ODST Foam WIP (Pic Heavy) GySGT Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarmymustang

Just wanted to start off with saying thank you to everyone on here for the hard work and wealth of knowledge put into this place.

My WIP ODST foam build based off of Hugh Holders files and some help from many others in using their builds pictures for reference

This is just a start of what i have made so far, its not much due to time constraints from my job but i hope you all enjoy and comments and advice are always welcome:)

Here is one of my forearms
tn.jpg

0103122211.jpg

0117121740.jpg

shoulder base
tn2.jpg

belt buckle
tn1.jpg

and the front and side hip plates
0202121000b.jpg

0202121000a.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures as they are taken with my phone,Hope you enjoy!!

Looks like you're off to a great start. Keep those updates coming!:)

Excellent start man!

Very impressive foam work. Keep up the pace, its always good to see another trooper joining the ranks!

Looks great so far! Im also doing my ODST builds mainly out of foam. Are you planning on making your helmet from foam as well? because Id definitely suggest doing that with pepakura. Its tough to do that sort of piece from foam. However, all the other ODST armor pieces are very foam-compatible (as youve probably figured out already.) If you need any help, id be glad to assist.

Looks great so far! Im also doing my ODST builds mainly out of foam. Are you planning on making your helmet from foam as well? because Id definitely suggest doing that with pepakura. Its tough to do that sort of piece from foam. However, all the other ODST armor pieces are very foam-compatible (as youve probably figured out already.) If you need any help, id be glad to assist.
Thanks, i had planned on doing the helmet with pepakura and such, just thought i would save it till last since it is the hardest part. but i will keep you in mind in i hit a snag, TY again

Just another quick update, made some shoulders from Hughs design but not so sure on the look, gunna look into Kirrou's design and see if it better or easy to foam it

securedownload.jpg

securedownload1.jpg

Also been doing some practice on pepping on this lil gem i found by bevbor on the costuming wiki
1210111153.jpg

It's looking great so far, keep it up!..... SCORPION TANKS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!.... haha I love it that's awesome! I'll have to try and pep that myself one of these days.

It's looking great so far, keep it up!..... SCORPION TANKS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!.... haha I love it that's awesome! I'll have to try and pep that myself one of these days.
it was alot of fun to put together and looks awesome too

Another small update here, I was gunn use the shoulders i posted earlier but wasnt satisfied with them so i decided to try Kirrou's design and fell in love with them
tn4-1.jpg

tn4.jpg

Also picked up these Oakley pilot gloves knockoffs that i will be using for around 20 bucks :)
tn3.jpg

Hope y'all enjoy

Sorry it took so long for an update but i got one of the thighs done also based off of Hugh's design. hopefully will get the other thigh done this week and get started on either the shin armor or the chest core.

Outside of left thigh
xgj.jpg

Inside groin area
sfgh.jpg

Front
etyj.jpg

Hope yall enjoy and feedback is always welcome:p

what material is that and where did you get it ? i have seen one that looks alike called floor mats or something used to put heavy things over it like weights and stuff, but i dont like the texture of it :/

what material is that and where did you get it ? i have seen one that looks alike called floor mats or something used to put heavy things over it like weights and stuff, but i dont like the texture of it :/

they are EVA foam floor mats that you can buy at home depot, walmart or harbor freight and are usually cheaper at harbor freight at 10 bucks for a pack of 4 2'x2' mats, but its what the majority of people
use to make their foam armor on here, and the thinner 2-3mm thickness stuff for adding detail to some areas. But the mats are very durable and will usually tear the foam before you tear the glue seams, it does feel weird on bare skin but your supposed to have an under armor suit too.

A little bit of progress today with the making of the Chest Core modeled by Hugh. Had to make it 15-20% bigger as i have a 49in chest and the default version is for a 42in. chest

Not finished yet which i will finish tomorrow but here is the front
1.jpg

side
2.jpg

back
3.jpg

on an unrealated note this is my small work station in the garage
4.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality as they are from my phone.
Happy armoring 405th!!!:p

I love these foam builds, you're pretty much playing it by ear in regards to details and scale but they come out so much more original (and better looking if I do say so myself) than Pepakura Armour Piece #163835.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back