New build MK VI Halo Armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobojay

So this is my 1st try at doing this alone 2nd attempt in general. Ordered cheap card from amazon, while im waiting i started building a helmet in paper to see if the size is right. So far spent 2 evenings this is what i have so far..
SDC11316.jpg

SDC11315.jpg

As it's normal paper it's a bit flimsy! Its mk 6 btw

looking really clean so far! Not bad at all for normal paper. Looking forward to seeing the whole thing.

Finally got just to finish my helm, just as you can see like 4-5 bits to stick. I built it out of paper as i waited for my card, which is here now so i can start the proper one.
Stuff003.jpg
Stuff002.jpg
Stuff001.jpg

Great job so far!
And.... It's mark VI, not Mark V.
Mark V is Reach-Halo 1.
Mark VI is Halo 2 - Halo 3. (maybe Halo 4?)

great work, but thats not the mark V (5).

This is
409028_302652146463080_100001548918922_841434_473003493_n.jpg

what you have there is a very well done pep of a mark VI (6)

So had a bust weekend, only just got the base done on the helmet. I managed to build a forearm though today, not sure about the size.
Looks ok to me but i will have to cut most the end out as i will never fit my hand through!
Stuff057.jpg

Stuff062.jpg

Stuff063.jpg

please comment!

Helmet looks great. Forearms are hard to size and for the most part need allot of tweaking. That said you're off to a good start.

i have had all sorts of headaches with this, if you have long arms like me you can look for the female parts, that way they are longer without going popeye levels of width

I think once i trim the extra tabs on the inside it will be a snug fit, but do you guys reckon its about the right size?

Hi Jake,

The forearms look fine scale wise. Don't hesitate to trim the hand opening; nearly everyone (myself included) has needed to do it to be able to slip the forearm pieces on. The forearms can be quite annoying when worn since they are just so wide, but you seem to have obtained a good size on them. Keep up the great work! Looking forward to more progress.

Hi Jake,

The forearms look fine scale wise. Don't hesitate to trim the hand opening; nearly everyone (myself included) has needed to do it to be able to slip the forearm pieces on. The forearms can be quite annoying when worn since they are just so wide, but you seem to have obtained a good size on them. Keep up the great work! Looking forward to more progress.

With your nod of approval im of to make the right one.

cheers Vince!

93090d69.jpg

Helmet 2.0 is coming along nicely, made out of card this time and not paper. Had to make it a bit bigger think i got it just right!
Stuff003-1.jpg

So i have been slacking alot, but between my gf being pregnant and moving house and being in hospital i aint done bad lol!

More Progress soon though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back