L05T V1K1N6 Reach M45 Tactical Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be heartbroken if it doesn't make it through customs!

As will I. I think it will be fine though.
Too bad it in no way still looks like wood. Good thing for moulding, But not so much for customs. I might have made it look a little too real...

lmao!
You think!!!
I would have called customs ahead of time, just to ask; "Excuse me Mr/Mrs Customs officer... A package will be crossing your path in the near future who's contents look quite like 'Hell On A Platter'... This shouldn't be an issue... should it?"

lmao!
You think!!!
I would have called customs ahead of time, just to ask; "Excuse me Mr/Mrs Customs officer... A package will be crossing your path in the near future who's contents look quite like 'Hell On A Platter'... This shouldn't be an issue... should it?"

L05T V1K1N6 likes this.

So i take it all your photos are just to impressive because now we cant see them lol.

Congrats on the move to Elite, So now I have to ask you. When do you're Photos of that work of art arrive in the Elite section. ;)

I know its awesome I've seen the pic's, but the link is broke some were.
P.S. let me know when there up so I can Edit this post.:cool

beautiful beyond description. Hands down the best reach shotgun prop I've seen. The attention to detail is epic and your paint work just ties the entire project together wonderfully. Congrats on the elite move. It is well deserved.

Wtf? NOOOOO!!!!! MY PICS!!! What happened?
Bare with me guys, I'll get this straightened out soon.

The website said "im sorry, but we can not show such awesomeness to the public for they might go into a frenzy from seeing something so epic"
:p lol

There were complaints being made by people all over the globe saying their friends and family visiting the thread we're suffering from ocular extension syndrome! Some complainants heard an "Awooga!" sound effect coming out from no where when the symptoms occurred :p

There were complaints being made by people all over the globe saying their friends and family visiting the thread we're suffering from ocular extension syndrome! Some complainants heard an "Awooga!" sound effect coming out from no where when the symptoms occurred :p

Hahaha! You guys crack me up!

Well I tried rescaling the pictures and even that didn't work. So my next step is to just replace all the missing pics with direct links. Sorry for the inconvenience :/

Hahaha! You guys crack me up!

Well I tried rescaling the pictures and even that didn't work. So my next step is to just replace all the missing pics with direct links. Sorry for the inconvenience :/

Edit: That didn't work either. Sorry guys, I don't what to do about this :(
I host my pictures on my Deviant ART account, either in a folder or in my scrapbook so they aren't all over the place. Maybe that could work for you? Its completely free too!

I host my pictures on my Deviant ART account, either in a folder or in my scrapbook so they aren't all over the place. Maybe that could work for you? Its completely free too!

Excellent idea! I always forget I have a Deviant Art account. I think I'll do that tonight.

Thanks Forge!

Awesome work! You are putting me to shame. I have been so busy finishing up with college that I have not been on here lately and I see I have missed a lot. Again Great work!

I might have missed this somewhere in the threads (numerous pages lol) but what technique did you use for painting? I don't see any wood-grain, so is it some sort of plaster or clear-coat, then painting or just paint & sand repeatedly?

I might have missed this somewhere in the threads (numerous pages lol) but what technique did you use for painting? I don't see any wood-grain, so is it some sort of plaster or clear-coat, then painting or just paint & sand repeatedly?

I'd be more than happy to answer that :D
The ultra smooth paint finish I was able to acheive was a result of two things: For one thing, I mainly used poplar for most of the construction, and poplar has very little to no grain texture on the surface in terms of its smoothness. The other factor is the primer I used, which is specifically designed to fill spots and minor imperfections. It's perfect for that type of aplication and, for all intents and purposes, almost acts like a Bondo/ primer 2in1 for a cleaner top coat. Hope that helps!

AwesomeSaucecopy.jpg

A build worthy of the sauce!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back