Rawr's Reach Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeniorRawr

Jr Member
Hey, working on an armor build, starting with a pilot variant helmet, gonna need tons of help on this one, so far Katsu's been a huge help with the variant links i needed, so this is what i've got so far.
6925000155_4fb822bf4b_z.jpg

couple different shots of it... not the greatest if you saw it up close...
6778883806_d52ac9493a_z.jpg

6778883666_7bc62c9290_z.jpg

Still need to pep and form the helmet, and side attachment. I'm so totally going to struggle though this, mainly cause i have little room to do it, also because i lack much skill in it so it won't be the best but it'll be what i can do... I will be kinda slow though cause i'm working on it between work and sleep, not much time except on weekends.

Hey it looks good so far, don't sweat it too much, and worst comes to worst, pepping isn't so bad you can't do a new one. But it is very good to start with small, easier to work with pieces before getting to big important ones like the helmet. The mistakes you make on the UA will pave the way to a better helmet.

The UA looks good. And pep dose get easier the more you do it. Good luck and I hope to see great things from you.

Looks great, just keep at it with patience and good luck
thanks rouge, doin what i can with such beginner skills lol
Hey it looks good so far, don't sweat it too much, and worst comes to worst, pepping isn't so bad you can't do a new one. But it is very good to start with small, easier to work with pieces before getting to big important ones like the helmet. The mistakes you make on the UA will pave the way to a better helmet.
thanks man, probably wouldn't have found it without your help katsu. Btw, just printed off the helmet XD gonna do pep work on the UA attachment first though.
The UA looks good. And pep dose get easier the more you do it. Good luck and I hope to see great things from you.
well i'm lookin forward to the complete armor set, thanks for the encouragement thorn.

Well, i'll post later tonight on whether or not that HUL[3] attachment comes out good or if i accidentally put myself in the hospital with the exacto like i almost did last night XD. Also on a side project I'm working on a brute shot, idk how big it'll be when i'm done but i don't think too big, the barrel is murder though... Gonna post about that when i'm done with it, i'll keep pic progress and show once completed.

sooo i didn't make the UA attachment last night... just finished though so... here it is, only one problem.... size differential is off by a bit between the UA and HUL[3] attachment.... the UA should be a tad bit bigger but i think the HUL[3] turned out good.
here's a quick look
6783439158_a45ca4eaa3_z.jpg

6929558139_cca00cf7d7_z.jpg

6929558477_9aba3d9020_z.jpg

6783439960_a94df65541_z.jpg

here's the size difference between the two.... gonna have to make a new UA but it should turn out good, same with the HUL[3] but smaller... also gonna need to know how to scale up/down armor...
6929558989_97fab9df1f_z.jpg

so... not sure what to try and make next but i'm thinkin about the scout shoulder piece... not sure though. tell ya what, make a suggestion cause here's what my armor looks like.
6783474318_c34d5258ef_z.jpg

but with the UA/HUL[3] pilot helmet

so i'd be workin on my recon should right now but there's one problem.... i can't find one with the detail and accuracy i'm wanting to in game armor
here's the shoulder piece as everyone knows what it looks like
6933586835_4a08d2b721_z.jpg

but here's what's missing from all the pep file's i've seen, these top two little slots
6787472258_65de9fe24a_z.jpg

and all this detail at the bottom and the stuff between the little protrusion from the middle and the bottom
6933586267_6b41b132cf_z.jpg

if i could find one with that or if someone could tell me how i can get that, i'd love them for FOREVER!!!!.... in a brotherly kinda way
also if anyone can help me out on a link for the tactical soft case and a link for the HP/HALO chest piece, i'd really appreciate it, if you don't know what i'm talkin about here's what they look like.
tactical soft case
6933586695_4c8eb0c541_z.jpg

HP/HALO chest piece
6933586455_599802bcef_z.jpg

for now i think i'll start working on emile's kukri/sheath, on a side note i just got my gloves in so YAY!!! i think i'll pep hand plates too, also sorry for the uber long double posts i did...

