ODST Foam WIP (Pic Heavy) GySGT Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are moving right along on this mustang. Another great show of foam work.:D

You are moving right along on this mustang. Another great show of foam work.:D

Yep it is definetely getting there thanks again.

Actually, its more accurate to have them on the shin like you did. I've been looking at a whole bunch of ODST renders and screenshots, and the knee pad is actually bolted on to a section on top of the shins. They still flex, like at a joint on the shin, but they do attach there.

Wellthen it looks like my idea came out correctly then lol, thankyou :)

Wow armymustang, everything looks as though it has come together very nicely. :) I am likeing it a lot, not get that brain bucket done and suit up! lol Keep up the good work.

Thanks im glad you like it, and will do on that helmet lol :cool

This is looking awesome! I'm loving all of the foam builds. Everyone makes it seem so easy, and they all look incredible! I can't believe I missed this thread before. It's great! Looking forward to seeing more soon! :D

This is looking awesome! I'm loving all of the foam builds. Everyone makes it seem so easy, and they all look incredible! I can't believe I missed this thread before. It's great! Looking forward to seeing more soon! :D

Good to have another follower, im very happy you like it :D

Helmet update!!!
This is my first time pepping a piece of armor and im still very much a noob at it for the only other thing i have pepped was my scorpion tank shown earlier in my thread but im satisfied so far and im loving using hotglue for the pep stage, makes things go so much faster!

Not finished yet but this is what i got done last night
0325122153.jpg

0325122153a.jpg

A Screen shot of the helm that i am building, not sure whos model it is but kudos to them :D
0325121638.jpg

Hope to have more later today, Enjoy!!!

for your first time pepping i think it looks pretty dang good my friend :) keep it up

Pep looks great! Would never have guessed it was your first.
Besides... Perfect pep, imperfect pep... Bondo gets on them all the same!
Cheers,
Cereal

Pep looks great! Would never have guessed it was your first.
Besides... Perfect pep, imperfect pep... Bondo gets on them all the same!
Cheers,
Cereal

Very true with the bondo, its just been so long since i did any pep i forgot how much i hated the cutting out of the parts :p

M6 SOCOM, Built and casted by tactonyx of which i bought one for my build. Decided it was time to assemble and paint it, nothing special just used a dark grey primer for the main body of the pistol and black primer for the grip. The minor detailed parts i used acrylic paints. Also to geive a more used look I then took sand paper and steel wool to the weapon to give the effect of scratches and just general wear and tear for a used look.
Whole gun
0327121555.jpg

front of the smart sight
0327121556.jpg

yellow in the sight posts
0327121557.jpg

And a kinda in game look :D
0327121556a.jpg

Going to work some more on the helmet today also hopefully finish pepping it if not definetely tomorrow

Happy armoring 405th :cool

Helmet completely pepped. Now just need a string of good weather to start the resin process. I did have to cut away quite a bit of the inside lip of the helmet to allow my fat head to fit along with my glasses otherwise everything is fuzzy without them lol but i hope y'all like it so far and hope to have more updates soon.

0330122332b.jpg

0330122332a.jpg

0330122332.jpg

0330122331.jpg

0330122327a.jpg

like i said the weather is good at the moment but we are supposed to get rain the next few days so resin is gunna have to wait
Feel free to comment, advise or whatever lol

Well i had some free time to knock out something simple last night and made the knife. I know it not the one buck used its the one from reach but i thought it looked better and i used velcro on the back so i can switch it between my odst armor and the reach armor i plan to build next but that is a thread for another day

0401120020.jpg

0401120020a.jpg

0401120024.jpg

Still some minor details that need to be added but hopefully some good weather will come around so i can get back to finishing it up

Question. I apologize for the double post but i have a question as to the glassing of the helmet, I have read multiple threads on this and yet to find a good answer whether it be rondo or a couple layers of fiberglass or both to give the most strength as well as no comprimising too much space in the interior of the helm, hope yall can help me solve this dilemma

Question. I apologize for the double post but i have a question as to the glassing of the helmet, I have read multiple threads on this and yet to find a good answer whether it be rondo or a couple layers of fiberglass or both to give the most strength as well as no comprimising too much space in the interior of the helm, hope yall can help me solve this dilemma

Lol...
A while ago I posted on Dracks thread some info that may help you out with this subject. In the near future I also plan on making an instructional video for all to see with regards to this matter. I dont want to retype the whole thing again so just have a look there. Its the last post as of the time of this writing.

Here is the link to the page:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36197-My-First-Assault-Rifle-Build-(Pic-heavy)/page4

Cheers,
Cereal

Lol...
A while ago I posted on Dracks thread some info that may help you out with this subject. In the near future I also plan on making an instructional video for all to see with regards to this matter. I dont want to retype the whole thing again so just have a look there. Its the last post as of the time of this writing.

Here is the link to the page:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36197-My-First-Assault-Rifle-Build-(Pic-heavy)/page4

Cheers,
Cereal

Thanks Cereal that was a big help :D

I have had a lot of experience with this, this past week... But it's still just my opinion, you have to do what works best for you!

Rondo is super easy to use, but it goes on a bit thick and has pretty miserable strength. If inner size is an issue, go with fiberglass. Two thin layers will give you good strength.

I cracked my rondo-only helmet earlier this week, from putting my arm and not much pressure on it. My all fiberglass helmet I can sit on, though it has three layers of glass and a layer of rondo.

The downside to glass is it is REALLY a pain to get it into cracks and details of the piece. People go rondo if they're not going to be too rough with their armor, or if strength isn't an issue, and they want to get something done quick and easy, as rondo alone will probably take an hour less time in work, and two hours less in curing, than fiberglass because it's liquid, and the two catalysts make it set at bondo speeds which are faster than resin speeds.

A really fantastic compromise for strength and ease is to first glass all of the easy to fiberglass areas. Then use a batch of rondo to fill in the details. If you use enough rondo, you can smooth out and cover the details enough to easily put a layer or two of fiberglass over the rondo to reinforce it. Honestly though, so long as you are careful with the rondo, and lay the fiberglass down flat, you won't be getting a whole lot of space taken up by the stuff, unless you sized the helmet to just fit your head.

Bottom line, fiberglass will always win in strength to thickness, but rondo is easy to use and can get into crevasses like it's nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back