NDE's Gears of War 3 Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayrDeath

Hey everyone! Long time no... forum? Yeah, that'll work.
I've been working on a few projects since you've last heard from me on here. But recently I played Gears of War 3 for the first time and fell in love with both the multiplayer system and the armor that the characters wear. I saw Propcustomz amazing Baird build on here and was inspired to build myself a new pair of shoes, so I downloaded the templates and started to build. So it's time for me to cut the chit-chat and show off my work!

I took a load of WIP pics but didn't really feel like uploading all of them. But I'll show off a few so you can see how my boot went from this:
100_1059.jpg

100_1065.jpg

100_1066.jpg

To this:
100_1088.jpg

100_1087.jpg

100_1089.jpg

100_1090.jpg

Also here are a few other pics you might be interested in:

Pre-weathering
100_1068.jpg

Me in my garage weathering the boot
100_1077.jpg

Here I am with it on
100_1086.jpg

Annnddd.... CURB STOMP!!!!
100_1091.jpg

That's my buddy Levi. He has an account on here so some of you may know him as Deathofire. I've been teaching him how to make armor and he's currently making an ODST suit. He's gonna make a thread hopefully sometime soon.

So that's what I've got done so far. I'm working on another boot as I type this. I'm going to be making my own personal COG suit, as in, I'm not cosplaying as anyone. It's gonna have red instead of blue and one of my arms is going to be heavily armored like Tai's right arm. I'm going to try and get this done in time for Fanime Con on May 25th, so stay tuned!

C&C welcome! Also if anyone else on here's going to Fanime tell me and we could meet up and hang out! :)

Hey dudes.

I see that those links to the templates for the boots are dead (the links in the thread, not the thread itself). Does anyone happen to have them (or any GOW foam templates for that matter), and if they do, would they be willing to hook me up? Please?

(oh, sorry for necro post...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back