ODST Foam WIP (Pic Heavy) GySGT Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what the the butt plate looks like to me...
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToK6iIVzZUpM1Aw_nh0nxC-Dq85J7wCWDI_oX-xCmnsOipnTIW.jpg

ARMOR UPDATE!!! :D

The past couple of days i was working on both the smg and the chest plate and little accessories that go with it. First being the smg, did not turn out too well so i threw it out, just wasn't taking the shape i would hope it would, maybe sometime in the future i can make one truly worthy of art in my book.

But second is the chest plate and other stuffs lol. got it all cut out, put together, and glued to the chest core.

Side Rib Plate
0305121756.jpg

0305121753a.jpg

Center piece
0305121754.jpg

All together
0305121753.jpg

Main chest plate
0306121749a.jpg

0306121749.jpg

and mounted to the chest core...
0306121845.jpg

0306121846.jpg

0306121846a.jpg

Now just one more thigh, the shins, and a helm to make and it will be off to details and paint and of course afterward, shooting grunts...:p

Hope y'all enjoy and feel free to leave comments or advice, they are always welcome
Happy Armoring 405th :D

Looking great. This is some really nice foam work.
I haven't seen a foam ODST come this far. I'm really liking the foam work. It's lookin really nice.

Thank you both, i havent seen many foam odst completed suit either which is my fuel to finish this as well, but it seems i just hit infantryman status as well so now i must do my best to complete this at my top ability :D

Just showing off, not really an update.

Picked up this awesome tabletop belt sander at harbor freight for 40 bucks, makes beveling my edges a lot faster than using a rotary tool.
the table tilts up to 45 degrees and has a vacuum attachment so no foam dust in the air wither which is totally awesome :)
0312121659.jpg

Also be safe when using on keeping the piece on the table or it will try to rip it out of your hands or worse get your hand caught in it but safety first guys as i found out with this piece im working on for the shins
0312121706.jpg

And my expanded work station which i want to get a 3rd table also to put a hot wire styrofoam cutter on that i am gunna build and possibly a table tip bandsaw and drill press on too or maybe a carvewright cnc machine if i ever get enough money together also
0313121031.jpg

Of course space is limited since i have this 34 ford coupe sitting behind me that i have been trying to sell for a year rofl
0727112007.jpg

Hopefully later today i will have an update with lots of photos of the shins i am working on, untill then happy armoring 405th!!! :D

Nice ride there mustang. Also, I like the belt sander. That's a pretty good deal for a hobby sander. I like it.:)

Great work, very clean build, and great detail keep it up! As for the 37 Ford very nice, but I am a Chevy man myself. :p

Thanks, im a chevy guy too but this used to be my dads and i was going to finish it but it would take almost another 15-20k to do so which in this day and age doesnt seem achievable

Nice ride there mustang. Also, I like the belt sander. That's a pretty good deal for a hobby sander. I like it.:)

Thanks, yea the sander has been a big help in making my bevels more even for my seams than my rotary tool

Well here is a small update on the shins i am working on which were a lil harder than i had anticipated but they are coming out smoothly.
Just a lil more and they will hopefully be finished tomorrow after work.

Back of the shin/calf piece
0313121719.jpg

0313122214.jpg

Front pieces still awaiting assembly
0313122213a.jpg

I have decided to model my suit after GySgt. Edward Buck so i got some MOLLE grenade pouches at the army/navy store to attach with straps around the right shin, hope they look ok.
0313122213.jpg

Well thats all i have for now, i hope y'all like it and feel free to comment, advice, criticize or whatever LOL
And always, Happy Armoring 405th friends!!!

The shin pieces look like they have very clean cuts and curves! Good job :D I also really like those little pouches. Theyll fit pretty perfect in with the suit as a whole in my opinion

The shin pieces look like they have very clean cuts and curves! Good job :D I also really like those little pouches. Theyll fit pretty perfect in with the suit as a whole in my opinion

Thank you very much, Im trying to be as accurate as possible, even with the weapons which i am using a cast of tactonyx silenced pistol and soon will have one for thorssoli's Assault rifles. Trying to get as close to GySgt. Bucks armor as possible. But im glad you like it :D

Shin Complete. took me awhile to figure out the angles of the pieces and contours and such this being my most difficult piece to do out of foam.
But finally after a week of trying and remaking some of the parts her it is in it glory lol

Front
0316121254.jpg

Side
0316121256.jpg

0316121254a.jpg

Bottom
0316121255.jpg

Back
0313121719.jpg

Hope y'all like it and feel free to comment :D

Nice work man looking good. I know how you felt making this one, looks like the awkward angles and curves I just went through on my MK VI forearms. Looking forward to your next update, hopefully a pic of you wearing bits or just assembled alltogether.

Hey man, Its coming along great! I'm trying to use foam as much as I can on my build as well, but I trembled in the wake of those shins and just ended up pepping them. Congratulations on tackling them so well! Also, how much were those MOLLE pouches you picked up? I have an Army Navy store sort of near me that I go to every so often, but its not worth the hour long drive up there if I can't get them for a good price ya know?

This is turning out amazing! Those shins are crazy!

And I agree with Drack...excited to see the pieces all together :)

Nice work man looking good. I know how you felt making this one, looks like the awkward angles and curves I just went through on my MK VI forearms. Looking forward to your next update, hopefully a pic of you wearing bits or just assembled alltogether.

Ill get some posted of it together soon, still have one shin and a thigh to build as well as the only piece im pepping, the helm

Hey man, Its coming along great! I'm trying to use foam as much as I can on my build as well, but I trembled in the wake of those shins and just ended up pepping them. Congratulations on tackling them so well! Also, how much were those MOLLE pouches you picked up? I have an Army Navy store sort of near me that I go to every so often, but its not worth the hour long drive up there if I can't get them for a good price ya know?

The entire build is all foam except the helm which im going to do the old fashioned way, i dont have the skill yet to make a helm from foam like Dracks' amazing work. As for the Molle pouches they were a group of 3 together as one unit and i cut them apart but i picked them up for 14 bucks and most of the other molle accessories are aroun 10-30 bucks per depending on their size and such.

This is turning out amazing! Those shins are crazy!

And I agree with Drack...excited to see the pieces all together :)

Thank you very much im glad you like it, im trying not to disappoint :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back