Halo 3 ODST smg

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintstrong

Hello, I will be making an ODST SMG and will be making casts of it. I will make the front handle adjustable, the suppressor will screw off, the magazines will slide off. I dont work that fast and for a couple days i wont have much progress. I do not have all the pics because on 15 are allowed so you can go to my photo-bucket here:http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h373/clintstrong/

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

Close up on sights and suppressor
IMG_0555.jpg

Stock
IMG_0554.jpg

Sights
IMG_0551.jpg

Triger
IMG_0550.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

One piece that will go on the suppressor
DSC00017.jpg

The other piece
DSC00018.jpg

The pieces on top of the suppressor
DSC00019.jpg

view from the top
DSC00020.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

angle
DSC00023.jpg

Half painted silver
DSC00024.jpg

Thanks for viewing

It's coming along awesomely, great work!

You didn't seem to mention this, but will the stock be retractable, and the optics removable?

It's looking good! I'm looking forward on seeing how you cut and detail it! good luck!

Thank you katsu the stock will be retractable i think ill cut off the wood optics and put a red dot sight on it. Thank you Sepheus
This is the thing I have been doing in the meantime: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/35991-Halo-4-Helmet?p=594090#post594090 I will have progress on the ODST smg in a little bit sorry.
I will be doing a pep on an SMG to see the details and then ill start on the wood part. The model is by:WMHunterTLS and the unfold was by Spartan 051
DSC00183.jpg

Cut the pieces out and Glued the pieces together with wood glue
DSC00184.jpg

The pieces will be rounded soon.
DSC00185.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

View from the top.
DSC00194.jpg

Magazine not done on penciling out the details.
DSC00195.jpg

Not done cutting the little wood pieces left over.
DSC00196.jpg

Here is what I have been working on: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36082-MA37-Reach-AR?p=596129#post596129
DSC00206.jpg

Instead of sanding it all the way down i decided to draw a circle and saw off the pieces and then sand the little pointed parts.

Alright finally an update sorry for not getting on this lately, I decided that I would cut of the wood suppressor because it is not working out so I decided to get pvc pipe and get thing that I can screw on. Except I dont know how to glue plastic and wood together.
DSC00328.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

I can take off the other piece but its really tight on there. If you dont see there are three pieces.

Do you intend to make the trigger movable? Because that would really add to the realism of the whole thing. It shouldn't be too hard considering the things you plan to have move.

Your progress is looking very good. I thoroughly enjoy seeing wooden weapons since the detail in them can be fantastic if you do it right. Good luck with the rest of this project. I hope it turns out great!

Do you intend to make the trigger movable? Because that would really add to the realism of the whole thing. It shouldn't be too hard considering the things you plan to have move.

Your progress is looking very good. I thoroughly enjoy seeing wooden weapons since the detail in them can be fantastic if you do it right. Good luck with the rest of this project. I hope it turns out great!

Thanks I guess I could make it moveable.

By the looks of it in the pic below, the cap is solid in the center. Why don't you just drill three holes in it and screw it to the front where the suppressor goes, then you can just screw the pipe on with out fear of breaking it off. Be sure to pre drill the holes in the front of the gun also to prevent splitting. (if you didn't already know that)
Except I dont know how to glue plastic and wood together.
DSC00323.jpg

DSC00327.jpg
Great job so far. I really like seeing these wood builds.:D

Sorry for the double post
DSC00330.jpg

looks really weird, I put the lens in the pvc and I had flash on and it came out like this you can see the screw(black thing) I decided to do one because the wood part is to small and i dont want to split the wood.
DSC00333.jpg

To show you that it is truly screwed in. Its blurry because I couldnt get my hand to stop moving up and down.

Looking good mate! I cant wait to see the finished product!
If you arent planning on doing so, TRY to make as many movable parts as you can (all the parts that are supposed to move, that is)
The #1 problem with a lot of props / replicas, is that while they look awesome on the outside, the insides are sad from the lack of awesomeness.

For the trigger (if u add it) simply get a push spring, cut a hole where the trigger would go, drill a hole almost all the way through to make a pivot point, add a pin of sorts, drill a hole in the trigger (align it with the hole in the gun) Slap the spring on the trigger, glue it to the inside of the gun, pop the pin in, and WAMMO! Hope this helps, :)

Again, great job so far! Cant wait to see if finished :D

Looking good mate! I cant wait to see the finished product!
If you arent planning on doing so, TRY to make as many movable parts as you can (all the parts that are supposed to move, that is)
The #1 problem with a lot of props / replicas, is that while they look awesome on the outside, the insides are sad from the lack of awesomeness.

For the trigger (if u add it) simply get a push spring, cut a hole where the trigger would go, drill a hole almost all the way through to make a pivot point, add a pin of sorts, drill a hole in the trigger (align it with the hole in the gun) Slap the spring on the trigger, glue it to the inside of the gun, pop the pin in, and WAMMO! Hope this helps, :)

Again, great job so far! Cant wait to see if finished :D
Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back