ok so i got a little up date but i ran into a hiccup as well, it's with the kukri's sheath... i have no way to build the sliced sheath cause... idk what i need for that... anyways moving on with the up date i got the hand plates done and i got my gloves in as well, just wana say thanks to Annanymous and her thread on her [thread=34387]Sister armor build[/thread], were it not for her post on the gloves she got i wouldn't have found them for my armor, their the most game accurate ones i know of.
6804733504_3a9af4bfb7_z.jpg

here's one with a glove
6950846437_8bb665d6b1_z.jpg

and i noticed the faces left behind in the cut outs so.... my ADD/weird artistic side kicked in XD
6950846671_37269142b9_z.jpg

6950847029_278f79b287_z.jpg

i'll post more pics when i get a chance to, until then i'll be workin and hoping everyone else has better armor updates than this one

Looking good so far buddy, as for your cqc shoulder and those little slots/divots; your most likely have to sand the details in the bondo.

Looking good so far buddy, as for your cqc shoulder and those little slots/divots; your most likely have to sand the details in the bondo.

yeah, figured it would have probably ended up happening that way, but that just means i get to learn and gain experience in bondo work

yeah, figured it would have probably ended up happening that way, but that just means i get to learn and gain experience in bondo work

Just apply and sand the bondo as usual then eyeball where the divots go and mark it with a marker and sand to fit. In all honesty if I didn't stumble into this thread I would have missed this detail in my shoulder piece haha

Just apply and sand the bondo as usual then eyeball where the divots go and mark it with a marker and sand to fit. In all honesty if I didn't stumble into this thread I would have missed this detail in my shoulder piece haha

lol yeah, really particular about all the fine work on my armor i'm making, so even if it's advanced pep work, i'll still try it to make it look as good as possible

sorry about the double post but because of the hold up withe the kukri sheath im gonna have to switch over to the reach odst shoulder for my right arm, i hate to change it because of a sheath but i'm gonna have to V,.,V

Hey, just took another look at your thread, good work so far. You're boned on those details it seems. I have been trying to download every version of every armor out there, and neither of mine have those details.

When you get to carving it into the piece, remember the ultimate carpenter's credo: Measure twice, cut once.

The softcase probably won't have a pep, because... it's a soft case! Better to hit up a military surplus store I guess. And then mount it onto the second piece that comes with the NXRA file (The under piece that connects it to the thigh). It is a shame the less popular pieces aren't as common, I wanted to make the chobham and trauam kit but can't find those files.

I am curious what the problem with the sheath is, there are many knife/sheath pep sets out there you can use, as well as getting a bootknife from a military surplus store.

Good luck!

Hey, just took another look at your thread, good work so far. You're boned on those details it seems. I have been trying to download every version of every armor out there, and neither of mine have those details.

When you get to carving it into the piece, remember the ultimate carpenter's credo: Measure twice, cut once.

The softcase probably won't have a pep, because... it's a soft case! Better to hit up a military surplus store I guess. And then mount it onto the second piece that comes with the NXRA file (The under piece that connects it to the thigh). It is a shame the less popular pieces aren't as common, I wanted to make the chobham and trauam kit but can't find those files.

I am curious what the problem with the sheath is, there are many knife/sheath pep sets out there you can use, as well as getting a bootknife from a military surplus store.

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the feed back, i agree i am pretty s.o.l. on the detail work, but i hope to get it in there regardless. the soft case may end up turning into a pipe dream for now, and the problem I'm having with the knife is the sheath, in the pep file it's a HD kukri pep with a layered sheath, i can always check around for a similar sheath but idk of ant surplus stores here in the bremerton area of washington... kinda atatched to that odst shoulder now that i started making it too, however it would still be good to find a good surplus store.

-Logan

The HP/Halo chest piece you want is in the "Official Halo Reach Files" thread. If you cant find it, message me your email and Ill send it to you. There are to versions. One is spot on. The other, you need to add details.

EDIT - I take that back, I dont see either of them there... But I have them both. Send me your email and Ill send you the better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back