L05T V1K1N6 Reach M45 Tactical Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to necro things, but this is still on the 1st page in the Elite Showcase, so hopefully that means that this is still alive enough. Plus I did notice that L05T V1K1N6's last login was yesterday, so that's good.

There were a few questions I had as I went through this, but I only found one of the answers.
Q1B) What kind of wood did you use?
- A: I think I read that you said you use "Poplar".
- - - Q1B) Why Poplar if that's what you used?

Q2) You described your primer paint, but you never specified the brand or anything, can you given any info on it?

Q3) How much was the finished weight?
- A: 5 lbs

Q4) Did you do anything to the pump so it wouldn't slide loosely and freely? I mean, did you add any springs to it so that it would stay in place unless you physically pumped it with your hand or anything like that?

Q5) Did you keep any of the templates for the slices of the shotgun?

Honestly, I think you could have written up an amazing guide on how to follow in your footsteps whether it'd be for duplicating the process with wood or perhaps even foam instead.

It would have been great if you saved your templates for each of the slices and had it marked for how thick each slice needed to be.
You could have even had detailing templates for the marks/small indentions on the sides; "place template here, mark these spots, use this drill bit with a hand drill or a vertical mill."

Seriously, a list of templates, thicknesses, the processes needed to detail each of the cross sections, assembly instructions, and a list of required materials (a dowel rod, a ?" x ?" x ?" block of wood, what grades of sand paper are needed, etc...) would be absolutely amazing to have so that others could follow what you did and replicate your success.

Yes, you did make it look extremely easy to make, but I think you also came up with a method that broke down all the details of the weapon in an extremely easy way to reproduce. I'd just really love a tutorial on it.

I would personally love to scratch build one myself if you had instructions for it, but if I need to commission you to make a 2nd one in order for you write up instructions for everyone, then that is something that I would definitely consider doing.

...and yes, I know that Brandon McClain made a mold and has been casting the shotgun, but like I've said, it would be monumentally helpful to get a tutorial/guide on making weapons like you do.
There is something a lot more satisfying in following a tutorial step by step in order to make something pretty much from scratch than it is to simply go out and buy something.

9k=

*like*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back