MK VI Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torso Update.

IMG_0584.jpg
This looks amazing!:)

In some ways this looks better than even pep armor, absolutely gorgeous

I agree, this is looking much nicer than pep. It's much cleaner and smoother, and when done it weighs a lot less than glassed armor. Incredible job, and the fact that this is MKVI is even better!

I've never seen a Mk VI foam build. It's looking awesome and really clean. I can see why you're interested in doing an under suit. This build is great, but an under suit will make it totally legit.

Wow thank you so much guys. I got home from work expecting replys to my thread from the usual suspects but almost a whole pages worth. Hopefully I can get the video tutorials up soon. Waiting on my camera to be fixed as I dropped it with a big zoom on and it ripped the thing apart. Once he is fixed will get the links up.

I have been wanting to do a foam MK VI for some time, and you have inspired me to go buy a crapton of gluesticks, and whatever kind of foam that is.

Toacrabman
I have been wanting to do a foam MK VI for some time, and you have inspired me to go buy a crapton of gluesticks, and whatever kind of foam that is.

They are 12mm interlocking eva foam floor mats and do it dude. I have seen some amazing new foam builds out there at the moment. Hopefully I have paved the way for more people to do foam helmets. Seen one done already and a fine job at that :)

Annanymous
That chest piece looks great! The seams are incredibly clean

Thank you hun. The draw back of the clean seams is that the build is taking twice as long as it should. Of course I don't mind, being a perfectionist means things get done right. Would like to add your undersuit is truly inspiring, I hope I can get mine somewhere close to as good as yours.

Belt Update

Didn't have much time this week so today I took time out to get my belt made. I will be adding some detailing to it as it's a little plain apart from the bags on the sides. Tonight I will be starting on the legs but not sure how the build will go after today as my baby is due on monday and I am pretty sure it will be taking up all my time when I am not working. Hopefully my wife will let me get some of my suit done while it sleeps :)

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know about the EVA flooring, I was referring to the thinner stuff.

I actually have a MK V in foam (with a gravity hamma :D )if you want to look at that.

Toacrabman
I know about the EVA flooring, I was referring to the thinner stuff.

Ah I see. The way you worded it sounded like you were new to foam. Which confused me, after I had answered I did have a quick look at your threads and thought surely some that has 1200+ posts should know what EVA is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back