Unity Project 2012 for Child's Play Charity (Looking for donors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not gonna lie, i LOL'ed at the forum joke lol.
Everything is looking great man

Haha I thought a few people might get a laugh from it . Thanks!

dude the pictures and lanyard tags look awesome, cant wait to see them both in person!

I'm glad you like them! I'm shipping them out as soon as I get the last two addresses !

I would prefer to do the solid black clean one. But since this is a community project, I figured I would let you guys decide on what it will look like.

Just say the black or the weathered one as your vote. After a week or so I will total up the votes.

I have to say black .

Yeah, i think black looks the nicest, the lettering stands out really well against it. And man, i cannot wait to see this stuff in person! It all looks amazing! jbetts, you rock man!

Yeah, i think black looks the nicest, the lettering stands out really well against it. And man, i cannot wait to see this stuff in person! It all looks amazing! jbetts, you rock man!

Thanks man! But if it wasn't for all of you guys , this project wouldn't happen!

Hey Jacob, I was wondering if you guys have managed to get someone to build the H4 helmet, if not I will donate a casting of my Halo 4 Master Chief helmet casting to this project hopefully this can help to speed up the project it is unfinished and will need someone to install a visor and paint job. Since all the pieces for the suit are being molded all I ask is that you please don't mold and recast the casting I send to you, Will this help out the Unity Build?, I know that the helmet is one of the hardest parts to make and I would like to help out on the unity build, let me know

Hey Jacob, I was wondering if you guys have managed to get someone to build the H4 helmet, if not I will donate a casting of my Halo 4 Master Chief helmet casting to this project hopefully this can help to speed up the project it is unfinished and will need someone to install a visor and paint job. Since all the pieces for the suit are being molded all I ask is that you please don't mold and recast the casting I send to you, Will this help out the Unity Build?, I know that the helmet is one of the hardest parts to make and I would like to help out on the unity build, let me know

Hey Hyper -

Thanks for the offer , but someone is making a helmet. If things do not work out for some odd reason , I will be contacting you for a cast! Thanks again !

Jacob

I can mold and cast. But are you going to send me the materials to make the mold or do I have to pay for them myself? And as a side note can I make a cast for my own halo 4 chief build? But anyway it may be awhile before I can get started. My parents took my computer for a while but when I get it back, I'll knock it out pretty fast. Also my mother is a seemstress, so if you tell us what you need we can do the undersuit.

I can mold and cast. But are you going to send me the materials to make the mold or do I have to pay for them myself? And as a side note can I make a cast for my own halo 4 chief build? But anyway it may be awhile before I can get started. My parents took my computer for a while but when I get it back, I'll knock it out pretty fast. Also my mother is a seemstress, so if you tell us what you need we can do the undersuit.

I will be purchasing the materials , so I could mold it and send you a cast or two . I am going to talk to some people about designing an undersuit, once I do that I could tell you exactly what we need . Thanks man!

Hey, checking up on the project and I have to say, progress looks awesome, you guys are doing an awesome job. I'd help with more than just donations but I'm still stuck in an apartment so I wouldn't be able to resin, mold, or cast a single thing. Anyways, keep up the awesome work, and I say black for the stand but only because of practicality, if you were going for aesthetics then I'd say weathered.

I'm gonna pm kingrahl so hopefully he can simplify the helmet pep file a bit. Otherwise we may have to go with the cast. Really hope it doesn't come to that cause I'd really like to do it.

Hey, checking up on the project and I have to say, progress looks awesome, you guys are doing an awesome job. I'd help with more than just donations but I'm still stuck in an apartment so I wouldn't be able to resin, mold, or cast a single thing. Anyways, keep up the awesome work, and I say black for the stand but only because of practicality, if you were going for aesthetics then I'd say weathered.

I can't thank you enough for the donations you've put forward . Thanks again man!

I'm gonna pm kingrahl so hopefully he can simplify the helmet pep file a bit. Otherwise we may have to go with the cast. Really hope it doesn't come to that cause I'd really like to do it.

Sounds good man . Keep it up!

Okay everyone , I need some help -

Since we have gotten an offer for someone to make the undersuit , I still have to come up with a design for it . However , I can't find a fabric to match the undersuit. So I thought it would be cool to have even more community involvement! I am making this a little contest for some incentive . The first person to find a fabric that closely resembles the texture of the undersuit and the person who comes up with a good way to make it get a nifty little prize . Here is a picture of the undersuit -

Halo4undersuit.jpg

You can find as many reference pictures as you want and can submit as many different fabrics as well . Thanks guys!

Jacob

It's going to be tough to find a material match.
Hard and more than likely expensive.
I would check on-line or even visit a fabric store with a picture, as they may be able to direct you somewhere where you may find something.

Good luck!
Dave.

but I'm still stuck in an apartment so I wouldn't be able to resin, mold, or cast a single thing.

Don't worry about it, man. That's gonna be me in a couple months. Thanks for your contribution. And a huge thanks to all those that are a part of this team! Ooh-rah, Spartans!

Update: I just got in touch with kingrahl. He finished modifying the helmet file and is in the process of unfolding it. Should take a day or too. A big shout-out to him for taking time out of his day to help us out!

I'm just here to update my proof of concept for the helmet stand. I just printed it on my 3D printer.
2012-06-01070726.jpg

I have also removed detail from my helmet and may take a day or two to unfold.
I'm told someone else is doing the same. Either way there's a low def helmet coming.

That just might work! Thanks Pony!

It's going to be tough to find a material match.
Hard and more than likely expensive.
I would check on-line or even visit a fabric store with a picture, as they may be able to direct you somewhere where you may find something.

Good luck!
Dave.

Thanks man ! I have found a few solutions .

I'm just here to update my proof of concept for the helmet stand. I just printed it on my 3D printer.
2012-06-01070726.jpg

I have also removed detail from my helmet and may take a day or two to unfold.
I'm told someone else is doing the same. Either way there's a low def helmet coming.

Sounds good man! I love the helmet stand concept! I can't wait to see it finished!

I am posting this from the weak internet connection I have here at the campground I'm staying at this weekend , but once I'm home tomorrow afternoon , I'll be able to get back to work!

You guys ROCK!

- Jacob!

just to finish the list I'll o the shin and knee as well.
I have nothing going on for the next couple months.
It should keep me busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back