MK VI Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm guessing you've really been using a heat gun, and have sanded it a bit to get rid of edges and seams. Would I be correct in that assumption?

Thank you for all your kinda words guys :)

bigred1610
Do we have a future Spartan yet?

Sorry no mini-spartan as of yet :(

So I'm guessing you've really been using a heat gun, and have sanded it a bit to get rid of edges and seams. Would I be correct in that assumption?

The only bits I sanded a little were the back of the shins but not a great deal to be honest. I will be doing some video tutorials when the build is finished on how I have achieved such clean lines, less need for sanding, etc. It may seem I am making my suit quickly but it's cause I stay up all night to get it finished before my baby is born.

Bicep update

Not my best work but my wife has gone into labor so I had to rush things along a bit to get the bicep finished. I am not sure how often I will be updating now as the baby will take up a lot of my time so will only be able to get little bits done at a time.

IMG_0653.jpg
IMG_0652.jpg
IMG_0651.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bicep update

Not my best work but my wife has gone into labor so I had to rush things along a bit to get the bicep finished. I am not sure how often I will be updating now as the baby will take up a lot of my time so will only be able to get little bits done at a time.

IMG_0653.jpg
IMG_0652.jpg
IMG_0651.jpg
Even your rush jobs look amazing Drack. Best of luck with the birth of your new bundle of joy. Hope all goes well.:D

Thank you man, can't wait!!! :) Just tried something new seeing as the baby is probably gunna take its time. The problem with the bicep was gaps between parts and bloby glue patches. So, I dug out some acrylic bathroom sealant, sanded down the excess glue and filled the holes with the sealant. Once its dry I will re-sand and hopefully this will get the piece up to scratch.

Congratulations on the addition to the famliy! Although it's a bit sad we won't see updates that often, we understand completely.

Oh yeah. The bicep looks awesome.

Cheap and easy foam sealer

For those doing foam builds buy yourself some acrylic bathroom sealant, it's flexible enough for small movement, sandable, you can paint over it and it fills gaps nicely :) best part is it's dirt cheap and you probably couldn't use a whole tube on one suit if you tried.

Cheap and easy foam sealer

For those doing foam builds buy yourself some acrylic bathroom sealant, it's flexible enough for small movement, sandable, you can paint over it and it fills gaps nicely :) best part is it's dirt cheap and you probably couldn't use a whole tube on one suit if you tried.

good luck with the new addition :D, and i will def look into the sealant cuz i dont like using the plastidip crap

good luck with the new addition :D, and i will def look into the sealant cuz i dont like using the plastidip crap

Thank you mate :) I know what you mean about the plasti-dip sealant being crap, I used one squeeze from a tube and never bothered with it again.

Pep files

Hey, Amazing job on your build so far it's by and far the best foam build i've seen and I've been looking around alot. You referenced the file for you helm at the beginning of your build but I didn't see anything about the files you used for the rest of the pieces.. sorry if I missed it someone would you be kind enough to link those should they be available and you have the time? Thank you sir and keep up the great work.

Truly inspirational foam build you've got going here. Until I saw yours, I wasn't sure it was possible to have such a great looking foam helmet!

And a big congratulations on the baby!

Thank you for all the kind words and support guys. Still no baby though!! It's taking it's sweet time.

Hey, Amazing job on your build so far it's by and far the best foam build i've seen and I've been looking around alot. You referenced the file for you helm at the beginning of your build but I didn't see anything about the files you used for the rest of the pieces.. sorry if I missed it someone would you be kind enough to link those should they be available and you have the time? Thank you sir and keep up the great work.

I am not sure which files I used now tbh. I downloaded as many as I could find of the MK VI HD peps and picked the ones I liked the best. They were modelled or unfolded by crackhead09, robogenisis, nugget and nicktendo. I had to remove any bits that I didn't need for foam. If your looking for foam temps for an MK VI build there aren't any that I know of. I am assuming that you think I have been using pep that was unfolded for foam but I am using normal unfolds and altering them to suit my purpose.

Thank you for all the kind words and support guys. Still no baby though!! It's taking it's sweet time.

I am not sure which files I used now tbh. I downloaded as many as I could find of the MK VI HD peps and picked the ones I liked the best. They were modelled or unfolded by crackhead09, robogenisis, nugget and nicktendo. I had to remove any bits that I didn't need for foam. If your looking for foam temps for an MK VI build there aren't any that I know of. I am assuming that you think I have been using pep that was unfolded for foam but I am using normal unfolds and altering them to suit my purpose.

Thanks for the reply. I had figured you were using standard peps you had changed around a bit to work for foam just wasn't sure which. From looking at your build so far it seems at least a few pieces are robogenisis like you mention just wanted to clarify. Sadly there aren't any completed unfolds for foam I've come across just yet.

Seems I forgot in my origional reply congrats on being a future dad

Thanks for the reply. I had figured you were using standard peps you had changed around a bit to work for foam just wasn't sure which. From looking at your build so far it seems at least a few pieces are robogenisis like you mention just wanted to clarify. Sadly there aren't any completed unfolds for foam I've come across just yet.

Just had a look on my laptop and yeah most are crackhead09 and robogenisis with a couple of randoms in there.

Fantastic job so far.
I like the fact that you used a slightly thicker than norm acrylic for the two piece visor. It really enhances the bevel of the face shield. Nicely done sir!
I have a question about the visor inserts you used for your helm. I also have been toying around with the idea of using the visor inserts for the helm, what did you use to stick the visor insert to the face shield, and did you have any issue getting the insert to stick to the acrylic?

Once again, epic work!
Cheers.

Fantastic job so far.
I like the fact that you used a slightly thicker than norm acrylic for the two piece visor. It really enhances the bevel of the face shield. Nicely done sir!
I have a question about the visor inserts you used for your helm. I also have been toying around with the idea of using the visor inserts for the helm, what did you use to stick the visor insert to the face shield, and did you have any issue getting the insert to stick to the acrylic?

I just used lots of double sided tape. I did have an after thought that Plastic glue would work maybe. If you use glue be careful not to get any on the gold side as it eats right through it leaving the visor clear. I have a very small smear where I tried super glue out and it wiped the gold clean off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back