Unity Project 2012 for Child's Play Charity (Looking for donors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! New images released ! Here are just a couple!

MexicanStandoff.jpg

MCwithAR2.jpg

Check out that AR!

MCwithAR1.jpg

Here is a picture of the first mission on the Forward unto dawn

Forwarduntodawn1.jpg

cortananewlook2.jpg

You can see all 18 new images from Gameinformer here -

http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x394/Jacob_Betts/Halo 4 images/

Enjoy!

Jacob

Ok, just a little update here, I have accomplished nothing on the thighs so far.. My printer (like sai's) has broken down. Luckily my dad happens to own a small computer repair, web design, and printer and fax sales company, So I should have a new printer within the week. Ill check in again when I have some real progress.

Ok, just a little update here, I have accomplished nothing on the thighs so far.. My printer (like sai's) has broken down. Luckily my dad happens to own a small computer repair, web design, and printer and fax sales company, So I should have a new printer within the week. Ill check in again when I have some real progress.

Sounds good man! Thanks!

Hey all , just a quick little idea -

What would you guys think about having HUD detail on the inside of the helmet ? While you wouldn't be able to see it while wearing it , it would add another layer of AWESOMESAUCE ! Check out Kadus27's JFO helmet . I think something like this would be cool with this detail -

29de90bc3eadb405704c4c31c37e24db359978af.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

halo4hud.jpg

Input please!

-Jacob

Sir Tsaboc - Would you be able to do something like this? Let me know!

On wednesday, I'm going to experiment with some techniques for HUDs in the visor. It is sort of corny in real life, but the gamer in me wants to see it happen.

Kadus went with stickers, I have a few ideas I'm going to test once I get it all going. It's more a novelty than anything, but still fun! I'll probably have swappable visors, one with and one without.

I might just be me, but I'm not a big fan of HUDs inside of a costume lid.

Yeah , It wouldn't be very visible when your wearing the helmet

On wednesday, I'm going to experiment with some techniques for HUDs in the visor. It is sort of corny in real life, but the gamer in me wants to see it happen.

Kadus went with stickers, I have a few ideas I'm going to test once I get it all going. It's more a novelty than anything, but still fun! I'll probably have swappable visors, one with and one without.

Sounds good! I would like to see it happen . I would also think this means that if the inside is something to show off , it need to have motorcycle padding on the inside (much like Spase's recon helmet )

i havent been here very long, so what is this unity project child play thing?

You can see the original Unity Project here -

2011 Unity Project

It started last year when a group of us built a MK VI helmet and donated it too a auction to benefit Child's Play charity . The helmet was signed by Steve Downs (the Voice of Master Chief) , Jen Taylor (the voice of Cortana) , Tim Dadabo (voice of 343 Guilty Spark) , Pete Stacker (the voice of Jacob Keyes) , AND by the entire staff of 343i . The helmet sold for around $900 and all of the money went to help sick children in hospitals by providing them with entertainment . Thanks for asking man!

-Jacob

** UPDATE **

Kyre will not be able to be a part of the Unity Project this year :( That means the Chest piece is open for someone too take . Thanks!

-Jacob

Hey all. I'm really sorry about the unexplained absence. I've had some things go down that were unavoidable and prevented me from posting, but I'm back now and happy to be! I have run into some snags with the helmet. The main thing being the pep work is way too complicated. I've made 2 attemps (sorry no pics :() which both ended in failure. Is anyone willing or able to edit the h4 brain bucket (I think that ones yours kingrahl) to be a bit mor low def? The way I see it those kinds of details can be bonded/etched in afterwards. Let me know because I would really like to still make this helmet.

Thanks for the update man!

Also Sai -

What do you think about having just a helmet in the auction as well? Since we're molding the helmet , it would be easy to do . I could cast it out , fix any problem spots there are . This would mean , however that Sir Tsaboc and Halogoddess would have more work to do (Sir Tsaboc would need to make two visors and Halogoddess would have one more thing to paint )
What do you guys think of that? I am in cahoots with someone about making a custom stand if we were to have just a Unity Helmet as well . That is how the Unity Project started last year , with just a helmet. It also means more money for Child's Play! Tell me what you think!

Keep up the good work !

-Jacob
That's fine by me Jake. Whatever's best for the charity.

Hey all. I'm really sorry about the unexplained absence. I've had some things go down that were unavoidable and prevented me from posting, but I'm back now and happy to be! I have run into some snags with the helmet. The main thing being the pep work is way too complicated. I've made 2 attemps (sorry no pics :() which both ended in failure. Is anyone willing or able to edit the h4 brain bucket (I think that ones yours kingrahl) to be a bit mor low def? The way I see it those kinds of details can be bonded/etched in afterwards. Let me know because I would really like to still make this helmet.

That's fine by me Jake. Whatever's best for the charity.

Hey man! I hope you guys can get that worked out! Thanks for updating us!

I've been a little bombarded with requests to model, pep, and post the shins and shoes (don't forget the "seat") at the moment. I've been rather preoccupied with other things lately. I also tried earlier this week to record my modeling of the shins but my computer isn't fast enough to do more than one thing at a time, so I bought a new one and I'm not too sure about Win7 yet. I plan on hitting it hard this week.

I've been a little bombarded with requests to model, pep, and post the shins and shoes (don't forget the "seat") at the moment. I've been rather preoccupied with other things lately. I also tried earlier this week to record my modeling of the shins but my computer isn't fast enough to do more than one thing at a time, so I bought a new one and I'm not too sure about Win7 yet. I plan on hitting it hard this week.

Sounds good man . Thanks for the update!

Just a little note too the team - Please send me your addresses so I can start sending out your prints of the Master Chief picture . Thanks!

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back