MK VI Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am kind of a perfectionist with my seams which is why i considering redoing my forearms but i am not this good yet, magnificent my friend

Torso and belt finished and undercoated. Just need to get painting now and order bits for the lighting.

IMG_0590-1.jpg
IMG_0594.jpg

Almost finished off some thighs today. Got a few little bits to do at the front of them but happy with the way they came out. They almost fit snug on my legs but I left a bit of room in them to allow for the under suit.

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

Just realised this has taken a month so far to build. Shame I got to go to work or it would be done by now :)

Thank you Hun and I am proud :) There is a reason I am not slowing down on this one, it's because my wife is 2 days over due and really should have it done already. I am sure once the baby arrives my build will slow down big time!

THIGHS. I ditto Toja's gif. XD Well done, sir. How do you plan on making them stay? Straps? Velcro?

THIGHS. I ditto Toja's gif. XD Well done, sir. How do you plan on making them stay? Straps? Velcro?

Not quite sure yet. Once I have a clear idea on how I am doing my under suit then I will know. Velcro is cheap and easy but straps will prevent no accidental armour slips so most probably straps.

In case anyone wondered how I attached the parts of the torso together here it is. Until this morning I was using velcro but that was too fiddly and needed a much easier way to attach them together. So I ordered 4 X 40mm side release buckles from Ebay and glued them directly onto the inside of the armour. This means now the 2 parts can clip together with ease. I can almost do all 4 on my own but 1 of the parts is slightly twisted and my brain can't cope with trying to work something out when I can't see the parts, they are upside-down and slightly twisted.

IMG_0625.jpg
IMG_0624.jpg
IMG_0626.jpg

Not quite sure yet. Once I have a clear idea on how I am doing my under suit then I will know. Velcro is cheap and easy but straps will prevent no accidental armour slips so most probably straps.

In case anyone wondered how I attached the parts of the torso together here it is. Until this morning I was using velcro but that was too fiddly and needed a much easier way to attach them together. So I ordered 4 X 40mm side release buckles from Ebay and glued them directly onto the inside of the armour. This means now the 2 parts can clip together with ease. I can almost do all 4 on my own but 1 of the parts is slightly twisted and my brain can't cope with trying to work something out when I can't see the parts, they are upside-down and slightly twisted.

IMG_0625.jpg
IMG_0624.jpg
IMG_0626.jpg

Very nice indeed, also allows a glimpse into the inner workings of you cuts and how you build your suit, bravo my friend

Shin update.

Managed to get a shin made last night after work and hopefully will get the other done tonight. Couple of pics of it and an update of the suit coming together too.

IMG_0644.jpg
IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg
IMG_0631.jpg

Please... If I may only touch you, perhaps some of the epicness will rub off and I can have a small FRAGMENT of the amazingness you have. Seriously dude. I really am not fond of foam builds but this just blows me away. I've never seen anything like this and I'm just in shock and awe. This is just one inspirational suit that I really think should end up in the elite section. Please keep going. For the sake of all of us. You're moving so fast we haven't been on the edges of our seats very long but I just wanna fall to the floor already. Great job dude, really.

I am at loss for words, the detail is extraordinary! I almost thought it was Bondo'ed, from the smoothness and the crisp edges, but its foam! Great job, I'll definately follow this build for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back