Goin' Commando

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupokitty

I got this cast off Blackula a few months ago and painted it on my ship with whatever they had laying around. It's a bit of a crappy paint job (I was painting in a yellow-lit hangar bay at night...) but I think it looks pretty neat.
429957_2664782178030_1210283666_32045860_2052824752_n.jpg

that's not a crappy paint job! just call it contemporary digital camouflage!
considering you painted this where you did, I'd say it's pretty good!

CJ

E:
/offtopic
343 posts and 7 blogs! I AM A BUNGIE!!!

Thanks, MissingSpartan7!
I'm a bit OCD when it comes to painting things, so the few mishaps I had with the paint irk me quite a bit. It's not noticeable in this amazingly crappy cell phone picture, but the paint bled through several spots that were covered in tape. Also, there is a little bit of peeling on the back of the helmet. I have no idea what happened there, but I guess the lacquer I used didn't like what was under it.

Awesome stuff Kupo! You did Blackula's helmet justice for sure.:)

Would it be considered "plagiarism" if I did a similiar job for my helmet? Because this is something I never would have thought of. Pure Genius.

Are those ESS goggles? I still have mine and didn't know if they would fit in any of the helmets.
Looks great.

kupokitty, peeling quite often happens when you put fast drying paint over a slow drying one that has not finished off-gasing yet. The surface is sealed and there is no place for the fumes to go, so they push against the dried paint until it breaks through the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back