Unity Project 2012 for Child's Play Charity (Looking for donors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little heads up for you all -

I'll be gone for a week starting tomorrow , so I won't be on to reply to the thread . Post some updates while I'm gone! I'll see you guys next week!

Sorry have been away for some time, I see the new H4 files are listed now (I am doing the gauntlets), I am printing them out with the "Average" length of 12" for the male forearm converted to MM which will be about 305...does this sound correct? I do not want to waste time doing these and find they are too small, so I am asking for guidance from the Project Manager please.

I've begun pepping the helmet. I'll have pictures up either tonight or tomorrow.

Awesome man! I can't wait to see them! October 1st as a deadline gives you two months to pep , strengthen , and detail the helmet. That way it can be molded and the casts can be shipped off to Niki for paint!

Sorry have been away for some time, I see the new H4 files are listed now (I am doing the gauntlets), I am printing them out with the "Average" length of 12" for the male forearm converted to MM which will be about 305...does this sound correct? I do not want to waste time doing these and find they are too small, so I am asking for guidance from the Project Manager please.

That sounds right (although I've never been that great at scaling . I'm sure you'll do a great job!

Ok everyone -

I only need one more address and then your prints and lanyards will be shipped off! I am also deeming Friday as the official "weekly update" day . I am asking that everyone give a update on their part of the project every Friday . That way everyone can ask for help if they need any and other members are welcome to give their input! Thanks everyone!

- Jacob

Heres what I have so far.
a558b84c.jpg

I know its not much but I've been really busy this past week. I scaled it to 280mm. Its a tight squeeze for me as it is but I'm hoping I just have a big head.

Heres what I have so far.
a558b84c.jpg

I know its not much but I've been really busy this past week. I scaled it to 280mm. Its a tight squeeze for me as it is but I'm hoping I just have a big head.

Looks nice and clean so far! When you account for the bondo that will be added and that it will be molded and cast , it should be just right . Keep it up!

Okay, so I ran into a little snag. First off, I think the helmet is going to come out too small, so I'm gonna start over with a height of 290mm instead of 280mm. Also I'm not sure I'll be able to do the detailing because my Dremel tool took a dump on me.
Jake, whose installing the visor? I think I mentioned I have one I'm donating, but maybe whoever is installing it can also to the sanding/Bondo work. Let me know. I'm also PMing you my contact info so we can communicate easier.

No pictures right now (they're coming I promise), but I've made progress on the helmet. I scraped the first one and scaled the new one at 290mm. Also I'm now using the H4 V1 pdo file (not sure who made it) as it seems more detailed while maintaining about the same difficulty as harnors simplified helm.

Okay, so I ran into a little snag. First off, I think the helmet is going to come out too small, so I'm gonna start over with a height of 290mm instead of 280mm. Also I'm not sure I'll be able to do the detailing because my Dremel tool took a dump on me.
Jake, whose installing the visor? I think I mentioned I have one I'm donating, but maybe whoever is installing it can also to the sanding/Bondo work. Let me know. I'm also PMing you my contact info so we can communicate easier.

Sir Tsaboc is etching the visor for the helmets. Send him a message and I'm sure you can work out something!

No pictures right now (they're coming I promise), but I've made progress on the helmet. I scraped the first one and scaled the new one at 290mm. Also I'm now using the H4 V1 pdo file (not sure who made it) as it seems more detailed while maintaining about the same difficulty as harnors simplified helm.

Sounds good! I can't wait to see pictures! Also , I LOVE your signature! Spread the word by putting a link to the project in your signature everyone! (that is , if you want too lol )

Ok everyone , I'm gone from tomorrow (Wed 8/15/12) until Saturday (8/18/12) . I'll see you all then!

00CC0B14-662F-4538-8E4E-D49A6BA4D73A-5065-00000533BC157E2A.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality, but here's the beginning of the updated helmet. I especially like how it shows more detail in the midline and on the sides. More pics to come.

No real update but I just wanted you guys to see what happens during downtime at my second job at the pretzel bakery.
C011A543-DAA2-4416-BF2F-244DAC9237A3-902-000000C1AC3263D4.jpg

:B

00CC0B14-662F-4538-8E4E-D49A6BA4D73A-5065-00000533BC157E2A.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality, but here's the beginning of the updated helmet. I especially like how it shows more detail in the midline and on the sides. More pics to come.

Looking nice and clean!

No real update but I just wanted you guys to see what happens during downtime at my second job at the pretzel bakery.
C011A543-DAA2-4416-BF2F-244DAC9237A3-902-000000C1AC3263D4.jpg

:B

haha that is AWESOME! I suggest 343 licenses them and makes them OFFICIAL! lol

My face when this helmet is taking me forever and a day to do.
066074BD-C68A-4D12-8C80-E672DCF1F28F-1676-0000016CFDC72F6C.jpg

I have the weekend off (well nights anyway) so I should have more to show for by Monday.

My face when this helmet is taking me forever and a day to do.
066074BD-C68A-4D12-8C80-E672DCF1F28F-1676-0000016CFDC72F6C.jpg

I have the weekend off (well nights anyway) so I should have more to show for by Monday.

Awesome man! Let's have it done by the end of September so we can get it molded ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back