pistol =D btw when are you going to start the helmet?
good luck man and can't wait to see more progress =D

Not sure when im goiing to start the helmet, ive been looking at some other builds and i am still deciding whether to pep the helm or do foam like i have seen a few gorgeous bulds done from foam for the helms but i want to complet the rest of the armor first before i start it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back